**KNOWN AW ISSUE**
Please be aware, there is a known issue with Saga badging when observing the AW map.
The team have found the source of the issue and will be updating with our next build.
We apologize for the inconvenience.
Options

Do you play Battlegrounds for fun or just for the rewards tied to it?

Do you play Battlegrounds for fun or just for the rewards tied to it? 272 votes

Fun
4% 11 votes
Rewards
58% 159 votes
Both
37% 102 votes

Comments

• Options
    Nemesis_17Nemesis_17 Posts: 1,346 ★★★★
    Both if I like the meta, just for the rewards if not. Though usually if I don’t like the meta I just won’t play much unless there’s some more special rewards available.
  • Options
    Little_Crocodili29Little_Crocodili29 Posts: 287 ★★★
    Now that the medal system has been fixed, both!
  • Options
    MarvelSPMAN14MarvelSPMAN14 Posts: 156 ★★
    Depends on the meta this one has already been pretty boring mainly because it solely relies on the strongest champs imo I like the more technical seasons
  • Options
    Greed_ExodusGreed_Exodus Posts: 261 ★★★
    Just the rewards at this point, every match to me feels repetitive and boring, onslaught, bullseye and serpent are usually my 3 bans, I have none of these characters and 99% of the people I go up against do,, so it’s a uphill battle for some measly tokens every couple days, I have made it to the circuit every season since BGs released not for lack of hundreds of units wasted on shields, and yeah this new system 2 tokens win one loses and a full 7* and half a titan in the milestones is a very nice and appreciated change, but still back to the original point, it feels repetitive and mundane for the actual gameplay aspect for me.
  • Options
    SnizzbarSnizzbar Posts: 2,154 ★★★★★
    Neither 🤷‍♂️
  • Options
    QueenMcocQueenMcoc Posts: 1,091 ★★★
    Honestly
    for only rewards
  • Options
    JT_SupremeJT_Supreme Posts: 1,021 ★★★★
    It’s fun when you’re winning!
  • Options
    winterthurwinterthur Posts: 7,966 ★★★★★
    Fun to try not being KO when outclassed.
  • Options
    TerminatrixTerminatrix Posts: 1,788 ★★★★★

I play mainly for fun. It's non-competitive for me, but I still like to see what certain champs can do in the metas, get to Vibranium whenever I get there, and get the rewards that come along the way.
  • Options
    shield311shield311 Posts: 379 ★★
    fun when doing friendly challenges with friends otherwise rewards
  • Options
    BendyBendy Posts: 4,243 ★★★★★
    I like fun i like fighting fun stuff trying things seeing interactions
  • Options
    PriyabrataPriyabrata Posts: 1,130 ★★★★
    Rewards mostly cause let's be honest BGs takes a very long time to be set-up and I don't fudge with that.
    But I'm not much into alliance stuff and after I'm done with everything for the month there's only BGs left so I play some matches out of boredom
  • Options
    Yuvraj_267Yuvraj_267 Posts: 310
    Mainly for fun but rewards are also useful for me.
  • Options
    Rudolph_RaindeerRudolph_Raindeer Posts: 290 ★★★
    Unfortunately BGs have some of the best rewards in the game, so it is not an option to skip it, if you want to progress your account / be in a decent alliance.
  • Options
    Chuck_FinleyChuck_Finley Posts: 939 ★★★★★
    edited June 25
    Rewards… fun when you win - not when you lose. There are times I lose and keep on playing, and that’s where I felt like I just played poorly. That sort of motivates me to keep at it.

But I find myself walking away for 24 hours when you lose to huge rosters time and again that you simply can’t counter. Or maybe you can but the draft options just go all wrong. Then you go through the fights just in case, lose 10 minutes of your life, a medal, and there’s really no self evaluation worthwhile. It’s part of the mode - I get it- but there’s no fun in it at all at that point.
  • Options
    JeancrbJeancrb Posts: 202 ★★
    I love it, my favorite mode in the game! And the rewards are just extra
  • Options
    OldManHopOldManHop Posts: 238 ★★
    It's not even fun when I'm winning. I'd rather get a root canal.
  • Options
    EddieVanWEddieVanW Posts: 9
    I’m only playing this META because of the extra 10k Titan shards. Otherwise, I’m not playing BGs at all. To me, the normal rewards aren’t worth the time and effort it takes to get them.
  • Options
    captain_rogerscaptain_rogers Posts: 5,474 ★★★★★
    I mean, for a valiant player, Except bgs and high tier war, everything else is just mindlessly hitting opponent without any strategy or technique. The only challenging content is bgs and war, so obviously it would be more fun.

• Options
    BigBlueOxBigBlueOx Posts: 1,640 ★★★★★
    I used to really enjoy this game mode… but these days it’s simply an exercise in collecting rewards. New defenders with cheap feeling mechanics are everywhere, AI is terrible, bugs are worse than ever with lag, input drops and misleading frames… it’s probably the worst performing mode in the game and it’s been outright neglected for months on months.
  • Options
    peixemacacopeixemacaco Posts: 1,618 ★★★
    Both.

What Im seeing on some BG threads is that everybody is waiting on lower levels to get that Magnetron Crystal haha

So, Kabam plans to reach GC quick was frustrated.

Valiants and Paragons losing on purpose
  • Options
    Emilia90Emilia90 Posts: 2,373 ★★★★★
    It’s fun and there’s good rewards. Nothing else for me to do in game rn anyway lol
  • Options
    EdisonLawEdisonLaw Posts: 2,844 ★★★★
    Both
  • Options
    WeaponX2112WeaponX2112 Posts: 30
    Both, but by the end of each season, the grind kinda saps the fun for me and I'm just playing for milestones even after I reached GC.
  • Options
    NojokejaymNojokejaym Posts: 3,948 ★★★★★
    Because my alliance requires 100k points, if they didn’t require that I wouldn’t play Bgs.
  • Options
    Rayven5220Rayven5220 Posts: 1,934 ★★★★★
    I like strategy. I like rewards.
    It works for me.
    These nuke metas are boring, though.
  • Options
    ItsClobberinTimeItsClobberinTime Posts: 3,985 ★★★★★
    Both, rewards are nice, I like playing against other people and the whole drafting process a lot of strategy and RNG involved, and also every other game mode is boring for me so 💀
  • Options
    MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,544 ★★★★★
    Fun?

Battlegrounds?

Fun?