**KNOWN AW ISSUE**
Please be aware, there is a known issue with Saga badging when observing the AW map.
The team have found the source of the issue and will be updating with our next build.
We apologize for the inconvenience.
Options

Ironheart is underpowered and boring. Change my mind.

2»

Comments

• Options
    captain_rogerscaptain_rogers Posts: 5,395 ★★★★★

Supersha7 said:

Am I missing something.?

How does she counter onslaught?

She can’t remove neuroshock because she’s metal
    She can’t prevent crushed - you still get hit with unblockable basic attacks when it’s up, despite supposedly 150% aa reduction.
    She can’t prevent daunted.

That’s most of the annoying stuff that onslaught does. And she can’t handle any of it.

mbrace said:

She’s the only tech that can keep incinerate up indefinitely and therefore can get pauses from the Sentinel relic at all times. Don’t tell me that OS does this, because the incinerates take a while to put on, don’t last long, and are often plasmas instead. As for utility: incinerate and coldsnap immune, reverse controls immune, parries non-contact hits, first medium doesn’t make contact and cannot be evaded (like IMIW), easy heal block with despair, blocks unblockable specials from mutants, reliably counters miss, is very tanky, removes prowess, switches to rupture so that nobody can be fully immune to her, and counters Photon, Korg, Dust, and Onslaught. Combine this with her crazy damage, and she’s a fantastic tech champ.

She actually does counter several of his abilities. However, he's a slightly unique Mutant (like Red Magneto is, too) designed to resist being countered, in return.

To be honest, I'd be surprised to see a full counter to Onslaught very soon.

Ironheart can bypass his Incinerate resistance by switching to Rupture debuffs. Notably, Onslaught has negative physical resistance, so they'll do more damage than usual.

She can't parry him at the start of the match; but once she's got Tracking up (six debuffs) she can Parry freely without collecting Daunted debuffs. So that just needs a little work, but is easy to maintain.

If you need to block his SP1 (and haven't been practicing like crazy to dodge it in SoS), she'll reduce Onslaught's Neuroshocks/Organic Magnetism through block by half (he has 150% chance to Inflict them, which she reduces by 100%, leaving him a 50% chance).

If she blocks a few hits in that way, as long as she's not Daunted, she can Willpower heal from Magnetism debuffs, to offset Neuroshock damage.

As long as she's got Armour (which Onslaught can't remove, except via a Quest node), she can ignore the reversed controls on his SP2.

As for the rest of the utility you can get out of her, here's Simula's video:
    https://youtu.be/FahvcjMwD7Q?si=rtZftz39P7VHdMuu
    She is a great counter for Onslaught but I still think the match up is bugged, she’s supposed to reduce offensive ability accuracy for mutants by 150% which should perfectly shut down onslaughts sp1 but for some reason it doesn’t work that way. I made a post about it but Kabam never responded to it.
    That's the confusing, ongoing circle of the Catch 22 conflict between Magneto, Onslaught, and Ironheart. She is supposed to reduce their abilities, but she's metal and they control metal champs by reducing THEIR abilities.
    I think she is immune to aar against mutants as long as her armor is active
  • Options
    TerminatrixTerminatrix Posts: 1,754 ★★★★★

Supersha7 said:

Am I missing something.?

She can’t prevent crushed - you still get hit with unblockable basic attacks when it’s up, despite supposedly 150% aa reduction.

That’s most of the annoying stuff that onslaught does. And she can’t handle any of it.

mbrace said:

She’s the only tech that can keep incinerate up indefinitely and therefore can get pauses from the Sentinel relic at all times. Don’t tell me that OS does this, because the incinerates take a while to put on, don’t last long, and are often plasmas instead. As for utility: incinerate and coldsnap immune, reverse controls immune, parries non-contact hits, first medium doesn’t make contact and cannot be evaded (like IMIW), easy heal block with despair, blocks unblockable specials from mutants, reliably counters miss, is very tanky, removes prowess, switches to rupture so that nobody can be fully immune to her, and counters Photon, Korg, Dust, and Onslaught. Combine this with her crazy damage, and she’s a fantastic tech champ.

She actually does counter several of his abilities. However, he's a slightly unique Mutant (like Red Magneto is, too) designed to resist being countered, in return.

Ironheart can bypass his Incinerate resistance by switching to Rupture debuffs. Notably, Onslaught has negative physical resistance, so they'll do more damage than usual.

She can't parry him at the start of the match; but once she's got Tracking up (six debuffs) she can Parry freely without collecting Daunted debuffs. So that just needs a little work, but is easy to maintain.

If you need to block his SP1 (and haven't been practicing like crazy to dodge it in SoS), she'll reduce Onslaught's Neuroshocks/Organic Magnetism through block by half (he has 150% chance to Inflict them, which she reduces by 100%, leaving him a 50% chance).

If she blocks a few hits in that way, as long as she's not Daunted, she can Willpower heal from Magnetism debuffs, to offset Neuroshock damage.

As long as she's got Armour (which Onslaught can't remove, except via a Quest node), she can ignore the reversed controls on his SP2.

She is a great counter for Onslaught but I still think the match up is bugged, she’s supposed to reduce offensive ability accuracy for mutants by 150% which should perfectly shut down onslaughts sp1 but for some reason it doesn’t work that way. I made a post about it but Kabam never responded to it.
    That's the confusing, ongoing circle of the Catch 22 conflict between Magneto, Onslaught, and Ironheart. She is supposed to reduce their abilities, but she's metal and they control metal champs by reducing THEIR abilities.
    She is, but she's still metal and they partially cancel some of her abilities. Her immunity to reverse controls and tracking still works, but she won't regen if I remember correctly. Tbh I don't remember. 😂. It's been a long time since I've even had the chance to use her against Onslaught.
  • Options
    MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,533 ★★★★★

Supersha7 said:

Am I missing something.?

mbrace said:

Only her debuffs are immune to AAR.

I think the issue about Ironheart failing to prevent all his debuffs through block is complex, and probably working as intended.

There are other champs who 'should' shut this down too -and they don't...

An ordinary champ picks up 8 Neuroshocks blocking Onslaught's SP1

CapSam with a Bulwark buff (-100% AAR) picks up 3-4 Neuroshocks blocking Onslaught's SP1

Ironheart (-150% AAR) also picks up 3-4 Neuroshocks blocking Onslaught's SP1

Proxima Midnight (-200% AAR) also picks up 3-4 Neuroshocks blocking Onslaught's SP1

So let's have a look at the wording for Onslaught's SP1, which is a bit clunky:

Onslaught doesn't have a basic chance of 150% to inflict his SP1 effects - it's 100%, plus a flat boost of 50%.

I think this is coded specifically to resist ability accuracy reduction. Otherwise it would just be "150% chance".

So, no matter how much you reduce his Offensive Ability Accuracy, he always has at least a 50% chance to inflict his SP1 effects through block.
  • Options
    BeastDadBeastDad Posts: 1,547 ★★★★★
    J0eySn0w said:

mbrace said:

She was on my deck for battlegrounds and she was not cutting it, took her out. I really wish during her balancing, they add an additional or alternative debuff

She has zero BG value, cannot waste a spot for her.

She should have been slightly rebalanced with an easier way to pause her debuffs, or a way to give her more benefits from a relic.
  • Options
    Vegeta9001Vegeta9001 Posts: 1,484 ★★★★
    She certainly isn't "fun" but has her uses for sure, I was lucky (unlucky?) Enough to get and awaken her as a 7* and still trying to play her optimally, she does feel a bit weak. But that's more so the stupid powerful defenders and attackers they've released recently than her being bad.
  • Options
    EdisonLawEdisonLaw Posts: 2,802 ★★★★

Supersha7 said:

Am I missing something.?

mbrace said:

Is this similar to Proxima Midnight’s ability of offensive AAR when blocking?
  • Options
    MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,533 ★★★★★
    EdisonLaw said:

Supersha7 said:

Am I missing something.?

mbrace said:

Yes it is.

See my post above.

Onslaught appears to partially bypass Offensive AAR when blocking, which is an ability possessed by Ironheart, Proxima Midnight and Captain America (Sam Wilson).
  • Options
    Cam97Cam97 Posts: 392 ★★
    I took her to r2 over og iron man which in hindsight was a mistake. But she is not a bad champ at all she has incinerates. And if they are immune to incinerates, you can change to rupture in her pre. Fight (great for bishop) and she put so many debuffs on opponents the despair mastery eliminates regen. She also has a simple and reliable miss counter. Also has 2 immunities and can remove prowess but not the best at it to be honest. I think she can also block unblockable attacks.
  • Options
    ThePredator1001ThePredator1001 Posts: 682 ★★★

Supersha7 said:

Am I missing something.?

mbrace said:

Only her debuffs are immune to AAR.

I think the issue about Ironheart failing to prevent all his debuffs through block is complex, and probably working as intended.

There are other champs who 'should' shut this down too -and they don't...

An ordinary champ picks up 8 Neuroshocks blocking Onslaught's SP1

CapSam with a Bulwark buff (-100% AAR) picks up 3-4 Neuroshocks blocking Onslaught's SP1

Ironheart (-150% AAR) also picks up 3-4 Neuroshocks blocking Onslaught's SP1

Proxima Midnight (-200% AAR) also picks up 3-4 Neuroshocks blocking Onslaught's SP1

So let's have a look at the wording for Onslaught's SP1, which is a bit clunky:

Onslaught doesn't have a basic chance of 150% to inflict his SP1 effects - it's 100%, plus a flat boost of 50%.

I think this is coded specifically to resist ability accuracy reduction. Otherwise it would just be "150% chance".

So, no matter how much you reduce his Offensive Ability Accuracy, he always has at least a 50% chance to inflict his SP1 effects through block.
    Good catch, You’re probably right. I don’t like it and it makes ability accuracy descriptions over complicated and confusing but I guess that’s how the system works.

Reminds me of Cassie Lang rebalance, they thought if they turned her taint to 50% she could reach 86% damage reduction with inequity, but due to how the game system works she could only reach 68%. They didn’t fix that so I doubt they will adjust this interaction either.
  • Options
    edited June 16
    Cam97 said:

I took her to r2 over og iron man which in hindsight was a mistake. But she is not a bad champ at all she has incinerates. And if they are immune to incinerates, you can change to rupture in her pre. Fight (great for bishop) and she put so many debuffs on opponents the despair mastery eliminates regen. She also has a simple and reliable miss counter. Also has 2 immunities and can remove prowess but not the best at it to be honest. I think she can also block unblockable attacks.

She also counters non-contact hits, has 3 immunities (incinerate, coldsnap, reverse controls) and her Sp 3 power drains 100%. Everytime I've used her prowess removal, it's removed all prowess which was very helpful.

And yes she blocks unblockables from mutants.

I think a lot of players are unimpressed by her because she was intended to be an Onslaught counter. Somebody dropped the ball there. But she turned out to be one hell of a Bishop, and other mutants, counter lol
  • Options
    EdisonLawEdisonLaw Posts: 2,802 ★★★★

EdisonLaw said:

Supersha7 said:

Am I missing something.?

mbrace said:

Yes it is.

See my post above.

Onslaught appears to partially bypass Offensive AAR when blocking, which is an ability possessed by Ironheart, Proxima Midnight and Captain America (Sam Wilson).
    Honestly it’s a very strong ability. Stops masochism, bubble shield, hard knock life, kinetic transference, and various champion abilities (Apoc’s stuns through block, BPCW’s stun reflect, Photon can’t go untouchable, etc). I know Proxima also has this because I recently just pulled her as a 6*
  • Options
    UltragamerUltragamer Posts: 457 ★★★
    altavista said:

Please. I can’t pull Bullseye or Onslaught for the life of me, but my Ironheart is like sig 100.

The fact that you want Bullseye (primarily a champion you won’t use but just to place on defense) over Iron Heart (a champion you will use) shows a kind of misplaced priority. Even if someone were to sell you on how good Iron Heart is, it still wont do anything for you since you care just about defense.
    Funny how bullseye used more than iron heart definitely isn’t a coincidence
  • Options

Cam97 said:

She also counters non-contact hits, has 3 immunities (incinerate, coldsnap, reverse controls) and her Sp 3 power drains 100%. Everytime I've used her prowess removal, it's removed all prowess which was very helpful.

I think a lot of players are unimpressed by her because she was intended to be an Onslaught counter. Somebody dropped the ball there. But she turned out to be one hell of a Bishop, and other mutants, counter lol
    As long as you remember to turn on rupture prefight he can still be problematic if you put a ton of incinerates on him lol I've seen videos on YouTube of her destroying some EOP fights.
  • Options
    Cam97 said:

Cam97 said:

As long as you remember to turn on rupture prefight he can still be problematic if you put a ton of incinerates on him lol I've seen videos on YouTube of her destroying some EOP fights.
    I made that mistake before. Forgot to turn on ruptures and it was a disaster 😂
  • Options

Cam97 said:

Cam97 said:

I made that mistake before. Forgot to turn on ruptures and it was a disaster 😂
    Oh yes I only made that mistake once. I got slaughtered
  • Options
    Kasnow1Kasnow1 Posts: 67
    Someone can explain why she takes critical failure against domino during attack ? I only gain armor buff and inflicts repulsor debuffs. Both are unaffected by ability accuracy modification against mutants.

https://youtu.be/MjXglDJB43c?si=dKZQU5wFd6iriHwC
  • Options
    Kasnow1 said:

Someone can explain why she takes critical failure against domino during attack ? I only gain armor buff and inflicts repulsor debuffs. Both are unaffected by ability accuracy modification against mutants.

Yeah that's strange bc you have the armor ups. If they expire though ironheart first 3 light attacks have a 30% chance to gain armor and the 4th light attack is 100%. But if you already have armor ups that shouldn't trigger critical failure
  • Options
    Cam97 said:

Kasnow1 said:

Yeah that's strange bc you have the armor ups. If they expire though ironheart first 3 light attacks have a 30% chance to gain armor and the 4th light attack is 100%. But if you already have armor ups that shouldn't trigger critical failure
    Therefore she isn’t a good domino counter while she should be a decent option. @kabam can you explain this please ?
  • Options
    IggyPopIggyPop Posts: 54
    Kasnow1 said:

Therefore she isn’t a good domino counter while she should be a decent option. @kabam can you explain this please ?

I think the critical failure comes from Suicides? So she (domdom) reduced the chance of you getting that attack boost on special since masteries aren’t native to her (iron<3) abilities? Same way Nimrod would get critical failure if running unfazed and domino evades.
  • Options
    IggyPop said:

Kasnow1 said:

I think the critical failure comes from Suicides? So she (domdom) reduced the chance of you getting that attack boost on special since masteries aren’t native to her (iron<3) abilities? Same way Nimrod would get critical failure if running unfazed and domino evades.</p>
    Maybe but suicides masteries arn’t a chance to make more damage but attack increase. So if we use a boost we have more chance to have critical failure ? It would be strange.
  • Options
    Also her armor up buffs and repulsed debuffs aren't affected by ability accuracy against mutants so it can't be one of those 2 things either. And yes when she can target lock/tracking she can parry non contact attacks and unblockable specials from mutants. So you'd think her kit completely dominates vs domino. Someone smarter than me will know what's going on
  • Options
    DeaconDeacon Posts: 4,152 ★★★★★

she's so vastly underrated it's not even funny ... her Target Lock mechanic alone is bananas. and she passed my FRIGGIN TRIALS to be labeled as such lol