JLordVileJJLordVileJ Member Posts: 3,297 ★★★★
Convince me otherwise

Comments

• ahmynutsahmynuts Member Posts: 7,267 ★★★★★
    She-Hulk has entered the chat
  • captain_rogerscaptain_rogers Member Posts: 8,093 ★★★★★
    Emilia90 said:

Shehulk exists**

Honestly tho,I don't get the she hulk hate. Is it boring? Kinda. But it is atleast different from the othe commercial marvel tv shows. I really do enjoyed the fourth wall breaks and especially the last episode.

Or do y'all hate it for being "borderline woke"? But isn't every netflix series woke nowadays?
    I hate the term woke to describe things (not you here but by people to downplay rep) but she-hulk is just a bad direction for how they wanted to portray a strong woman. Downplaying Banner and stripping what made her so cool in other media was the shows biggest sin. It’s not horrible other than that, but it’s also pretty barebones and disappointing. Marvel isn’t alone in that though, you’re right that Netflix and a lot of other media thinks that a strong character has to be an unrelenting pos
    Yeah I have felt that too. One show where a female hero is a lead and they made it like a parody. Look at other shows, The Heroes fight against crime, serious villains, Cosmic entities and such. But here, the villain is some cringe social media celebrity. There's no serious evil to fight in the show.

Moreover they made her dating life the centre core of the show. That's just cringe.

The show was funny, but there's just no plot. Netflix should realise people don't watch marvel shows to laugh, they want some serious actions and wanna see their favourite heroes and villains flaunt their superpowers.

Convince me otherwise

I absolutely cannot. I embarrassed myself while I was watching it. Utter garbage with cringy acting throughout.
    Really? Then which tv show should I watch. Already seen daredevil and punisher. Should I go for defenders?
  • BringPopcornBringPopcorn Member Posts: 4,423 ★★★★★

Convince me otherwise

I absolutely cannot. I embarrassed myself while I was watching it. Utter garbage with cringy acting throughout.
    Really? Then which tv show should I watch. Already seen daredevil and punisher. Should I go for defenders?
    Watch em in order, it kinda makes it better
  • TikkaMasalaTikkaMasala Member Posts: 340 ★★

Convince me otherwise

I’m not really sure there’s any Marvel TV series worth the time investment to watch. The ones I’ve seen have been ok at best, and I never even bothered with She-Hulk.
  • SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Member Posts: 21,936 ★★★★★
    i don’t like she-hulk either but inhumans is genuine dog water it’s so bad
  • JLordVileJJLordVileJ Member Posts: 3,297 ★★★★
    She hulk was ok imo until the terrible ending
  • Nemesis_17Nemesis_17 Member Posts: 2,196 ★★★★★
    edited June 10

Convince me otherwise

I’m not really sure there’s any Marvel TV series worth the time investment to watch. The ones I’ve seen have been ok at best, and I never even bothered with She-Hulk.
    I thought Loki was fairly good and now X-men97, mostly because those shows actually focused on story telling and character development. The rest have either been bad humor fests (she hulk lol) or disappointing finales *cough secret invasion cough*.
  • OurobørosOurobøros Member Posts: 1,536 ★★★★
    I don't there's a way to convince you, it is indeed dog ****, so much wasted potential. I still can't believe I watch the entirety of the series
  • PT_99PT_99 Member Posts: 4,069 ★★★★★

Shehulk exists**

Honestly tho,I don't get the she hulk hate. Is it boring? Kinda. But it is atleast different from the othe commercial marvel tv shows. I really do enjoyed the fourth wall breaks and especially the last episode.

Or do y'all hate it for being "borderline woke"? But isn't every netflix series woke nowadays?
    New Netflix design structure has forced me to go to high sails and that opened my eyes, true 4k quality is actually better in torrent then I learnt that Netflix provides 1080p upscale in most of the videos 🤣
    Never going back

Convince me otherwise

And Hulk got yeeted out in distance by a Jeep 🤣
    Actual movie Hulk could've stopped a running tank of full speed, punch it into gauntlet and fight abomination all while military was trying to gun him down relentlessly.

I know different works but at least don't nerf him from 100 to 10.
  • obsidimanobsidiman Member Posts: 920 ★★★

Convince me otherwise

Finally got around to watching it 7 years after its debut huh? Current.

Convince me otherwise

I thought Loki was fairly good and now X-men97, mostly because those shows actually focused on story telling and character development. The rest have either been bad humor fests (she hulk lol) or disappointing finales *cough secret invasion cough*.
    I would really see a x men non animated TV show. The movie series is fine, but it focused too much on wolverine and made other characters dummy.
  • Kingering_KingKingering_King Member Posts: 857 ★★★
    Yeah inhumans sucks
  • Nemesis_17Nemesis_17 Member Posts: 2,196 ★★★★★

Convince me otherwise

I would really see a x men non animated TV show. The movie series is fine, but it focused too much on wolverine and made other characters dummy.
    I haven’t seen the movie series and honestly have no desire to lol. But yea I’d be interested, I never really cared about the X-men until xmen97, and now I’m actually interested in their comic stories. There’s so many good comic plots they could draw from like 97 did, though I still don’t have that much faith in marvel sadly
    On another note, in case you didn't know, in the 2002(I think?) Hulk movie, abs man is hulks father, and the villain. Also 2008 hulk was really good

Shehulk exists**

The writers stated they'd never read a she hulk comic. Big yikes for fronting what could have been an amazing series, evidently the writers ignorance is what made it a let down.
    The writers said what 😳
  • World EaterWorld Eater Member Posts: 3,702 ★★★★★

Convince me otherwise

Jessica jones was really good.
    I couldn’t get into the Defenders though .

Shehulk exists**

The writers stated they'd never read a she hulk comic. Big yikes for fronting what could have been an amazing series, evidently the writers ignorance is what made it a let down.
    Writers of Netfix witcher went with this same direction, season-1 was at least 70-30 faithful to books but then God knows what happened, writers suddenly daydreamed that they don't need source material and what followed was such a mess, viewership down, money lost, godawful script, costumes, dialogues, such mess that Henry Cavill left and now show got cancelled. 💀

Now I'm worried about One piece 🤣 season-1 is bit faithful to original work but all hell will break lose now

PT_99 said:

Shehulk exists**

Writers of Netfix witcher went with this same direction, season-1 was at least 70-30 faithful to books but then God knows what happened, writers suddenly daydreamed that they don't need source material and what followed was such a mess, viewership down, money lost, godawful script, costumes, dialogues, such mess that Henry Cavill left and now show got cancelled. 💀

Now I'm worried about One piece 🤣 season-1 is bit faithful to original work but all hell will break lose now

One piece shouldn't be having Netflix adaptation in first place😭
  • MagrailothosMagrailothos Member Posts: 5,861 ★★★★★
    Definitely watch series one of Jessica Jones, and both series of Luke Cage @captain_rogers

Series two of Jessica Jones is a bit less good, and I never finished three.

Luke Cage is really, really good. The villain in the second half of series one (Diamondback) is a little underwhelming but Cottonmouth (Mahershala Ali) is amazing, and Bushmaster in s2 is fantastic - a genuine physical threat to Luke, who could have been a fantastic addition to MCOC.

Then you can watch Defenders, which is pretty watchable, especially if you think of it as Daredevil season 2.5, rather than a Netflix equivalent to the Avengers.
  • MagrailothosMagrailothos Member Posts: 5,861 ★★★★★
    edited June 10
    Also, I'll stand up for She-Hulk.

Inhumans was trying to be a superhero show: She-Hulk was trying to be something different.

It's not intended to be watched as a traditional superhero series: it's a different genre entirely, that's not to everyone's taste.

If you think of it as a legal procedural comedy-drama, it's a watchable show, if not an amazing one. Some really fun ideas, especially with Abomination and Wong, and Immortal Man.

I'd rewatch She-Hulk before rewatching Iron Fist...
  • PriyabrataPriyabrata Member Posts: 1,237 ★★★★
    edited June 10

Shehulk exists**

Agree for the first part, JAIL for the spoiler