Thoughts on Annihilus as the next SoS boss?

2»

Comments

• smdam38smdam38 Member Posts: 1,284 ★★★
    I think it’s 4 for sp2. Spaced equally. Back. Back. Back. Back.
  • AzKicker316AzKicker316 Member Posts: 2,390 ★★★★★
    I'm not looking forward to this fight. He's always a pain for me. I can evade his sp1, but for some reason he always gets me with sp2.
  • N8buckeye08N8buckeye08 Member Posts: 127
    Anybody have an Annihilus duel target or fairly vanilla quest version to practice against?

I always struggle against him and think it might help to practice the next two weeks to get how to handle him without the SOS nodes
  • DerpyEagleDerpyEagle Member Posts: 583 ★★★

Chum the waters

NO RETREAT 🗣️
    NO SURRENDER!
  • Chuck_FinleyChuck_Finley Member Posts: 1,097 ★★★★★
    My prediction -

Complaints and loathing followed by a few solo declarations declaring eternal love for the fight.

Then 2 weeks of irreconcilable differences between these two groups.
  • tnair2015tnair2015 Member Posts: 116
    Imagine Annihilus with same nodes as Dani and during SP2, dex is turned off and its unblockable and cannot be missed , plus immune to slow , nullify, fate seal, stagger and AAR
  • Real_Madrid_76_2Real_Madrid_76_2 Member Posts: 3,547 ★★★★★
    He'll probably have Chum the Waters or any other taunt node, and high chances of him having Empyreal defence too
  • PriyabrataPriyabrata Member Posts: 1,232 ★★★★

Unpopular opinion, I'm more worried about this guy than I was about Onslaught:
    1. You bet they're gonna shut down both Magnetos Juggs and Abs Man.
    2. Unlike Onslaught, the nodes might actually be hard, not crazy hard but definitely not useless like Onslaught's nodes.

I wish I could disagree but I'm certain you're correct.
    Since Annihilus isn't considered an A list defender in the current meta, they'll definitely put some hellish nodes on him. That combined with my inability to Dex his sp1 is giving me an intense feeling of impending doom.
  • captain_rogerscaptain_rogers Member Posts: 7,892 ★★★★★

2. Unlike Onslaught, the nodes might actually be hard, not crazy hard but definitely not useless like Onslaught's nodes.

Just put nullify/neutralize/slow immunity to him, that's enough to make it a revive fest.
  • Zephyre33Zephyre33 Member Posts: 180
    Chavez might be of useful if they decide to ban other mystics like doom abs man and juggs
  • ItsClobberinTimeItsClobberinTime Member Posts: 5,369 ★★★★★

I wish I could disagree but I'm certain you're correct.
    Since Annihilus isn't considered an A list defender in the current meta, they'll definitely put some hellish nodes on him. That combined with my inability to Dex his sp1 is giving me an intense feeling of impending doom.
    You and me both, I still can't get that sp1 timing right 50% of the time and idk if it's spacing or timing but I just get clipped by the second hit right before the blast.
  • GrO_ot78GrO_ot78 Member Posts: 688 ★★★
    As long as we get to use Angela, it should be fine 🥳
    GrO_ot78 said:

Why Angela?
  • Potatoslice500Potatoslice500 Member Posts: 270 ★★
    Gonna be brutal, that's my take
  • MrSakuragiMrSakuragi Member Posts: 4,834 ★★★★★
    GrO_ot78 said:

Probably have an objective where you need to use size XL and Guardian of the Galaxy
    edited June 15

GrO_ot78 said:

Probably have an objective where you need to use size XL and Guardian of the Galaxy
    Why so specific lol?
  • captain_rogerscaptain_rogers Member Posts: 7,892 ★★★★★

GrO_ot78 said:

Why so specific lol?
    I think the only champ qualifies is Groot lol. That's why
  • MrSakuragiMrSakuragi Member Posts: 4,834 ★★★★★

GrO_ot78 said:

Why so specific lol?
    I think the only champ qualifies is Groot lol. That's why
    Yes exactly 😉
  • EgyptOverseerEgyptOverseer Member Posts: 325
    smdam38 said:

It seems like they trying to get us to learn how to dex these.
    And I’m ok with it.
    How many players can now dex OnSlaught SP1 because of this.

I don't think the problem is the dexing, but instead the rod and the unstoppable.
  • FrydayFryday Member Posts: 955 ★★★★
    Ok here we go, the count down begin.

An hour for the phone/tablet to rest before the storm to come and destroy all we know and love 🤣🤣🤣
  • GlassbackGlassback Member Posts: 570 ★★★
    If we made it through onslaught, we can do bugman
  • RiderofHellRiderofHell Member Posts: 4,608 ★★★★★
    Don't forget we will have 21 days to beat him before gauntlet. Plenty of time to cry and rage. 😂
  • N8buckeye08N8buckeye08 Member Posts: 127

Don't forget we will have 21 days to beat him before gauntlet. Plenty of time to cry and rage. 😂

Why 21 days and not 14?
  • RiderofHellRiderofHell Member Posts: 4,608 ★★★★★

Why 21 days and not 14?
    It shows 13 days. But the Livestream said week 4 will be 6/26 to 7/21 and that isn't really 14 days lol
  • MagrailothosMagrailothos Member Posts: 5,825 ★★★★★
    edited June 26
    The nodes don't contain anything that looks too bad...

These are the main ones, plus immunity to Armour Break and a permanent heal block effect.

Not too many choices for Cosmic+DoT, but Gorr will be great since he can ignore the Heal Block node, and Willpower the whole fight - as long as he only takes that damage burst once, for triggering an immunity.