**KNOWN AW ISSUE**
Please be aware, there is a known issue with Saga badging when observing the AW map.
The team have found the source of the issue and will be updating with our next build.
We apologize for the inconvenience.
Options

Battlegrounds Champ Relevance

Emilia90Emilia90 Posts: 2,423 ★★★★★
I typed out this whole post asking for advice only for it to be sent to the shadow realm because I tried to edit in a period so thanks Kabam lol

Anyway, I wanted to get rid of/add some champs to my deck to push for Celestial and I wanted some advice on 3 champs

1. Scorp: R5 ascended and sig 200 and he’s not doing much. Lots of faster science nukes with more versatility and he’s not coming in handy a lot. Anyone still see him being used? Are there better rotations for battlegrounds or should I just cut him? He’s not first on the chopping block cause I still have 2 champs that get used even less, but I wanted to see if there was anything impressive he’s been doing. I got use out of him when I first ranked him, but not as much recently. Kinda wish I did RG or Pig
2. Shuri: Have her at r1. Skull seems to be the fastest domino killer now but if I don’t draft him, she still seems like an easy second choice since I don’t have Prowler ranked just yet. Anyone use her for anything else? I see her in a lot of higher tiers unlike Scorp and she does come in clutch for dominos so she might be a potential r2, but she isn’t the fastest
3. AA is only r4 rn and I don’t use him much because he’s not r5. Great for bullseye but not so sure how he’ll be after the fix. Is he still goated at r5? I know there’s still a lot of matchups he can do, just haven’t had a chance to gauge him this meta since he’s not great for it

Comments

• Options
    Also realized I forgot to add spaces but I’m not touching this post again in case it gets sent to the mod approval realm 😭
  • Options

Scorpion is still meta because of his utility. He often isn't the fastest option but his multiple immunities/DOTs, combined with his still solid speed means he almost never leaves my deck.

Shuri remains an extremely strong BG champion. A little bit less in the current VT meta, but my R3 Shuri pretty much never leaves my deck. She is massively underrated in a lot of matchups (for instance this season I have won multiple matches using her against Kingpin).

AA I wouldn't run at R4, and he is in my opinion falling off. I think similar to Torch, it's mostly because his loop requires you block and with the upper ranks full of R2/R3 defenders with block penetration stat focus you often take too much damage, even in ideal matchups. AA is still useful but definitely not an auto-include in a lot of metas.

Didn’t expect a response from Kabam but wow thanks for the advice

I agree that Scorp has a lot of utility, but I just haven’t been able to bring myself to draft him over Titania/Hulk/Silk. He’s very safe for sure though and I’ll probably leave him on as backup and for metas that better favor him

Definitely taking Shuri up then. I’ll take the dupe yesterday as a sign from the universe

Yeah I’ve been seeing AA get drafted less and less. A 7* release would be nice 👀
  • Options
    BringPopcornBringPopcorn Posts: 3,480 ★★★★★
    Not gonna lie, I love that Kabam Crashed replied on a thread that is totally unrelated to game issues. Love that extra mile of community engagement.

On the thread...
    Scorp helps a lot in a lot of fights, not the fastest; but a high chance to end with a full bar and it all depends on what you can place on your defense (A time consuming one or an unavoidable damage chipper)
    Shuri.. seen some crazy stuff...
    AA meh nowadays.
  • Options
    Bugmat78 said:

Scorpion is still great if you dont have Spam or AA handy for the r3 sasquatches. Shuri also good for whenever an Attuma gets thrown at you. He can be nasty in this meta.

I don’t have spam and AA isn’t ranked high so that’s a good point. Thing is I usually ban r3 sassy, and I usually take him with one of my other science champs. Maybe I’m sleeping on him a little though
  • Options
    BringPopcornBringPopcorn Posts: 3,480 ★★★★★
    Emilia90 said:

Bugmat78 said:

Scorpion is still great if you dont have Spam or AA handy for the r3 sasquatches. Shuri also good for whenever an Attuma gets thrown at you. He can be nasty in this meta.

I don’t have spam and AA isn’t ranked high so that’s a good point. Thing is I usually ban r3 sassy, and I usually take him with one of my other science champs. Maybe I’m sleeping on him a little though
    When I mentioned Shuri on my response.. she wrecked some Sassys... Didn't know she could do that.
  • Options
    Yodabolt21Yodabolt21 Posts: 2,559 ★★★★★
    Leave Shuri, drop Scorp and AA. Guardian is a fantastic Domino option also.

Without knowing your roster. I personally value Titania, Ham, Hulk and Red Guardian over Scorpion. I don't have Silk or Photon (I know right) so I can't speak to them, but I do believe they are much faster than him. Scorpion is still a great champ, and I've used mine in this meta to kill a few Sassy's and Mangog's in 60 seconds or so. That would lose me most matches, but I got lucky in those rounds with a good matchup, or a bad draft for the other player. I don't think many in Celestial are running him, but I could be wrong.
  • Options
    Nemesis_17Nemesis_17 Posts: 1,371 ★★★★
    I read out your entire first post, got out and saw it disappeared. I immediately knew what happened and felt bad lol.

Personally I think they’re all still fine, though some are definitely on their way out of the meta unless something changes. But I don’t think they’re there yet.

Scorp is slow but finishing with a full yellow bar is a lot of points saved he might take 70 seconds but beat someone who took 50 seconds due to that full health finish. As we get more 7* r3s and eventually r4s he’ll be too slow since I doubt he’ll be a 7* anytime soon.

Shuri also isn’t the fastest but gets saved by taking some of the annoying defenders. There’s no better attuma counter, she takes domino in a good score even when punching up a little bit, and she’s an option for both fam and red skull. On defense she’s still solid if they don’t draft a cosmic, but if they do it’s joever for her. To me she’s fallen to the category of situational, but not completely out of the meta.

AA I have at r4a and I still do find use for him, he’s not the best not the worst. He’s awesome for bullseye with good rng but that’s going away, he still does take Nick and some others but they have other counters. I think you can take him out if you have better options especially since yours is only r4, but for the moment I still find him useful, just not an mvp nuke like he used to be.
  • Options
    Repto23Repto23 Posts: 770 ★★★
    If they run despair she can easily shut off healing
  • Options

Emilia90 said:

Bugmat78 said:

When I mentioned Shuri on my response.. she wrecked some Sassys... Didn't know she could do that.
    That’s impressive for sure. I don’t see her get used a lot outside of Dom and Attuma so I didn’t know how good she was for those matchups.
  • Options

Leave Shuri, drop Scorp and AA. Guardian is a fantastic Domino option also.

Without knowing your roster. I personally value Titania, Ham, Hulk and Red Guardian over Scorpion. I don't have Silk or Photon (I know right) so I can't speak to them, but I do believe they are much faster than him. Scorpion is still a great champ, and I've used mine in this meta to kill a few Sassy's and Mangog's in 60 seconds or so. That would lose me most matches, but I got lucky in those rounds with a good matchup, or a bad draft for the other player. I don't think many in Celestial are running him, but I could be wrong.

Yeah I was thinking something similar. I’d maybe leave scorp on as an emergency option, but I’m definitely dropping AA now. I’ve faced mostly mysterium players with the occasional celestial and there, but no one really goes for Scorp from what I’ve seen. Even if they have him, it’s always Ham/Hulk/Titania/Silk/RG over him. He’s definitely the safest, but he punches up a lot nowadays. I think he’s be a killer 7*
  • Options
    Nemesis_17Nemesis_17 Posts: 1,371 ★★★★

Not gonna lie, I love that Kabam Crashed replied on a thread that is totally unrelated to game issues. Love that extra mile of community engagement....

Seriously tho, it’s awesome. For lack of a better way to put it it makes him feel like “one of the boys” in the mcoc community lol.

Its easy to look at kabam as just some company out there that runs the game we play, but it’s also a group of people who each have their own accounts, rankups, personal game memories & experiences. I always find it cool when devs talk about their own accounts, it’s a reminder that they’re also members of the mcoc community and not just devs.
  • Options

I read out your entire first post, got out and saw it disappeared. I immediately knew what happened and felt bad lol.

Personally I think they’re all still fine, though some are definitely on their way out of the meta unless something changes. But I don’t think they’re there yet.

Scorp is slow but finishing with a full yellow bar is a lot of points saved he might take 70 seconds but beat someone who took 50 seconds due to that full health finish. As we get more 7* r3s and eventually r4s he’ll be too slow since I doubt he’ll be a 7* anytime soon.

Shuri also isn’t the fastest but gets saved by taking some of the annoying defenders. There’s no better attuma counter, she takes domino in a good score even when punching up a little bit, and she’s an option for both fam and red skull. On defense she’s still solid if they don’t draft a cosmic, but if they do it’s joever for her. To me she’s fallen to the category of situational, but not completely out of the meta.

AA I have at r4a and I still do find use for him, he’s not the best not the worst. He’s awesome for bullseye with good rng but that’s going away, he still does take Nick and some others but they have other counters. I think you can take him out if you have better options especially since yours is only r4, but for the moment I still find him useful, just not an mvp nuke like he used to be.

Haha yeah it sucks but it wasn’t a massive post so it’s no big deal. Just a mild annoyance, but I have to remember to start copying my posts just in case

I agree with the Shuri assessment. I’ll probably r2 her and keep her as my secondary domino counter and use her against other champs in a pinch.

Agree with AA. I usually just find someone better to do what he does, but he’s definitely not useless or anything. Crashed made an excellent point about the block pen really bringing him down.
  • Options
    ItsClobberinTimeItsClobberinTime Posts: 4,007 ★★★★★
    1. I haven't used Scorp at all and I 100% agree, he's a bit too slow to compete with the current science nukes. One could argue the utility makes up for it but when you're in the higher tiers it really doesn't.
    I couldn't find a Scorp match but this right here is a prime example of why massive utility is useless if you don't have the damage required to compete with most nukes:

Shuri isn't even a nuke to begin with and that was a r3 Domino, all that utility Sinister had did nothing cause he was way too slow. It's the same if you use Scorpion and try to compete with a Hulk, Red Goat, Titania, Pig etc just no way you're gonna finish faster than them so unless they screw up and lose a lot of health you're just not gonna win the round.
    2. I used Shuri at r2 for a while and while she was able to handle most r2s and below she absolutely couldn't do r3 (match above was r3 Shuri vs r3 Domino and it was still about 50 secs so not the fastest). Unless you're going to r3 Shuri I don't think she'll get you that far in Celestial.
    3. AA definitely the best choice out of the three but I don't know how well an r4 would do in Celestial, he's definitely going to be slower for Bullseye after the changes that's for sure. Mine's not even r4 lol never use him cause I feel like even at r4 it's waaay too easy to shut him down with the current meta defenders in the game.
  • Options

1. I haven't used Scorp at all and I 100% agree, he's a bit too slow to compete with the current science nukes. One could argue the utility makes up for it but when you're in the higher tiers it really doesn't.
    I couldn't find a Scorp match but this right here is a prime example of why massive utility is useless if you don't have the damage required to compete with most nukes:

Shuri isn't even a nuke to begin with and that was a r3 Domino, all that utility Sinister had did nothing cause he was way too slow. It's the same if you use Scorpion and try to compete with a Hulk, Red Goat, Titania, Pig etc just no way you're gonna finish faster than them so unless they screw up and lose a lot of health you're just not gonna win the round.
    2. I used Shuri at r2 for a while and while she was able to handle most r2s and below she absolutely couldn't do r3 (match above was r3 Shuri vs r3 Domino and it was still about 50 secs so not the fastest). Unless you're going to r3 Shuri I don't think she'll get you that far in Celestial.
    3. AA definitely the best choice out of the three but I don't know how well an r4 would do in Celestial, he's definitely going to be slower for Bullseye after the changes that's for sure. Mine's not even r4 lol never use him cause I feel like even at r4 it's waaay too easy to shut him down with the current meta defenders in the game.

Yeah that’s my issue. All of those champs you mentioned are also insanely more versatile than scorp with the current defenders. Titania is a fantastic serpent and onslaught counter, hulk is great for onslaught too, silk is my favorite onslaught matchup, and Red Goat and pig can do a ton of defenders too.

Hmm I don’t think I’ll be able to r3 Shuri but that’s a fair point. I have Skull r2 and unduped (which slows him a bit) and he still does r3 domino in under 50 seconds so he might be my go to lol. Still thinking of taking her to r2 though because she does handle a few others fairly well

Haha yeah he’s probably not doing much at r4 in celestial. I think trying to push celestial with any r4’s would be hard so I need to weed some champs out or rank them up. AA is one of the few that either needs to be ranked up or get thrown out of the deck
  • Options
    Also the sinister thing is sad af. Great champ with a lot of damage, but inequity just guts him completely. I run one point and anyone who uses him against my bullseye gets 70+ second kills and ends up losing the round
  • Options
    Emilia90 said:

Yeah that’s my issue. All of those champs you mentioned are also insanely more versatile than scorp with the current defenders. Titania is a fantastic serpent and onslaught counter, hulk is great for onslaught too, silk is my favorite onslaught matchup, and Red Goat and pig can do a ton of defenders too.

Hmm I don’t think I’ll be able to r3 Shuri but that’s a fair point. I have Skull r2 and unduped (which slows him a bit) and he still does r3 domino in under 50 seconds so he might be my go to lol. Still thinking of taking her to r2 though because she does handle a few others fairly well

Haha yeah he’s probably not doing much at r4 in celestial. I think trying to push celestial with any r4’s would be hard so I need to weed some champs out or rank them up. AA is one of the few that either needs to be ranked up or get thrown out of the deck
    Yep, he's basically going to suffer the same fate Nimrod Galan and Kingpin suffered unfortunately, at least until he's finally available as a 7*.

Definitely keep Red Skull as your go to lol you can r2 Shuri but do keep in mind for r3 Dominos it might be a 1-1:10 fight so always pick Red Skull over her, just keep her as a last resort type of thing that's what I used to do when mine was r2.

I agree, either rank him up or leave him out, personally I never have him in my deck, never bam him and I haven't really had any issues or lost to one cause again the two most common immunities in the game absolutely ruin him and after the Bullseye changes I think he's going to lose even more value.
    Emilia90 said:

Also the sinister thing is sad af. Great champ with a lot of damage, but inequity just guts him completely. I run one point and anyone who uses him against my bullseye gets 70+ second kills and ends up losing the round

Yep, depressing for me cause I r5 ascended him lol I run Inequity 2 and as you can see he stands no chance if there's Inequity at play. I **** a lot on Negasonic but after all this I think she might be one of the best pulls from the Titan now (granted you r2 her) cause yeah Sinister is garbage if there's Inequity, at least Negasonic can do most Bullseyes and skill champs in around 45-55.
  • Options
    Dab_westDab_west Posts: 149 ★★
    In this current gc meta, scorp is decent to run at r6 (r5 ascended), but not needed. Scorp usually not run at the top of bgs. For domino counter, guardian is also a solid one and is somewhat more popular than shuri at higher ranks but shuri always good to have. AA needs the r6 for celestial level and after the bullseye change he won't be as good against bullseye as now and there are also a lot more bullseye counters to run than aa, like sunspot, cgr, onslaught, kushala, Negasonic ,etc
  • Options
    jcphillips7jcphillips7 Posts: 1,205 ★★★★
    Emilia90 said:

I kept Sinister in my deck strictly for stall defense. I've already banned half their cosmics, and if they don't have a robot or if they forget, I've seen people struggle with him.
  • Options

Emilia90 said:

Yep, he's basically going to suffer the same fate Nimrod Galan and Kingpin suffered unfortunately, at least until he's finally available as a 7*.

Definitely keep Red Skull as your go to lol you can r2 Shuri but do keep in mind for r3 Dominos it might be a 1-1:10 fight so always pick Red Skull over her, just keep her as a last resort type of thing that's what I used to do when mine was r2.

I agree, either rank him up or leave him out, personally I never have him in my deck, never bam him and I haven't really had any issues or lost to one cause again the two most common immunities in the game absolutely ruin him and after the Bullseye changes I think he's going to lose even more value.
    Emilia90 said:

Yep, depressing for me cause I r5 ascended him lol I run Inequity 2 and as you can see he stands no chance if there's Inequity at play. I **** a lot on Negasonic but after all this I think she might be one of the best pulls from the Titan now (granted you r2 her) cause yeah Sinister is garbage if there's Inequity, at least Negasonic can do most Bullseyes and skill champs in around 45-55.
    Hope those champs make it as 7* soon. I’ll either take Shuri up or invest in Prowler once I get the resources

AA value and torch value going down this much is crazy. I remember when they were pretty much instawins

Yeah Negasonic has been putting in work for me tbh. Still want that damage bump but she’s a very clutch champ for the skill class. She’s the only hard counter that’s usable since sinister is slow af with inequity. Bitter showed a 39 sec bullseye fight with her so she’s probably the safest outside of Kushala and CGR
  • Options
    EdisonLawEdisonLaw Posts: 2,890 ★★★★
    Let's take a look here.

Scorpion: Still may be good for Sasquatch because of the burst damage, petrify, and taunt. Is he good for Serpent however?

Shuri: Still great for Domino and any champ who can be shocked. She might be good for Bullseye because of her high block proficiency but not sure.

Archangel: Definitely worth R5A. Good for Sassy, Doom, Bullseye, Onslaught, etc.
  • Options
    EdisonLaw said:

Let's take a look here.

Scorpion: Still may be good for Sasquatch because of the burst damage, petrify, and taunt. Is he good for Serpent however?

Shuri: Still great for Domino and any champ who can be shocked. She might be good for Bullseye because of her high block proficiency but not sure.

Archangel: Definitely worth R5A. Good for Sassy, Doom, Bullseye, Onslaught, etc.

Scorpion is not that good even for Sasquatch, it doesn't matter if you spam sp1 or go for sp2 heavy charge if it's a r3 Sasquatch there is no way in hell you're getting him down in under 60.
  • Options
    Emilia90 said:

Emilia90 said:

Emilia90 said:

Hope those champs make it as 7* soon. I’ll either take Shuri up or invest in Prowler once I get the resources

AA value and torch value going down this much is crazy. I remember when they were pretty much instawins

Yeah Negasonic has been putting in work for me tbh. Still want that damage bump but she’s a very clutch champ for the skill class. She’s the only hard counter that’s usable since sinister is slow af with inequity. Bitter showed a 39 sec bullseye fight with her so she’s probably the safest outside of Kushala and CGR
    Hopefully, getting sick of useless trash being added to the Titan, who even wants a 7* Nova lmao.

Yep, ten seasons ago I was banning them every single round when I didn't have them. Now? I even place mystics and skill champs on defense and win regardless.

Yeah Negasonic will probably be the right move on the long run unless a miracle happens and they decide to make it so Sinister shuts down Inequity mastery or something but that's highly unlikely so unless I pull a 7* Negasonic this weekend, 6* gets my t2 dust.
  • Options

EdisonLaw said:

Let's take a look here.

Scorpion is not that good even for Sasquatch, it doesn't matter if you spam sp1 or go for sp2 heavy charge if it's a r3 Sasquatch there is no way in hell you're getting him down in under 60.
    Is this a sign that scorp should be a 7* soon?
  • Options
    EdisonLaw said:

EdisonLaw said:

Let's take a look here.

Pfft I wish but I think they're gonna make him Galan and Nimrod suffer for another year and once they vanish completely from 90% of the decks they will have their big comebacks.
  • Options
    SirGamesBondSirGamesBond Posts: 4,483 ★★★★★

Scorpion is still meta because of his utility. He often isn't the fastest option but his multiple immunities/DOTs, combined with his still solid speed means he almost never leaves my deck.

Shuri remains an extremely strong BG champion. A little bit less in the current VT meta, but my R3 Shuri pretty much never leaves my deck. She is massively underrated in a lot of matchups (for instance this season I have won multiple matches using her against Kingpin).

AA I wouldn't run at R4, and he is in my opinion falling off. I think similar to Torch, it's mostly because his loop requires you block and with the upper ranks full of R2/R3 defenders with block penetration stat focus you often take too much damage, even in ideal matchups. AA is still useful but definitely not an auto-include in a lot of metas.

Had to ask this,
    Are you a celestial gamur?
  • Options
    SirGamesBondSirGamesBond Posts: 4,483 ★★★★★
    Btw scorp is pulling up his weight in GC.
  • Options
    edited June 28

EdisonLaw said:

EdisonLaw said:

Let's take a look here.

Pfft I wish but I think they're gonna make him Galan and Nimrod suffer for another year and once they vanish completely from 90% of the decks they will have their big comebacks.
    Yeah and considering how strong the science class is currently, though 7 star Nimrod would help the 7 star tech class a lot
  • Options
    captain_rogerscaptain_rogers Posts: 5,551 ★★★★★
    1 - What's your rotation with scorp? In bgs, Don't got for sp2, Always go for sp1 spam, that works the best for me. He is really good for this meta as he deals direct damage ignoring armor.
    2 - I have a r2 shuri and I rarely use her on attack. The two matchups where you can say you need shuri is, attuma and domino, But these guys already have a lot of counters. My nimrod can nuke domino in a sp2, But if I don't get to draft him, My r2 mysterio will get the job done while being a headache defender as well. So imo, Mysterio > Shuri for bgs.
    3 - r5 that archangel, He is must for certain fights in bgs, especially in higher tiers.