**KNOWN AW ISSUE**
Please be aware, there is a known issue with Saga badging when observing the AW map.
The team have found the source of the issue and will be updating with our next build.
We apologize for the inconvenience.
Options

Moleman on Vanguard - little damage

Jackie2CokesJackie2Cokes Posts: 203 ★★
Anyone else using Moleman for the Vanguard Raid path and noticing that his damage is awful, even with 15 charges and completing the missions?

Last raid, I brought r5 6* AbsMan and had no issues hitting the max 12% but this round brought r2 7* Moleman assuming his true strike would help out but I'm having problems getting past 7-8% of health and that's just not good

Wondering if anyone else is seeing similar results

Comments

• Options
    ChiliDogChiliDog Posts: 886 ★★★
    edited June 12
    That is the same swap I did, but doing much less damage than AbsM and timing out. I thought it was just me, but others in my alliance had a similar experience.

Except I was switching 6r5 for 6r5. Both ascended
  • Options
    PT_99PT_99 Posts: 3,134 ★★★★★
    "DOT got buffed" was a impressive laid trap from Kabam and many of us fell into it,
    Good thing it will only work 1 time 🙄
  • Options
    BigTuna_2054BigTuna_2054 Posts: 28
    Yes I timed out and only doing 6-8% of the max 12% damage with Moleman. Always used Hulkbuster in prior raids and always reached 12% max cap damage.
  • Options
    PT_99 said:

"DOT got buffed" was a impressive laid trap from Kabam and many of us fell into it,

I'm not even sure I care about the "DOT buff", I mainly brought him for the auto-block counter and would have assumed a 15 charge Moleman would be just as good as AbsMan as long as you keep following the prompts.

I was WAY off.
  • Options
    WinterFieldsWinterFields Posts: 718 ★★★★
    But with Moleman you have to choose between damage and utility. The bulk of his damage comes when in frenzy, which means you lose the auto block counter. How is the damage in frenzy?
  • Options
    jcphillips7jcphillips7 Posts: 1,205 ★★★★
    edited June 12

But with Moleman you have to choose between damage and utility. The bulk of his damage comes when in frenzy, which means you lose the auto block counter. How is the damage in frenzy?

I took in r2 Moleman and both fights I've used him on, I built to Frenzy first and then would just use Unblockable sp2s. I didn't have many charges, so I was never able to see how much damage he could REALLY do, but I did see some big numbers.

There's a guy in my path group that is using r3 Storm and the dude's been pulling our group the whole way before we even get a chance to really fight. But he showed some clips of doing like 4 mil specials, so we agreed he can keep brute forcing them himself lol.
  • Options

It's nothing special. I usually get into frenzy, especially on this 2nd node where knock down is a prompt and with his shrug offs...doesn't seem to do much though in frenzy

Bringing back AbsMan or a new rank up next run.
  • Options
    PT_99 said:

DOT didn’t get buffed across the board, DOT got some new Role Boosts in Assault and Tactician meant to benefit that damage
  • Options
    I'm also thinking its a Guardian issue...since he has 80% bleed resistance at level 200 and +404 crit damage resistance...numbers aren't going to be as big as other bosses
  • Options
    DeaconDeacon Posts: 4,156 ★★★★★
    He's definitely not what I thought he'd be ... I thought he'd be perfect both damage and when you need the autoblock help but nope ... although the damage is acceptable .. it's still not lol. Maybe it's the buff I selected who knows. But I won't be bringing him next Raid.
  • Options
    N8buckeye08N8buckeye08 Posts: 97
    Similar issue with Guardian for BWDO. Alliance mate isn’t able to do much damage due to his high energy resistance. Not many DOT options for that fight.
  • Options
    Gildarts99Gildarts99 Posts: 350 ★★
    Cheelith also not getting past 8%
  • Options
    PT_99PT_99 Posts: 3,134 ★★★★★

I took in r2 Moleman and both fights I've used him on, I built to Frenzy first and then would just use Unblockable sp2s. I didn't have many charges, so I was never able to see how much damage he could REALLY do, but I did see some big numbers.

There's a guy in my path group that is using r3 Storm and the dude's been pulling our group the whole way before we even get a chance to really fight. But he showed some clips of doing like 4 mil specials, so we agreed he can keep brute forcing them himself lol.
    I also used 6r5 Ascended storm last war and did so much carry,
    This one tho, Venom so bad
  • Options
    Herbal_TaxmanHerbal_Taxman Posts: 212 ★★
    It could be something even more general with the defenders / nodes just tuned to be harder. I use Titania (r2) and in past raids she hit the damage cap every time once she had 8 or 10 charges. Against Medusa and Guardian on the left lane, probably didn’t hit the cap more than twice. And those were only Medusa.

Overall it’s tough to tell what’s going on in these fights, with the multiple buff / debuff types, the passives these aren’t familiar with, etc. she’s doing less damage, but it’s hard to diagnose why.