If the titan pool is going to be so meh, we need more opportunities to open them

TP33TP33 Member Posts: 1,676 ★★★★★
Look I get that we can’t just create a crystal with 100% broken op new champions which define the meta. Most of the newer champions are pretty good but champs like Blade, Thing? Really? These guys get to be 7*s more than Valkyrie, Galan, Cassie Lang, Apoc? Those are the calibre of champions that should be going into these titans if they are to be so rare.

It still takes most players multiple months to get these crystals, even with spending they are still some of the hardest to obtain items in the game, so why can they be so bad? I mean it must suck to spend a total equivalent of nearly £500 just to get a 7* blade right?

End of the day if you want to make the titan a crystal which you can miss on, you gotta be giving them out more than once every few months

Comments

• N8buckeye08N8buckeye08 Member Posts: 127
    I think it would be crazy if they treated it like the Disney vault. The top tier champs don’t go to basic… they go into the vault and won’t go back to Titan crystal for a while. If you want a 7 star Dr Doom, you’ve got a short window to pull him. No luck or didn’t get enough Titans… you’re gonna have to wait a LONG time to see him again.
  • Nemesis_17Nemesis_17 Member Posts: 2,143 ★★★★★

Maybe a weird way to look at it, but I’m kind of glad the titan is so meh these days, I have such low expectations when opening one of them that I don’t feel that disappointed if it’s not a great pull. I care more about basics now, and I get to open those fairly often, so instead of stressing about the titans I just stop caring about them and focus on basics.

Obviously this is not what kabam was trying to accomplish, but with the combination of new champs being meh and them already introducing most of the titan worthy but not op 7 stars, it’s hard for the titan to look good.

But when everyone else pulls a 7* onslaught or bullseye or dust and you end up with blade or thing, You'll definitely get frustrated, and has a huge disadvantage in battlegrounds
    Statistically speaking it’d be impossible for literally everyone to get something good except you, but I get what you’re saying. The basic also has some top battlegrounds options without a lot of the duds, which is why I say I focus on those more. Sure if you were chasing specifically onslaught or serpent etc then you’d be disappointed when you don’t get them, but even if the titan were good the odds of getting those 2 specific champs would be no higher. Plus those champs will inevitably move to the basic anyway.
  • jcphillips7jcphillips7 Member Posts: 1,381 ★★★★
    edited June 16
    I think they know this, and they know it’s going to take something really nice to draw in money for this upcoming July 4th (7* WPX is alright, but a ton already ascended their 6*) given the issues the game’s had, which is why I think that supposed dataleak they had about nexus Titans will be a thing. Sure, that’s got the chance to be 3 duds, but someone might feel a bit better about dropping that $500 when they get 3 champ opportunities from the crystal than 1… and there may be multiple of those nexus you can acquire.
  • Vance2_jrVance2_jr Member Posts: 733 ★★★
    My last 5 titans have been two Kushala, two dusts and one blade, so… I like those odds.
  • PandingoPandingo Member Posts: 1,030 ★★★★
    Idk if you've noticed but the tri monthly 'spend' events are where they introduce quality 7* versions of previous champs. I truly think the titan crystal is designed to just be for new champs and to introduced meh or high sig need champs. The new champs justify the crystal. The meh champs are the risk. I don't expect it to change. Financially it makes sense to me. End of the day don't get excited about titans. Just consider them a 'bonus' crystal. I have little to no.expectations from them. And I've been pretty thrilled since jabari rotated out
  • Wu_Bangerz23Wu_Bangerz23 Member Posts: 993 ★★★
    Polygon said:

Im not looking forward at all to the next Titan

Again on about my son.....poor kid saw the pool and wanted to cry. I mean there are some great champs but there are like 6-7 champs he would never use unless he had sig 100+ min.....he has 19,800 shards .....
  • EdisonLawEdisonLaw Member Posts: 6,086 ★★★★★
    7 star Apoc would be my dream come true
  • PolygonPolygon Member Posts: 4,343 ★★★★★

Polygon said:

Im not looking forward at all to the next Titan

Again on about my son.....poor kid saw the pool and wanted to cry. I mean there are some great champs but there are like 6-7 champs he would never use unless he had sig 100+ min.....he has 19,800 shards .....
    I would encourage him to wait for the one after the next, that will have Arcade. Hopefully we don't see champs like Nova, Symbiote Supreme in that one.
  • GrO_ot78GrO_ot78 Member Posts: 688 ★★★
    Zuro said:

GrO_ot78 said:

My first and ever Titan was Bullseye, straight to R3, soooo i think they are fine…🤭😂🤣

Can't wait till you pull blade out the next one
    Nah…gonna dupe my R3 Bullseye 🤩
  • Real_Madrid_76_2Real_Madrid_76_2 Member Posts: 3,547 ★★★★★
    I agree with OP. I opened Luke, Colossus and CB. CB and Colossus require dupe or full synergy team to be very good, and i don't need to mention about Luke. A crystal being very rare, only to reward is with something trash, is simply garbage. Not saying them to give one crystal every month. But then at least make it more frequent and/or make the pool much better