**KNOWN AW ISSUE**
Please be aware, there is a known issue with Saga badging when observing the AW map.
The team have found the source of the issue and will be updating with our next build.
We apologize for the inconvenience.
Options

Mcoc webstore PayPal oddity/being hacked?

mmartin5817mmartin5817 Posts: 84
edited April 7 in Bugs and Known Issues
I use exclusively PayPal when in the mcoc webstore. When I use PayPal in the mcoc webstore I sometimes get to the selection screen to select PayPal as my form of payment and a zip code that isn’t my own is already entered. I ALWAYS turn the *save for later/ remember my zip code check box off. I do this because I’m afraid of being hacked ever since I noticed this oddity a while back. I’m confused at why when I go enter my zipcode why there is already one entered that is incorrect. It changes and sometimes it’s blank. But it really makes me nervous to use the webstore if it’s not secure and someone is attempting to use my PayPal account thru the mcoc web store. I don’t really use PayPal for anything else really so I know the mcoc webstore is the source. I haven’t had an issues with payments or fraud on my bank account yet, but who is randomly entering my zip code and saving it for me to see when I make my next purchase on the webstore??? Is it being hacked? Or is that X company that manages transactions responsible?

Comments

• Options
    ahmynutsahmynuts Posts: 6,671 ★★★★★
    Sounds like something you should take up with Xsolla if it really concerns you that much
  • Options
    Still being hacked. Kabam didn’t fix it. Everytime I login and pay I see a different zip code entered. It’d be nice to know my webstore account is secure. Thanks.
  • Options
    SummonerNRSummonerNR Posts: 11,380 Guardian
    I wonder if the issue is NOT that your browser has saved Cache data (or saved Address, Password, etc) data for that website.

But rather that it is going by LOCATION INFO, for where the browser thinks you are (and thus a zip code) based on your IP Address or Server Connection point ?

Similar to when you go to a Store's website, and it automatically shows you a “current store” which is NOT actually the closest store location to you.
    Or going to a Maps website, and (without you giving it any info at all), it will initially load with you being in some town that may be 20 miles away from where you actually are.

My browser will often pull up a “location” for me that is 10 to 20 miles (maybe more) away.
    I do Not use VPN, it is just that the IP server hub (insert correct technical terms here..) or whatever is telling that Store's website where it thinks I may be located at.
    And often times this is even in a PRIVATE SESSION of the browser (but even if it weren’t, I have NOT saved any cookies for that website, nor saved any person info for that either).

And THUS, an incorrect (semi-nearby) ZIP CODE gets pulled up as a default location.
    And if you do use a VPN, then it could be assuming some location for you that may be nowhere near you at all.
  • Options
    That may be the case. I’m not sure. It shouldn’t know my location, but maybe some third party is relaying that info to them. I also had been clearing my browsing history because prime gaming didn’t work without it, but now prime gaming is no more I haven’t done it in a while. Maybe I’ll clear my history and see if that solves it.
  • Options
    SummonerNRSummonerNR Posts: 11,380 Guardian
    Websites can get access to your location in the same manner that cellphone info can gather what cell tower you were “pinged” at and communicating thru.

Your internet service provider can still provide some level of location, even if just by that internet service provider's location themself (and not your location specifically, or anything to do with cache or history).
    Even with “incognito” or “private” browsing.
  • Options
    CaptainaidenCaptainaiden Posts: 850 ★★★

Still being hacked. Kabam didn’t fix it. Everytime I login and pay I see a different zip code entered. It’d be nice to know my webstore account is secure. Thanks.

actually is not kabam apps/web, it's xsolla, kabam just use their service, but you can do ticket to kabam if you concerns