**KNOWN AW ISSUE**
Please be aware, there is a known issue with Saga badging when observing the AW map.
The team have found the source of the issue and will be updating with our next build.
We apologize for the inconvenience.
Options

BG timer points calculation issue?

e_BULKe_BULK Posts: 26
Hi all.

I just wanted to ask you if what I am experiencing with the BG timer is common or not. Currently I am having issues with the start of the fights, leading to the fights not loading until the timer is at 1:45 to 1:30. For me that is not that rare (although I had never experienced something as a 30 seconds deoletion before) considering my device is old at this point. However, I have noticed recently that the time spent loading is actually counting towards the timer score of the match.

I don't really know if this has always been like that or when it changed in case it did, because I have been out of BG for some time; but I don't remember it happening previously.

Have you experienced this before? Do you know if it is intended? Because it is definitely annoying.

Thank you in advance.

Comments

• Options
    SummonerNRSummonerNR Posts: 11,374 Guardian
    It has always worked that way, since the timer really starts going (server side ?) even though your device has not actually begun the fight yet.
    Especially evident if you say when your fight begins the time is already at 1:45’ish.
    That lost time does indeed count against you.

——
    However, I was recently doing some calculations using people's provided screenshots up here.
    (In relation to the change from TIME being based on a max of 15,000 down to now being a max of 10,000 points. And seeing how rounding now came into play for TIME points when added up for actual Win/Loss calc)

And while previously it seemed like you could exactly calculate the Time Points, using the full (theoretical) max of 120 secs, minus your listed Fight Duration, in the calculation.

But now it seems like that doesn’t work.
    And instead seems to use a number close to 117 or 118 seconds (Max), but NOT exactly either, in its calculation.
    And that the exact “Max” used seemed to be slightly different for different pic examples too.

Whether or not the Duration time is maybe being internally timed as a fractional second number now, might potentially be affecting a different “Max” from the calculation. (But wouldn’t be affecting the fact it doesn’t seem to be using 120 in the calc anymore)
  • Options
    e_BULKe_BULK Posts: 26
    It has always worked that way, since the timer really starts going (server side ?) even though your device has not actually begun the fight yet.
    Especially evident if you say when your fight begins the time is already at 1:45’ish.
    That lost time does indeed count against you.

Alright, then this season is going to be super rough, no more sub 30 seconds fights for me. Thank you for confirming.

However, I was recently doing some calculations using people's provided screenshots up here.
    (In relation to the change from TIME being based on a max of 15,000 down to now being a max of 10,000 points. And seeing how rounding now came into play for TIME points when added up for actual Win/Loss calc)

And while previously it seemed like you could exactly calculate the Time Points, using the full (theoretical) max of 120 secs, minus your listed Fight Duration, in the calculation.

But now it seems like that doesn’t work.
    And instead seems to use a number close to 117 or 118 seconds (Max), but NOT exactly either, in its calculation.
    And that the exact “Max” used seemed to be slightly different for different pic examples too.

Whether or not the Duration time is maybe being internally timed as a fractional second number now, might potentially be affecting a different “Max” from the calculation. (But wouldn’t be affecting the fact it doesn’t seem to be using 120 in the calc anymore)

That is interesting.
  • Options
    TheXunknownTheXunknown Posts: 14
    e_BULK said:

Hi all.

I just wanted to ask you if what I am experiencing with the BG timer is common or not. Currently I am having issues with the start of the fights, leading to the fights not loading until the timer is at 1:45 to 1:30. For me that is not that rare (although I had never experienced something as a 30 seconds deoletion before) considering my device is old at this point. However, I have noticed recently that the time spent loading is actually counting towards the timer score of the match.

I don't really know if this has always been like that or when it changed in case it did, because I have been out of BG for some time; but I don't remember it happening previously.

Have you experienced this before? Do you know if it is intended? Because it is definitely annoying.

Thank you in advance.

I've been in a situation exactly like yours for sometime and it is extremely frustrating. Just like you I'm using a bit of an older device - android, and I constantly lose 25-40 seconds every fight. I observed streams like Beroman's and others & saw that the timer isn't exactly 120 seconds for a full fight with a high performance device like the iPad pro, the actual timer starts are around 1:57-58 so the normal standard is that there is always around 2-3 seconds gone at the start to get the fight going. But the older devices like ours are extremely affected by the loading times, cutting 30 instead of 3 seconds. That's why just like SummonerNR said, the standard for a full fight with a proper device is 117/118 seconds. The only solution is to upgrade our devices.
  • Options
    Vegeta9001Vegeta9001 Posts: 1,522 ★★★★
    I'm on a iPhone 15 pro, I get into fights with about 1:55/6 left but today it was after the fight that was crazy. Got the spinny loading icon for longer than usual, when I get out the fight my defender is already locked in as hit monkey. Safe to say I lost.