**KNOWN AW ISSUE**
Please be aware, there is a known issue with Saga badging when observing the AW map.
The team have found the source of the issue and will be updating with our next build.
We apologize for the inconvenience.
Options

Is the Serpent any good after ramping?

altavistaaltavista Posts: 1,336 ★★★★
I know he is a menace as a defender, but seems to have pillowhands like the Vision when players actually control him (which is even more visually discordant based on the giant hammer he is wielding).

My question is - does he start feeling good to use after two fights? For example, Corvus feels like a slog to use for the first one or two fights, and then starts feeling rewarding to use from then on.

I know he probably is not gonna turn into Corvus with 4 charges, but does a fully ramped Serpent (after winning 2 fights) start feeling like he is hitting hard?

Comments

• Options
    MᗅՏᗅCREMᗅՏᗅCRE Posts: 177 ★★
    edited June 28
    First of all Corvus is trash, and outdated but people still think he is good. He is just good for war and aq.
    After ramp serpent hits pretty hard and he is so fun to use.
  • Options
    Supergamer_69Supergamer_69 Posts: 21
    IMO (no offense), the serpent is pretty good when i control him. i once used his non-ramped 4 star version to beat an AQ jubilee who was at about 30k hero rating, while serpent was at 6k, losing only 3% hp from my original 4%. i could also beat 30k rating AQ gwenpool without taking damage in less than 2 minutes. serpent is a beast as a defender, but a monster as an attacker. (beast>monster>animal>>mid>trash>can't-beat-a-1* strongest to weakest)
  • Options
    captain_rogerscaptain_rogers Posts: 5,585 ★★★★★
    I have a r3 serpent and lemme tell you, his damage is trash.

The only place you can see big numbers are against high armor opponents, like nimrod redskull and Guardian. In other places his damage is quite mid, but he is very sustainable and can perform great in questing and war where time isn't a deciding factor.

For your question, after 3 fights, he will hit good, But not at great levels. But he can spam al ot of specials back to back so he's fun to use.
  • Options
    peixemacacopeixemacaco Posts: 1,637 ★★★
    Mine is 5* dupped and ascended, 16k PI now

Always as defender with 8/10 wins, but also a good attacker

Great for Incursions too

Amazing Champ
  • Options

First of all Corvus is trash, and outdated but people still think he is good. He is just good for war and aq.

“Corvus is trash” but he’s good for War, AQ, incursions, and questing In general. Sounds like you mean he’s just not good in BG which is different from being a bad champ and unrelated to the actual question.

I personally don’t have serpent but I’ve seen some people use him to good effect on attack. Especially against tech champs with lots of armor like Fantman.
    After the 20 charges he is groot 2.0
    The other cosmics champions are way better in all of those modes. Like what champion is bad for incursion? EQ?
  • Options
    EdisonLawEdisonLaw Posts: 2,930 ★★★★
    edited June 29
    Based on my experience, Serpent is also pretty good for war fights. 2 fights in and he already has 3 charges. He also spams specials and his true focus is really helpful as well. Has anyone else used him in this AW season?
  • Options
    GK_23 said:

“Corvus is trash” but he’s good for War, AQ, incursions, and questing In general. Sounds like you mean he’s just not good in BG which is different from being a bad champ and unrelated to the actual question.

I personally don’t have serpent but I’ve seen some people use him to good effect on attack. Especially against tech champs with lots of armor like Fantman.
    The other cosmics champions are way better in all of those modes. Like what champion is bad for incursion? EQ?
    If you’re not finishing a fight before his charges are up, you’re not using him properly/effectively and/or in the right fights/content. That’s not a Corvus problem. 😉

How is that Corvus? Does he do well in BGs as well?
  • Options
    BringPopcornBringPopcorn Posts: 3,498 ★★★★★
    EdisonLaw said:

GK_23 said:

If you’re not finishing a fight before his charges are up, you’re not using him properly/effectively and/or in the right fights/content. That’s not a Corvus problem. 😉

It really depends on where you are fighting..
    Lower tiers you might get away.. when 7R3 defenders start showing up, most likely a time out or a very long fight.
    GK_23 said:

He is extremely expensive to run in AW though...
  • Options

EdisonLaw said:

GK_23 said:

It really depends on where you are fighting..
    Lower tiers you might get away.. when 7R3 defenders start showing up, most likely a time out or a very long fight.
    GK_23 said:

He is extremely expensive to run in AW though...
    True, they should have given him an ability similar to Serpent where he starts with some persistent charges in BGs
  • Options
    Kingering_KingKingering_King Posts: 526 ★★

First rank 3, got him to rank 3 yesterday, after exploring act 8. I’m believer in him!!
  • Options
    GK_23GK_23 Posts: 297 ★★★
    EdisonLaw said:

GK_23 said:

He’s performing extremely well for me in this BG meta. And I understand how expensive he “can” be in content like AW. It’s the “Corvus is trash” comment that I strongly disagree with. Especially when that statement is followed up with “but he’s good for War, AQ, Incursions, and questing in general.” Uh, what??? Please make that make sense.

Like many other champs, there’s scenarios/content that are great for them. And other content, a different champ is better suited.
  • Options
    GK_23 said:

EdisonLaw said:

GK_23 said:

He’s performing extremely well for me in this BG meta. And I understand how expensive he “can” be in content like AW. It’s the “Corvus is trash” comment that I strongly disagree with. Especially when that statement is followed up with “but he’s good for War, AQ, Incursions, and questing in general.” Uh, what??? Please make that make sense.

Like many other champs, there’s scenarios/content that are great for them. And other content, a different champ is better suited.
    Corvus is trash
    He needs boosts for war.
    Incursions is an irrelevant content becuase every champion is good with the right hacks.
    AQ is easy and a lot of champions do better than him.
    In bgs he is to slow if the defender is a r3.
    EQ is so easy you can do it with 5 stars or 4 stars.
    You want more? He is just trash, I get the nostalgia and all but in 2024 there are way too many better cosmics that do a lot of damage in a short period of time like CGR and he doesnt like a 4 star after doing something.

Last but not least, VOX OP!
  • Options

GK_23 said:

EdisonLaw said:

GK_23 said:

Corvus is trash
    He needs boosts for war.
    Incursions is an irrelevant content becuase every champion is good with the right hacks.
    You want more? He is just trash, I get the nostalgia and all but in 2024 there are way too many better cosmics that do a lot of damage in a short period of time like CGR and he doesnt like a 4 star after doing something.

I don't think he needs boosts in war if he's rank 3. At that level he's stronger than a 6* R5a.
  • Options
    GK_23GK_23 Posts: 297 ★★★

GK_23 said:

EdisonLaw said:

GK_23 said:

Corvus is trash
    He needs boosts for war.

Corvus isn’t for you. Got it. 👍🏻