**KNOWN AW ISSUE**
Please be aware, there is a known issue with Saga badging when observing the AW map.
The team have found the source of the issue and will be updating with our next build.
We apologize for the inconvenience.
Options

SoS Anihilus help

So I get that he places armour breaks that turn into stifles, and you get them through your block, but can anyone explain how he places armour breaks when you hit him, that turn into stiffles and make him unstoppable, leading him to deal even more stiffles through your block and be cornered and dead instantly?

Comments

• Options
    EgyptOverseerEgyptOverseer Posts: 290
    Bendy said:

So I get that he places armour breaks that turn into stifles, and you get them through your block, but can anyone explain how he places armour breaks when you hit him, that turn into stiffles and make him unstoppable, leading him to deal even more stiffles through your block and be cornered and dead instantly?

Stifles aint converting into armor breaks he can inflict both and when u hit u get stifled via the node u have to play around that by parrying and trying to keep him pushed at his corner
    He converts armour breaks into stiffles. It's in his kit. Not the other way around. In turn he places stiffles when he hits your block and goes unstoppable if you dash back. Seems like a never ending death loop to me.
  • Options
    My question is how he places armour breaks without hiting you and/or when you hit him.
  • Options
    BendyBendy Posts: 4,323 ★★★★★

Bendy said:

Stifles aint converting into armor breaks he can inflict both and when u hit u get stifled via the node u have to play around that by parrying and trying to keep him pushed at his corner
    He converts armour breaks into stiffles. It's in his kit. Not the other way around. In turn he places stiffles when he hits your block and goes unstoppable if you dash back. Seems like a never ending death loop to me.
    Its the node smothering constitution where it reads 15% chance to inflict a 9% stifle so no armor breaks are being converted its the node when u hit is applying stifle
  • Options
    Gildarts99Gildarts99 Posts: 353 ★★
    Yhhh you get the armor break and stifle when you attack him or you block an attack. But even that, it's random. Sometimes, you get armor break and stifle on you when you perform either actions and at times, you don't.

Anyways, nothing can be done really about the armor break and I doubt that even affects you much right. With stifle, once you get em on you, just dash back and it will be removed. So if you got three stifles on you, u need to dash back thrice. However, be careful not to get cornered else, it's over. Also, don't dash in right after you are free of the stifle debuff because, whenever you cleanse one stifle, be goes unstoppable so timing is everything. Dash back to remove a stifle, wait some two seconds for the unstoppable to expire then go in to attack.
  • Options
    Asher1_1Asher1_1 Posts: 182
    The node provides extra Stifle
    U have Stifle - > u Dash back -> he gets unstoppable

So just block/parry or try to intercept
  • Options
    FunkFunk Posts: 23
    Whenever the Defender is struck, there is a 15% chance to inflict the Attacker with a 9% Stifle Debuff for 6 seconds.

Source: the game
  • Options
    Mr Wilson FiskMr Wilson Fisk Posts: 282 ★★
    The more dash backs you do the less stifles are consumed reducing the unstoppable time. Once you get in the rhythm the majority of the unstoppable time is during his special. Biggest part of the fight is the perfect block of the sp1 projectile. That and keeping buffs up on yourself.
  • Options
    edited June 30
    I have another one. For those doing it with Pyramid X, how are you doing any meaningful damage? With Lighting Tempest pre-fight, with 5 prowess and an extra prowess from the charged Heavy, all I am doing is 37k max?

This was after 5 SP2s, by the way.
  • Options
    Mr Wilson FiskMr Wilson Fisk Posts: 282 ★★

I have another one. For those doing it with Pyramid X, how are you doing any meaningful damage? With Lighting Tempest pre-fight, with 5 prowess and an extra prowess from the charged Heavy, all I am doing is 37k max?

This was after 5 SP2s, by the way.

I saw someone say that her SP3 works better
  • Options
    Thanks for the tip. Just think it's strange because my colleagues that did it on the first day where blowing him with just 4 SP2s. The damage does feel low for what PyramidX normally does, and the only reduction at play is the one that requires 3 buffs, which she had on all SP2s and exceeded.
  • Options
    edited July 1
    So far what I have identified as traits of this AI is that he is coded to be super aggressive if he has an unstoppable, so if he hits your block he will keep hitting you because every hit into your block places a stiffle and if you dash back he just goes unstoppable again, so it's a death loop. There is definitely something about the AI calculating the damage it will take and the buffs you have before deciding the move. This AI also seems to be a master at dexing, and I saw it double Dex two consecutive intercepts, as well as plain heavies.
  • Options
    WednesdayLengthWednesdayLength Posts: 289 ★★
    His armour breaks and stifles are 2 separate things