**KNOWN AW ISSUE**
Please be aware, there is a known issue with Saga badging when observing the AW map.
The team have found the source of the issue and will be updating with our next build.
We apologize for the inconvenience.
Options

Can We Please Stop Adding Deathless Pieces in Battlegrounds

2»

Comments

• Options
    RetroRocksRetroRocks Posts: 68
    I think a big issue with deathless pieces in BG, is it’ll end up eventually removing average/mid players like me, so it could accelerate people leaving the mode to “take a break” after an enforced grind, and lower numbers in the mode is exactly what they were trying to solve. Seems a bit short sighted, I wonder if they needed to hit an engagement stat at month end for netmarble so found a way to force players to spend time in the mode?

I assume they put the deathless piece at end of VC to get everyone to play and bolster the numbers to get more people matching after the last few months where numbers of players pushing high were noticeably reducing.
    But having a rather slow and often boring grind all the way to VC for a piece of an average champ seems rather lame. Eventually I’ll wake up and realise I am wasting my life chasing a grey coloured champ I don’t care about and give up. Don’t give me hours to realise that problem by making me grind a repetitive mode that I’d rather not be in ,distract me with new exciting content to engage me! It’s like putting the piece in an arena, no way would they do that to drive game engagement.

It’s a shame as for me I’ll certainly stay away from the mode from a long time after being forced to play rather than actually wanting to (good riddance I hear you say! Ha)
    But it might just accelerate non addicted players to exit, all by forcing their hand to play (for hours and hours!) a mode that’s clearly quite love it or hate it for a lot of players.

Surely putting the piece in the solo objectives would have been better, less grind and leave the vibranium tier for those who care about it and actually want to enjoy it and be all competitive with each other.
    It really hasn’t helped with this whole starting point demotion to gold increasing the grind. For me I only played last season to reduce the hours I’d have to play this time, but that was completely wasted. I don’t want more rewards, I want hours of my life back!
    it was for me the most disappointing mess up kabam have done for a long time. The rewards they added are just no way worth the hours of extra time I have to spend playing a mode I don’t like. Felt like bribery : we messed up, we won’t fix it, here have a rubbish 7 star dupe you don’t care about and only half of a rather meh titan crystal. Humpf.
    They should have ended the season early, given a rewards sample and restarted the whole mess in the right tiers. I do not agree with their “fix”

Also on the topics of BGs can we have an options switch to have permanent mute on emotes please. I am so fed up of people spamming emotes and generally being aggressive when they win a round, it’s really unpleasant to have to grind through these idiot children. Why do they give it the big one when they have a massive roster and beat me in the final round. What did you think was going to happen, just shut up and beat me quicker so I can go to the next match and you can go irritate someone else. Or in fact maybe take a break go outside and enjoy life that isn’t tapping on your phone. It doesn’t matter, calm down, stop pressing the stupid buttons.
  • Options
    ahmynutsahmynuts Posts: 6,670 ★★★★★

I think a big issue with deathless pieces in BG, is it’ll end up eventually removing average/mid players like me, so it could accelerate people leaving the mode to “take a break” after an enforced grind, and lower numbers in the mode is exactly what they were trying to solve. Seems a bit short sighted, I wonder if they needed to hit an engagement stat at month end for netmarble so found a way to force players to spend time in the mode?

I assume they put the deathless piece at end of VC to get everyone to play and bolster the numbers to get more people matching after the last few months where numbers of players pushing high were noticeably reducing.
    But having a rather slow and often boring grind all the way to VC for a piece of an average champ seems rather lame. Eventually I’ll wake up and realise I am wasting my life chasing a grey coloured champ I don’t care about and give up. Don’t give me hours to realise that problem by making me grind a repetitive mode that I’d rather not be in ,distract me with new exciting content to engage me! It’s like putting the piece in an arena, no way would they do that to drive game engagement.

It’s a shame as for me I’ll certainly stay away from the mode from a long time after being forced to play rather than actually wanting to (good riddance I hear you say! Ha)
    But it might just accelerate non addicted players to exit, all by forcing their hand to play (for hours and hours!) a mode that’s clearly quite love it or hate it for a lot of players.

Surely putting the piece in the solo objectives would have been better, less grind and leave the vibranium tier for those who care about it and actually want to enjoy it and be all competitive with each other.
    It really hasn’t helped with this whole starting point demotion to gold increasing the grind. For me I only played last season to reduce the hours I’d have to play this time, but that was completely wasted. I don’t want more rewards, I want hours of my life back!
    it was for me the most disappointing mess up kabam have done for a long time. The rewards they added are just no way worth the hours of extra time I have to spend playing a mode I don’t like. Felt like bribery : we messed up, we won’t fix it, here have a rubbish 7 star dupe you don’t care about and only half of a rather meh titan crystal. Humpf.
    They should have ended the season early, given a rewards sample and restarted the whole mess in the right tiers. I do not agree with their “fix”

Also on the topics of BGs can we have an options switch to have permanent mute on emotes please. I am so fed up of people spamming emotes and generally being aggressive when they win a round, it’s really unpleasant to have to grind through these idiot children. Why do they give it the big one when they have a massive roster and beat me in the final round. What did you think was going to happen, just shut up and beat me quicker so I can go to the next match and you can go irritate someone else. Or in fact maybe take a break go outside and enjoy life that isn’t tapping on your phone. It doesn’t matter, calm down, stop pressing the stupid buttons.

TLDR. You aren't the demographic kabam is targeting with the 7* deathless champions and are salty about it
  • Options
    The_losttierThe_losttier Posts: 116 ★★
    Ortoun said:

I prefer BG and not another carina challenge… just saying

Carina's are at least permanent content
    Yes but way less difficult to achieve
  • Options
    Sw0rdMasterSw0rdMaster Posts: 1,748 ★★★★
    Or perhaps a good compromise is to move the piece down to diamond/platinum tier?