Carrier: Koodo
Connectivity: Wifi
Game: up to date
Gamemode: battlegrounds
Champions affected:
r3 sig40 7* sasquatch
r5 sig200 6* kingpin
Boosts: No boosts

On two seperate occasions in battlegrounds I have lost due to an early game one hit KO that I can't make sense of.

First time was my sasquatch mentioned above fighting a human torch (non nova) and early on I used a special2 and died from near full health as soon as I clicked the button.

I ignored it as maybe something in one of their kits I wasn't aware of until just recently I was facing a bishop with my kingpin and again near full health one hit KO from a light attack...

The only common thread I can think of is that both defenders had inflicted incinerates but they should not be doing a full health pool in one tick...

Any other feedback would be appreciated if there's something I've missed, this BG's season is hard enough already lol

lectrixquids

Comments

• WeaponX2112WeaponX2112 Member Posts: 41
    If you were fighting Torch with Sasquatch and you got to sp2, there's a good chance HT was in nova form by then. He gains temperature and smolders every time you hit him with a mystic.
    Kingpin vs Bishop is also a bad matchup because every time a skill champ purifies a debuff versus Bishop they take damage. Kingpin's rage stacks are debuffs and he purifies them when to get his overpower buff.
  • LectrixquidsLectrixquids Member Posts: 5

If you were fighting Torch with Sasquatch and you got to sp2, there's a good chance HT was in nova form by then. He gains temperature and smolders every time you hit him with a mystic.
    Kingpin vs Bishop is also a bad matchup because every time a skill champ purifies a debuff versus Bishop they take damage. Kingpin's rage stacks are debuffs and he purifies them when to get his overpower buff.

I'm fairly certain torch wasn't in Nova cuz it was so early in the fight and it was quite literally 90+% of sasquatches entire health pool in one tick I think that's above even the power burn...
    As for the kingpin, you maybe right I didn't know that above bishops kit, but again it was most of the health pool all at once not just ticking down quickly...

Appreciate the ideas tho I could definitely be wrong.
  • Java_JunkieJava_Junkie Member Posts: 428 ★★
    @Lectrixquids if you hit Torch enough to get an sp2, EACH of those hits is gonna give Torch a smolder counter, and increase his temp. and each of the smolders are gonna increase chances to get a incinerate on you when he's hit. 7 incinerates, 20 temp, and he starts dropping Novas on you each time he's hit. which act as DoT AND power stings.

you almost certainly died to self inflicted incin / power sting damage. it's what Torch was designed to do.
  • WeaponX2112WeaponX2112 Member Posts: 41

I'm fairly certain torch wasn't in Nova cuz it was so early in the fight and it was quite literally 90+% of sasquatches entire health pool in one tick I think that's above even the power burn...
    As for the kingpin, you maybe right I didn't know that above bishops kit, but again it was most of the health pool all at once not just ticking down quickly...

Appreciate the ideas tho I could definitely be wrong.
    Yeah it wouldn't be ticking down, it would instant big damage for both. Stacking power stings come along with the nova from torch and Kingpin purifies 8 debuffs to go into overpower mode. Each one does a big burst of damage to him against Bishop.