The AI is skipping frames

iDestroyerZiDestroyerZ Member Posts: 728 ★★★★
This is why we complain about the AI, when i was fighting photon i thought ''maybe i was too slow and she was able to recover and then block'' but looking at the video in slow motion, that's not what happened...she was still in the dash back animation and then in a millisec she was able to block without the stand up animation, yes i did solo the fight but only because i was lucky that i only took 2 hits before that sp1, otherwise i would've died in a very close war at the time, here's the full fight video in normal speed:
https://youtube.com/watch?v=f9_69CF9KhE
Here's the slow motion gif of the parry:

What the AI did is simply not possible, i actually tried to recreate that like dashing back and pressing block as fast as i could and everytime my character did the stand up animation before he could block, i even tried to do that against the wall cause i was like ''if my dash is shorter in distance then i might be able to do it'' but nop, seems like a skipping frame situation, here's the frame 1:

And the frame 2:

I can see that happening in the new EOP and it's horrible because you will die not because you failed but because the AI skipped a frame to counter you in a way that it shouldn't
I tried to be very thorough in this post so kabam and you guys can see all the details and hopefully fix this

Comments

• iDestroyerZiDestroyerZ Member Posts: 728 ★★★★

Great catch!! And very informative. The AI skipping the frame and immediately counter blcoking happened to me a lot!

And in another fight, I somehow got hit while standing clear of AbsMan wrecking ball 😅😭

https://youtu.be/MFa18Xiqmgo?si=9QlHLUp0J_NsfFLM

https://youtu.be/zESii2drF10?si=O4L2S3qqTtxIS8ES

That's so messed up lmao @Kabam Miike @Kabam Jax can we get a word of this?

Happening alot with me as well in all game modes

Yeah and i think it already affected EOP, sometimes when i'm using sandman the AI like escapes from the root in a very weird way
    BigBlueOx said:

Absolutely love that you caught this. 100% agree, have had this happen so many times. It’s actually made high stress content unenjoyable, I can handle making a **** mistake but stuff like this just feels cheap.

I agree, it's way too frustrating to lose some fight when you did everything right and the AI just do something that it shouldn't, especially if it's a high tier content like this new eop
  • DeremusDeremus Member Posts: 150 ★★
    Guess they're not going to respond
  • Grub88Grub88 Member Posts: 342 ★★
    Yeah got parried in battlegrounds today with the exact same situation but whenever you swipe back and the AI dash attacks you there is no chance you can block it. Seems fair
  • IRQIRQ Member Posts: 323 ★★

and of course kabam is ignoring the thread as well

In all honesty I prefer that to literal years of lying to us by omission. "WE HAVEN'T UPDATED AI GUYS, WE SWEAR! It updated itself but we're not telling it out loud. Communication and total transparence as always btw".

Frankly, I can't say if the mistakes I'm making recently are more this or botched input. I can hold my finger the exact same place, unmoving, for 5 seconds to block a special and my character randomly does a medium dash in the middle anyway.
  • Thokk150Thokk150 Member Posts: 89
    Happened to me in war today, apparently now you can't go in after an sp1 from shocker because he always parries without fail, when before he just blocked, and in my case he did this with a 100% accuracy
  • BigBlueOxBigBlueOx Member Posts: 2,068 ★★★★★
    edited February 15
    Just checking in on this thread to see if there’s been any updates. It really feels like this type of skipping of animations/frames seems tied to so many issues like throwing specials while still stunned for example.

Apparently the AI is able to enter bullet time where we can no longer trust our eyes or the icons on the screen.
  • Fit_Fun9329Fit_Fun9329 Member Posts: 2,100 ★★★★★

It’s weekend, let it sink a bit, they will respond probably later.

Amazing catch and this is probably one of the root causes why we think AI changed. Will definitely follow this thread here

Apparently I was wrong. They did not acknowledged it
  • DrZolaDrZola Member Posts: 8,926 ★★★★★
    edited February 15
    I wonder if this is part of the lag spike and/or striker not firing issue—almost as if the input from the Summoner falls *between the frames.* Many of my issues seem to occur while the game appears to have difficulty re seeing frames smoothly.

Dr. Zola
  • BasNLBasNL Member Posts: 64
    Great catch! Also what Zola mentioned. And yes it happens all the time with me. Also when I dex the defender seems to be able to "skip" some frames to get closer than they should.
  • DrZedicusDrZedicus Member Posts: 19
    I thought I was just playing worse because of burnout, but knowing this is happening to everyone makes me feel less trash lmao

This should 100% be at the top of the bugfix priority list.
  • Skydad23Skydad23 Member Posts: 556 ★★★
    Still no response from the team? This is actually getting much worse. I thought it was bad earlier this week, but the last couple days are worse and make this much more concerning.
  • Skydad23Skydad23 Member Posts: 556 ★★★
    BasNL said:

Great catch! Also what Zola mentioned. And yes it happens all the time with me. Also when I dex the defender seems to be able to "skip" some frames to get closer than they should.

This is the one I’m seeing more and more
  • BigBlueOxBigBlueOx Member Posts: 2,068 ★★★★★
    BasNL said:

This is constant now
  • LONERANGER_141LONERANGER_141 Member Posts: 54
    @iDestroyerZ Bumping this thread to remind kabam. Map 4 AQ is doing some matrix level bs. Even with overpowered champs for map 4 i get KOed quite easy by those kung fu ultron bolts.

Playing with white tiger is a nightmare as the AI either dexes or straight up intercepts. How are you supposed to utilize a character when the AI just gimps its kit by unlocking ultra instinct. Sekiro seems less stressfull than fighting these ultron bots.

The rest of the map seems pretty normal as I can almost finish without even getting hit on block. Do class relationships influence ai ? Because the cosmic defenders behave like they were just born whille the ultron bots channel the force to intercept my intercepts.
  • LONERANGER_141LONERANGER_141 Member Posts: 54
    Any updates? I guess not