**KNOWN AW ISSUE**
Please be aware, there is a known issue with Saga badging when observing the AW map.
The team have found the source of the issue and will be updating with our next build.
We apologize for the inconvenience.
Options

Is it worth taking 6* to rank 5?

Emilia90Emilia90 Posts: 2,423 ★★★★★
I opened another 7* crystal after battlegrounds rewards today only to be greeted with another 20 levels on Emma, and after having the worst luck streak for the last 15 crystals, I was wondering if I should just give up and rank up some 6*

Normally the answer would be a definite no for me (other than with gems) but I plateaued in GC last season because I’m still unable to get some of the most meta champs as 7* (Sunspot, Dani, Mantis, Ham, etc) and it’s getting super frustrating at this point. I gave up on pulling 7* Juggs and pulled the trigger on the 6* which worked out well cause he put in a lot of work last meta

Essentially I have the T6CC but no 7* I really want to take up in most classes at this point. Should I continue to hold off or just rank and ascend some 6*?

Is it worth taking 6* to rank 5? 74 votes

Rank and ascend 6*
81%
BigPoppaCBONESnakeEyes69buffajrFoxhero007captaincushMhd20034Herbal_TaxmanZsirhcZSachhyam257Rayven5220Opandemoniot123459Wu_Bangerz23Ayden_noah1SpadeHunterZuropeixemacacoItsClobberinTimeVABBI2003Dfour24 60 votes
Hold off and wait for 7* champs
17%
AzKicker316Ragnarok13KRANꓘcaptain_rogersKTPrimalJoker1976MDxfriendlyarfDerpyEagleN8buckeye08shield311InfamousPlayerGissy 13 votes
Other
1%
KDoggg2017 1 vote

Comments

• Options
    captain_rogerscaptain_rogers Posts: 5,551 ★★★★★
    rank up 6*s only using rank up gems
  • Options
    ZuroZuro Posts: 2,813 ★★★★★
    Rank and ascend 6*
    I'd say just rank up 6 stars. For example I r5'd and ascended my 6 star juggs a while back and it took me like 5 months to get the 7 star, although in that time that 6 star juggs won me many matches that he wouldn't have if he was still at r4. There is only so much waiting you can do, until the game starts to feel stagnant. I know people are super against ranking up 6 stars with catalysts, but it's not like you can't get more down the line anyways
  • Options
    Zuro said:

I'd say just rank up 6 stars. For example I r5'd and ascended my 6 star juggs a while back and it took me like 5 months to get the 7 star, although in that time that 6 star juggs won me many matches that he wouldn't have if he was still at r4. There is only so much waiting you can do, until the game starts to feel stagnant. I know people are super against ranking up 6 stars with catalysts, but it's not like you can't get more down the line anyways

Thanks for the response! Yeah I agree, the game is getting a little frustrating for me just because the rng isn’t going right. Having a bad luck streak this long really makes you want to spend less time playing because the 7* you worked hard for turns out to be a sig 60 Emma frost lol

I can sit there and pray for a 7* I need or just pull the trigger on the 6* and at least push higher than I would’ve before. Also 100% on that Juggs comment. Once I took him to r5 he was an insta draft and he won me so many matches in the last GC meta
  • Options
    ahmynutsahmynuts Posts: 6,604 ★★★★★
    Emma is slept on way too much
  • Options
    ahmynuts said:

Emma is slept on way too much

I love my Emma and she did a lot for me in X-Magica, but her sig sucks and I’ve pulled her like 3 times from the last 10 or so crystals
  • Options
    GrO_ot78GrO_ot78 Posts: 643 ★★★
    edited June 14
    Rank and ascend 6*
    7R2 is lower than 6R5A, and 7R3 resources are not easily available yet, so it will be 6R5A for me for now, especially if a champ needs a high sig level.

I have 25 6R5, 13 ascended. 2 7R3s and 4 7R2s.

But I don't rank a 6* that I also have as a 7*.
  • Options
    ItsClobberinTimeItsClobberinTime Posts: 4,008 ★★★★★
    Rank and ascend 6*
    Keep ranking up 6* and don't join the meta gremlins lol I just r5 sig 200 Annihilus for the next BGs meta. My thought process is if I already have a big account then why not have fun with rank ups, the game gets kinda boring when you're just sitting there waiting for the right pull while your materials start just start to pile up.
  • Options
    KDoggg2017KDoggg2017 Posts: 1,218 ★★★★
    Other
    Depends. If you get a 7* you like, rank them up.
    If not, rank the best 6*s. This strategy has already worked with your 6* Juggs.
  • Options

Keep ranking up 6* and don't join the meta gremlins lol I just r5 sig 200 Annihilus for the next BGs meta. My thought process is if I already have a big account then why not have fun with rank ups, the game gets kinda boring when you're just sitting there waiting for the right pull while your materials start just start to pile up.

Yeah I think I’m done waiting for the 7* I want. Red Guardian might be my first new rank 5 🙂

Gotta start having fun instead of being disappointed by every pull. Maybe the whole “I invested all my materials and then I finally pull the 7*” will happen to me lol
  • Options
    Ayden_noah1Ayden_noah1 Posts: 1,393 ★★★★
    Rank and ascend 6*
    I had trouble in BG a few months back cause I was waiting to get some good 7 stars to rank up. I decide to pull the trigger and rank up like 3 6 stars to rank 5 and ascended them. Those three made it a lot easier to play BG. I was happy that I did and I pulled a few 7 star since then that I rank up anyways since the resources are getting a little bit easier to acquire. That's the thing in this game, the resources to rank up becomes more readily avaiable over time so not using the resources doesn't make sense if it benefits you now.
  • Options
    Dirty_DozzDirty_Dozz Posts: 368 ★★★
    Rank and ascend 6*
    I say rank 6s, unless you're a whale. Ascended 6R5s are still stronger than 7R2, and 7*s are still "rare" enough that if you hold off and only rank 7*s, your account isn't going to progress at all.
  • Options
    captain_rogerscaptain_rogers Posts: 5,551 ★★★★★
    Emilia90 said:

Yeah I think I’m done waiting for the 7* I want. Red Guardian might be my first new rank 5 🙂

Gotta start having fun instead of being disappointed by every pull. Maybe the whole “I invested all my materials and then I finally pull the 7*” will happen to me lol
    Red guardian is a saga champ so you can use the saga gem from the further higher faster event or whatever it's called.
  • Options
    Nemesis_17Nemesis_17 Posts: 1,371 ★★★★
    Im torn as well, I’ve maxed out some 6* who are 7* such as photon because the sig benefits her a lot, and onslaught as well just so I wouldn’t have to wait on the 7* to have a usable version of him. Bullseye I have at r5 but will wait until his rebalancing before I take him any higher. But past them I haven’t taken anyone who’s available as a 7* past r4.

I have red skull who I’d love to max out but if I pulled him as a 7* I’d instantly want to r3 him. Juggs is another one who I’ve left at r4 since I could pull the 7* any day now. Maybe I should pull the trigger and take them up because even if I get the 7* versions they’ll still be helpful later on.
  • Options
    Rayven5220Rayven5220 Posts: 1,943 ★★★★★
    Rank and ascend 6*
    I still rank 6*'s. I refuse to wait forever in hopes of pulling the 7*.
    I just wanna have fun, rather than watch my resources pile up and finally pull whatever 7* 6 months from now.
  • Options

Emilia90 said:

Red guardian is a saga champ so you can use the saga gem from the further higher faster event or whatever it's called.
    Yeah I was thinking I’d do him rn and use the gem on Ham or Superior Iron Man if his buff is good
  • Options
    SirGamesBondSirGamesBond Posts: 4,483 ★★★★★
    Rank and ascend 6*
    I have a total of 40 t6cc to take any champ directly to r3.
    I have rankup gems rotting in inventory.
    Im holding 3 rank 3s in my inventory, 6 t4a and r3 cosmic gem.

I have a r3 shuri, not my first choice but it was a valiant rankup 7 months ago due to tech r3 gem. She was out of the deck for this nuke meta. I managed M2 somehow with 1 r3 in my deck. And it got banned as it was the only r3.

At this point only my 6*s and a set of 7* r2s are putting in all the work.

But I'll wait for champs available as 7*s.
    I upgraded mostly those 6* who were not available as 7* at that time. Also upgraded some for their sigs.

This is a short term loss but a long term gain. Idk what it is in the end. Just coping. My crystals have been dupes and trash.

Just duped a 7*, nukiest OP OG spider man after BG rewards. Will open 1 more crystal after current raid ends. Have enough to open a Titan in 4 days.
    Sure gonna pull Luke Cage, thing or more sigs on midstroyer.
    My two real rankups which I did without even blinking in last 5-7 months have been an R2 titty in February and R2 redskull last month.
    I don't have domino sunspot warlock sassy mantis kush pig photon silk onslught bullseye etc the list is quiet long. But I have juggs tho.
    #Rant over.

I have a feeling that you are still at a place where you can upgrade 'certain' 6* and they will be a massive help. Just assuming it as I'm also one of those who have ranked 6* defenders and attackers for every meta.
    I have plans to upgrade more 6* for the upcoming meta. And most of my 7* who need dupe for defence are unduped while I dupe all useless or alredy duped champs again and again.
    I still won't (most probably wont) upgrade the 6*s available as 7*s. Still on the edge to upgrade bullseye or serpent, don't have both even as 6*s atm.

Some 6*s I r5d in the past months are;
    Photon, Tigra, Cgr, Longshot, Mephisto, wolf(cope), Red guardian, Jessica, Galan, and Sinister, these are all ascended.
    Non Ascended r5s are Thing, Onslaught and I even r5d the middest champ of them all, baron zemidmo for defense in that xmagica BG meta.
    Already had some other usual suspect of op tier 6*s upgraded like fury hulkling scorp fam kate and what not, those are all ascended aswell.

You'll be fine with some rankups, pull the trigger on some you know you'll get a use out of.
  • Options
    ItsClobberinTimeItsClobberinTime Posts: 4,008 ★★★★★
    Rank and ascend 6*
    Emilia90 said:

YESSSS RED GOAT DO IT!

Reverse psychology has worked pretty well for me so far lol.
  • Options
    Wu_Bangerz23Wu_Bangerz23 Posts: 886 ★★★
    Rank and ascend 6*
    Rank top of the game 6 stars with no 7 stars in sight (Herc, Hulkling, doom, kingpin, fury?, AA, Torch, Scorpion) .....if they even have a 7 star I can't bring myself to go higher than 6r4.....6r5 resources are still way too pricey
  • Options
    Herbal_TaxmanHerbal_Taxman Posts: 212 ★★
    edited June 15
    Rank and ascend 6*
    If it’s a champ you’re going to use extensively, definitely worth ranking and ascending six stars. The rank-up resources always seem super precious, and before we know it, t6cc will be falling out of the sky. Live for today, boss.
  • Options
    OldManHopOldManHop Posts: 251 ★★★
    edited June 15
    Rank and ascend 6*
    I just did my first r5 with Dr. Doom... no regrets. By the time I get the T6CC's for worthy 7* rankups, I'll have most of those catalysts back anyway.
  • Options
    AzKicker316AzKicker316 Posts: 2,334 ★★★★★
    Rank who you enjoy playing.
    For me, I will take 6s to r4 and ascend. Then only r5 with a gem. That way I can save the rarer materials for 7r2s and above