Precision mastery.. 4/5 or 5/5 ?

UncleBen_69UncleBen_69 Member Posts: 28
I was going through some YT videos on some mastery setup and I got a few questions.
1. Why do most people (atleast from what i saw on YT) not max out precision mastery ? I only see they have 4/5
2. I run recoil masteries so I dont run MD, is the extra points worth putting in lesser precision mastery ? (Intention is to max my crit rate)
3. This question is a bit off topic.... Anyone did any comparison of arena grind (like time wise) with and without recoil masteries ? I grind arena with recoil masteries but I really miss spamming SPs which ruins many champs for me.

Comments

• VaniteliaVanitelia Member Posts: 452 ★★★
    Diminishing returns. The value of that last point isn't as significant as putting it in another mastery option.
  • SummonerNRSummonerNR Member, Guardian Posts: 12,340 Guardian

1. Why do most people (atleast from what i saw on YT) not max out precision mastery ? I only see they have 4/5
    2. is the extra points worth putting in lesser precision mastery ? (Intention is to max my crit rate)

Whether you use all 5 in Greater Precision or not, it would NOT make any sense whatsoever to move that extra point over to the LESSER version of it instead.

Some ppl feel that because of dismissing returns (each higher Precision gets you less and less extra benefit, but it *IS* some extra), that it is maybe high enough with just 4, and use the extra point elsewhere (but NOT in lesser).

Interesting whether the same principal then applies to choosing Team with some extra Cruelty or Precision Synergy bonus. Do those synergies then not really do much for you if you’re already at 4 or 5 in Mastery ?
  • jcphillips7jcphillips7 Member Posts: 1,392 ★★★★
    edited June 12
    I always assumed it was Precision 5/5, but Cruelty 4/5 due to the diminishing returns. The mindset being you want big yellow numbers more often, the numbers in yellow not being as important
  • AshyKnucklesAshyKnuckles Member Posts: 167
    Vanitelia said:

Diminishing returns. The value of that last point isn't as significant as putting it in another mastery option.

Only if you care about PI increase/decrease regarding the extra point. Adding the extra point ( 5/5 precision) increases PI significantly.
  • UncleBen_69UncleBen_69 Member Posts: 28
    edited June 13
    Nice, i think i am going to keep precision 5/5 to maximize my PI (for arena)

Btw has anybody done any comparision between recoil vs non recoil in arena ?
    I am thinking if the total time difference is around 10 mins to achieve all the milestones for a given arena then i am going to switch to non recoil masteries.