**KNOWN AW ISSUE**
Please be aware, there is a known issue with Saga badging when observing the AW map.
The team have found the source of the issue and will be updating with our next build.
We apologize for the inconvenience.
Options

One of the worst deals I've ever seen

EdisonLawEdisonLaw Posts: 2,804 ★★★★

Like is this even worth it?

Comments

• Options
    WayWorn2525WayWorn2525 Posts: 862 ★★★
    Just trying to squeeze whatever's left of your units b4 July 4th.
  • Options
    iDestroyerZiDestroyerZ Posts: 717 ★★★★
    It's just the classic bait before the july 4th, it happens every year
  • Options
    FrostGiantLordFrostGiantLord Posts: 1,816 ★★★★
    When I saw the Unit price, I thought there was going to be like 200 Dust, and selectors were for T6 Class Catalyst fragments. Now that's a deal worth buying
  • Options
    WardrunaWardruna Posts: 35
    Kabam is trippin with some of the sh*t deals they’re rolling out lately
  • Options
    SammyDeSammyDe Posts: 968 ★★★
    If someone is desperately close to 200 and if they really need to ascend someone, then this is the deal for them. I think about 1-2 out of 100,000? A sale is a sale, you know.
  • Options
    Vegeta9001Vegeta9001 Posts: 1,484 ★★★★
    They've been rating dust that high for a long time now yet they give it out left and right. So it just doesn't track well. If someone buys that more power to them, it'd be foolish, but let em be.
  • Options
    TerminatrixTerminatrix Posts: 1,754 ★★★★★
    edited June 13
    EdisonLaw said:

Like is this even worth it?

Trash offer. It's the usual Kabam tactics of trying to capitalize off of those who just got their new featured 6*'s lol

But if someone is close to topping off their t2 dust, it might work for them.
  • Options
    QueenMcocQueenMcoc Posts: 1,058 ★★★
    Sad about this type of deals , this are 80% not Worth in game
  • Options
    Crys23Crys23 Posts: 775 ★★★★
    This comes out to 4000 units for an ascension. All an ascension does is increase health and attack. It isn't part of title progression, doesn't increase prestige, nothing extra.
    4k units??? I'm not sure it's worth 500units for a full ascension. This offer should've been 150 units not 1500
  • Options
    BringPopcornBringPopcorn Posts: 3,384 ★★★★★
    edited June 13
    So don't buy it, what's the problem?...
    And how can you title it "worst deal" and then ask if it is worthy?...Seems like you are seeking attention at this point.
  • Options
    Khellendros138Khellendros138 Posts: 551 ★★★
    It's one or those, "hope they accidentally click on this" type deals. Lol surely this does not appeal to anyone.
  • Options
    JollyHawkJollyHawk Posts: 584 ★★★

And how can you title it "worst deal" and then ask if it is worthy?...Seems like you are seeking attention at this point.

"Seems like".......
  • Options
    Joker1976Joker1976 Posts: 508 ★★★
    edited June 13

Rather than this deal specifically,..i think the OP is trying to point out a “balance problem”.
    Last 4th of July Kabam “blew it out of the water”, now it feels like everything has slowed to a trickle,.,with scarcity of rank up materials such as tier 4 alpha,..and some of the absurd unit offers featuring 6 star nexus crystals and iso or dust to ascend more 6 star champs.
    I can’t speak for everyone, but i assume most right now would rather focus on their 7 star champs instead of reverting back to 6 stars.
    Nothing wrong with ascension,..but when looking at some of the most worthy candidates, many people already have them or they are available to them as a 7 star.
  • Options
    jcphillips7jcphillips7 Posts: 1,175 ★★★★
    Joker1976 said:

Rather than this deal specifically,..i think the OP is trying to point out a “balance problem”.
    Last 4th of July Kabam “blew it out of the water”, now it feels like everything has slowed to a trickle,.,with scarcity of rank up materials such as tier 4 alpha,..and some of the absurd unit offers featuring 6 star nexus crystals and iso or dust to ascend more 6 star champs.
    Well looks like we might be getting Titan nexus crystals some point soon as per KT's latest video, so, we're back in business boys!
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,365 ★★★★★
    Joker1976 said:

I can’t speak for everyone, but i assume most right now would rather focus on their 7 star champs instead of reverting back to 6 stars.
    Nothing wrong with ascension,..but when looking at some of the most worthy candidates, many people already have them or they are available to them as a 7 star.
    That comparison is unreasonable. Which is part of the problem. People take one of the biggest value sales of the year and use it as the standard for comparing any other value. They're not all meant to stack up to that sale. It's unique.
    Nor is there any big conspiracy to drain Players before that sale. I think that paranoia needs to die a speedy death.
    I will admit I've noticed the high value Kabam has set for Dust, but it's really up to how they want to release it at the end of the day. It's evident they want it to be limited at this point.
  • Options
    Joker1976 said:

Compare last 4th with the new one when it comes... You can't compare 4th of july deals with anything else than 4th of July deals ..
  • Options
    Emilia90 said:

Are you familiar with the poster of this thread? He’s the king of posting random threads lmao
    Is he still Cav though?
  • Options
    GrO_ot78GrO_ot78 Posts: 625 ★★★
    edited June 13
    A bit expensive. Let's do the math. In practice, you get 20% extra in attack/defense, which means an extra rank

They have R4>R5 sags gems for 3000 units, which is significantly cheaper than buying the resources for units.

1/1 T3 or T6 costs 475 units. You need 6 of each for R4>R5, which is 5700 units in the rank-up store as valiant.
    You can't buy T6CC or T5CC for units, so the real value of R4>R5 saga gems is significantly higher.

Here, however, there is an extra rank on top of R5, so if it costs 3000 units for R4>R5... is it unreasonable that it costs 1000 units extra for the next level? Without saga champ restrictions?

So the question becomes, how much does the extra % in defense/attack help you in e.g. BG... to decide tight fights in your favor, and what influence does it have on your rewards?

I wouldn't use 4000 units, but 1500 units for 75 PD2, if it gets you over 200 PD2...it's more tempting.
  • Options
    Joker1976 said:

Yeah that’s what I’m trying to do
  • Options
    Lots of people are agreeing, and I agree, the deal isn’t worth it. There are better places in the game to get ascension dust. Perhaps Kabam should reconsider these deals next time, maybe lower the price down to like 50-150 units, then they may be worth it. Or is Kabam trying to get people to spend a lot of money? Either way.
  • Options
    EdisonLaw said:

Lots of people are agreeing, and I agree, the deal isn’t worth it. There are better places in the game to get ascension dust. Perhaps Kabam should reconsider these deals next time, maybe lower the price down to like 50-150 units, then they may be worth it. Or is Kabam trying to get people to spend a lot of money? Either way.

Welcome to the world, companies trying to make profit? Crazy I know
  • Options
    DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,982 Guardian
    Joker1976 said:

Consistently, and deliberately, and precisely as they teach it in Introduction to How to Monetize Games 101.

And exactly the way I would do it if it was my job. And how the vast majority of players would in fact prefer it to be, if they actually stopped to consider the ramifications of all other possibilities.
  • Options
    Joker1976Joker1976 Posts: 508 ★★★

Joker1976 said:

That comparison is unreasonable. Which is part of the problem. People take one of the biggest value sales of the year and use it as the standard for comparing any other value. They're not all meant to stack up to that sale. It's unique.
    Nor is there any big conspiracy to drain Players before that sale. I think that paranoia needs to die a speedy death.
    I will admit I've noticed the high value Kabam has set for Dust, but it's really up to how they want to release it at the end of the day. It's evident they want it to be limited at this point.
    I can understand where you are coming from but i am not directly trying to compare July 4th deals to the current offers.
    What i am trying to point out is that last 4th of July deals almost everyone agrees “were exceptional “.
    The general consensus is that Kabam over shot on those deals.
    So what happens in that circumstance?
    Slow things down a bit,..pull back..and rebalance by maybe overvaluing some of what they’re offering.
    And maybe not “offering” what most end game players wan’t.
    That’s all i’m saying,..i however do agree with you that there isn’t any big conspiracy by kabam to “drain our units” before 4th of July deals,..as proof from the offer being discussed lol .
    …so maybe i should be grateful,..thanks Kabam 😀
  • Options
    Joker1976 said:

Joker1976 said:

I can understand where you are coming from but i am not directly trying to compare July 4th deals to the current offers.
    What i am trying to point out is that last 4th of July deals almost everyone agrees “were exceptional “.
    The general consensus is that Kabam over shot on those deals.
    So what happens in that circumstance?
    Slow things down a bit,..pull back..and rebalance by maybe overvaluing some of what they’re offering.
    And maybe not “offering” what most end game players wan’t.
    That’s all i’m saying,..i however do agree with you that there isn’t any big conspiracy by kabam to “drain our units” before 4th of July deals,..as proof from the offer being discussed lol .
    …so maybe i should be grateful,..thanks Kabam 😀
    Have you ever thought the idea that the deals might look great due to the ammount of bad deals given previously? Specially the unit ones that are pretty much free?
    First of all before analyzing game deals you have to think of the main idea, they are selling pixels. There is no cost to sell them. Yes there is devs and time used; but its not like they are selling you a potato that took a whole season of harvesting.