**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Carnage: 2018 Buff

So as the title says, this is a quick thread on the Carnage buff we were told would be coming back in June/July.
Im really just enquiring about it.
Is it something we were just told? Or are we going to see a buff to Carnage through 2018?
Im really curious as he is one of my favourites and such a big and powerful character.

Comments

• You do realize that they could have just said they were going to buff him to get everyone to stop complaining about him.
  • LocoMotivesLocoMotives Posts: 1,200 ★★★
    They never said it back in summer, it was at NYCC. No date was given either, so we have nothing to go off.
  • GreenstrokeGreenstroke Posts: 291
    Just rewert him back to the state he was before initially released in the game, 150 hits against RoL WS aint op...
  • Hammerbro_64Hammerbro_64 Posts: 7,463 ★★★★★
    edited January 2018
    I think how he worked was he would stack all of his abilities instead of switching and mutating or something. That would make him legit

Edit: this is just speculation
  • Dexman1349Dexman1349 Posts: 3,060 ★★★★★
    https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/43023/beta-test-potential-improvements-to-luke-cage-and-red-hulk#latest

This leads me to believe there are a handful of champs that will be revised over the coming year. Hopefully Carnage is one of them...
  • Hammerbro_64Hammerbro_64 Posts: 7,463 ★★★★★
    edited January 2018
    How do u delete a comment? I posted in the wrong discussion
  • #buffcarnage
  • Jac094Jac094 Posts: 198
    Naaah **** it, why buff such a popoular character like Carnage if you can buff Luke Cage and Red Hulk?
  • BahamutBahamut Posts: 2,307 ★★★★
    Jac094 wrote: »
    Naaah **** it, why buff such a popoular character like Carnage if you can buff Luke Cage and Red Hulk?

You say that like buffing them was a bad choice
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,236 ★★★★★
    The comment that was reiterated was that he was adjusted before release because he was too strong, and that they agreed he was adjusted too much, and they may be revisiting him this year. All of this is heresay, simply because we weren't there and there has been no official comment on it other than the fact that he has come up for them. Now, that's not to say it wasn't said, just that most of us weren't there when it was said. I suspect he may be revisited sometime, but there's also an order they seem to be following. The buffs for LC and Rulk were likely the result of data collected internally. I believe that how low they perform and how long they've been in the game may play a factor. All-in-all, he will probably be revisited IMO. When is a different question.
  • Carnage should be better, in fact he deserves it he overpowered both Venom & Spidey in the comics at some point. So while they made his base attack & health so low they should give him a decent regeneration like X-23 or even OML & make his fury, precision & cruelty buffs better, also a permanent physical resistance AND MORE BLEEDING :)
  • ZzyzxGuyZzyzxGuy Posts: 1,292 ★★★
    His buff limit from mutations needs to be removed and mutations need to be instant.
  • colbyscipio987colbyscipio987 Posts: 1,027 ★★
    He needs a damage increase and critical damage increase.
  • ThatweirdguyThatweirdguy Posts: 675 ★★★
    It isn’t hearsay. We got the statement right from a Dev’s mouth. Seatin or Dave has a video at NYCC where he is interviewing the Dev and he discusses the over correction in nerfing him at release. Also the team intends to fix him. Let’s hope he is one of the next to be fixed. He is so weak and garbage right now sadly.
    It was Dave’s video. Carnage discussions start at around 6:15. https://youtu.be/83D55CvruXs
    It isn’t hearsay. We got the statement right from a Dev’s mouth. Seatin or Dave has a video at NYCC where he is interviewing the Dev and he discusses the over correction in nerfing him at release. Also the team intends to fix him. Let’s hope he is one of the next to be fixed. He is so weak and garbage right now sadly.

I haven't seen the video so I couldn't say it was for sure. I wasn't arguing it. It's been talked about enough. I just hadn't confirmed the actual comment. In any event, there may be other Champs they're working on first. Who knows when they will revise him.
  • BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★
    What if, carnage had the current precision on light, cruelty on heavy, fury on medium, block proficiency and physical resistance going on, but now with his special attacks they enabled the ability to stack the beneficial effects. So sp1 has a ten second mutation and throughout that mutation if he does 2 full combos then a heavy during the ten seconds (MLLLM, MLLLM, parry, heavy) he will get 4 fury buffs, 6 precision buffs, a block proficiency buff and a cruelty buff all stacked up. These will be passive buffs, so that it doesn’t completely get destroyed against mystic dispersion, except mutation buff is not a passive anymore, so at the end of the 10 seconds, when it expires it fuels mystic dispersion.

At the end of each mutation all but one of each of his buffs reset. So in the previous example, after mutation he will have a fury, precision, block proficiency and a cruelty. If he starts a new mutation, the buffs reset completely.

He now has bleed triggered from critical hits, heavy bleed remains the same.

Sig ability- Symbiotic Mutation. after mutation expires, each buff earnt during the mutation has a 10-50% chance based on sig level to remain.
  • SpiritOfVengeanceSpiritOfVengeance Posts: 2,353 ★★★★
    Venom and other older champs first. Carnage is already more likely to get buffed so you can rule him out.
    I don't know if it is being done by class or not. Science was the most garbage class with the fewest good champs until recently. So maybe that class was targeted. If they are going by class with the fewest decent champs I guess Cosmic would be next?
    Never thought of that. Could be by Class. I think it's more related to the internal data and who was performing on the lower end. I think there's a certain amount of time before they buff Champs. Hard to say. I would prioritize older Champs first if it was me. You never know. They could come out next month with a buff for him. I don't worry about it too much. It'll come when it comes.
    Grippies wrote: »
    As others stated, he was made to be way too strong before the actual release, so they nerfed him before release rather than after. Unfortunately, they nerfed him too much...and released him anyways. I agree with the nerf before release, but they should have just delayed him rather than making him too weak, but there's probably financial consideration involved.

My question: if they were fine releasing Blade how he is, how incredible was the pre-release Carnage that they had to nerf him right away?
    Id love to see footage of pre-nerf carnage. Just for curiosity’s sake
    Id love to see footage of pre-nerf carnage. Just for curiosity’s sake
    [/quote]

Agreed. I mean, Blade is pretty incredible and they released him anyways. Could Carnage really have been that much better? That gives me optimism if they ever get around to fixing him. I feel like he could have some similarities to Blade.[/quote]

I just have a gut feeling that his buffs stacked with each hit. Something similar to what I posted above. Could be completely wrong but it’s the only way I feel like it’s something similar to the current carnage, but still god tier. I find it hard to believe that kabam would see carnage being so god tier pre release, and then completely rework his abilities. That’s why I think it’s similar to what he’s like now
  • LocoMotivesLocoMotives Posts: 1,200 ★★★
    As others stated, he was made to be way too strong before the actual release, so they nerfed him before release rather than after. Unfortunately, they nerfed him too much...and released him anyways. I agree with the nerf before release, but they should have just delayed him rather than making him too weak, but there's probably financial consideration involved.

My question: if they were fine releasing Blade how he is, how incredible was the pre-release Carnage that they had to nerf him right away?

Nearly Unstoppable.
    He had no limitation on his stackable buffs and it had more triggers than sp1 and sp2.
    Other things ive seen suggest he even had the same ability as Agent Venom where he could get rid of stuns and status effects.
    Another one was he had more buffs in his pool, Eg;
    Regen, Poison, Evade, Cruelty, Precision, Fury, Armor Up, Armor Break, Physical Resist, Block Proficiency, Bleed, Stun, Power Steal, Enervate and Klyntar Rage all included.
    These were all speculation and I among others have seen to real evidence to support this, but it makes alot of sense to me.

There’s no possible way that he had all those and could control which to activate. Not enough commands in a fight for that, it would’ve had to have been a random draw at that point. And if random, it wouldn’t have been overpowered.
  • DrOctavius2_2DrOctavius2_2 Posts: 432 ★★
    Hoping they release a Carnage and Sentry beta test very soon

Nearly Unstoppable.
    He had no limitation on his stackable buffs and it had more triggers than sp1 and sp2.
    Other things ive seen suggest he even had the same ability as Agent Venom where he could get rid of stuns and status effects.
    Another one was he had more buffs in his pool, Eg;
    Regen, Poison, Evade, Cruelty, Precision, Fury, Armor Up, Armor Break, Physical Resist, Block Proficiency, Bleed, Stun, Power Steal, Enervate and Klyntar Rage all included.
    These were all speculation and I among others have seen to real evidence to support this, but it makes alot of sense to me.

There’s no possible way that he had all those and could control which to activate. Not enough commands in a fight for that, it would’ve had to have been a random draw at that point. And if random, it wouldn’t have been overpowered.

Tell that to scarlet witch