**KNOWN AW ISSUE**
Please be aware, there is a known issue with Saga badging when observing the AW map.
The team have found the source of the issue and will be updating with our next build.
We apologize for the inconvenience.
Options

What to do as f2p after summer Sale?

Any suggestions as to what I could do now bcoz it's personally depressing to look at 15 r3s rn when I was barely able to do my 3rd r3. I played this game to get some rest from my social work life and bgs used to be main part of fun but now I just have to sit there, stare at fully loaded deck of 7*, no point of banning champs bcoz in end it doesn't even matter where I'm struggling to get opponent down and they are doing 30s fights max.
I'm not against people spending in game, I just want some insight on what to do bcoz I never thought as to one game that brought some joy in my life now is reason I don't want to open it anymore. And ik people saying that this will even out in some time but I don't personally feel so, even if next act gives us 5 r3s. The gap has increased enormously and no matter how much I grind, it is increasing exponentially and just taking out any incentive to play this game. I really need some help here bcoz I think I can cope up a week or two at most. After that it's ggs.

Comments

• Options
    Kpratish1997Kpratish1997 Posts: 122
    Uninstall the game. 🤣
  • Options
    CaplakshyaCaplakshya Posts: 15
    Fryday said:

Hi @Caplakshya

I do agreed with @Buttehrs ,

It doesn't matter if you are FTP or small spenders, logically the only way to keep up with big spenders is...to be big spenders.

So the best is to enjoy the game as a game.

For example, enjoy the personal win instead, you can still be happy with yourself if you do a good fight (win or lose). The amount of time I lost BG match, but still happy that I took down a difficult Def better than last time, small personal improvement. 😊

When face a massive big account with lots of 7R3, personally I thanks them for supporting the game so much (I literally said it out loud) and go head give my best shot in the match.

Find your fun, I always have a smile of my face when I get to use Silk 😊

Also like @PT_99 ,whatever other players have, you can still make good progress with SoS, MEQ, AW, AQ, Raids and there are more solo content coming soon like Saga Incursion and AW Showcase, so lot to look forward to.

As for me I going back to grinding Arena (apart from the Sunday one of course, right @PT_99 😉?)

Last if you ever find it too much, just take a walk and get some fresh air, remember this is a game, it shouldn't give you extra stress, life is already stress enough as it is.

Good luck to you my friend.

Thanks a lot for insight bro😊😊 i will try to keep my head up
  • Options
    Java_JunkieJava_Junkie Posts: 256
    some people want to be bleeding edge competitive. some are completionist. some wanna show off the amount of "stuff" they have (roster numbers, rank, PI). figure out what makes the game fun, for you, and JUST DO THAT.

I ain't making it to the top of BG. Incursion runs annoy me. I still get enough stress relief out of "sitting down to punch dudes" time that it's worth it. clear some content, progress my roster, help out my alli. so, still worth it to me.

don't hold yourself to a standard because it exists (full 30 7* r3 BG deck, for example). hold yourself to it if that's what you ACTUALLY want to be/ do.

and good luck with it!
  • Options
    BringPopcornBringPopcorn Posts: 3,559 ★★★★★
    So... 15 is depressing and 10-12 was not?.. cause they you could buy a few 7r3s.. not sure if they add up to 5...
  • Options
    VaniteliaVanitelia Posts: 376 ★★★
    To the OP, you can join the rest of the community who become honorary F2P players after big sales.

On a real note, we see this after each big sale event...there's a month or two gap between those who spent big and those who didn't. Content gets released and the gap closes a bit. You get you're footing back for a month or so and then it's time for the next big event. Been that way for years.

I think having additional r3's isn't a huge deal. Sure, they have more options, but they didn't get r4 mats, so the gap isn't as wide as last year.
  • Options
    Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Posts: 7,249 ★★★★★
    Where is the sweet spot between keeping the game competitive for FTPers but with deals enticing enough for whales to spend regularly and keep the business financially able to constantly update the game with new champs and quests?

• Options
    PikoluPikolu Posts: 7,043 Guardian
    edited July 3

Where is the sweet spot between keeping the game competitive for FTPers but with deals enticing enough for whales to spend regularly and keep the business financially able to constantly update the game with new champs and quests?

It ebbs and flows. Closest we ever saw the gap between ftp and the extreme spenders was when necro dropped. At some point, you need the spenders to get an advantage because otherwise, it isn't worthwhile for them to spend. I feel like there is a fairly nice balance atm. If ftp want to stay competitive, then they really need to sink time into arena to get those unit deals. A lot of the value from these sales was in those unit deals imo.
  • Options
    Markjv81Markjv81 Posts: 1,017 ★★★★
    If you didn’t spend this year you probably didn’t spend last year and you still survived, so the same will happen again.
  • Options
    GamerGamer Posts: 10,420 ★★★★★

So... 15 is depressing and 10-12 was not?.. cause they you could buy a few 7r3s.. not sure if they add up to 5...

It was 5 for a few but for me it was 4 missing one could but another’s tier 4 aplha but wasn’t worth to drop another 400 dollars for 4 more Odin after the first purchase.
  • Options
    edited July 3
    Gamer said:

It was 5 for a few but for me it was 4 missing one could but another’s tier 4 aplha but wasn’t worth to drop another 400 dollars for 4 more Odin after the first purchase.
    Not what I meant .
    There is nothing on the sales that could have over bumped accounts.. its not like after the sales you will end up with 5 or 7 more r3s...
    And pretty crazy to think a majority bought all deals too..
  • Options
    AzKicker316AzKicker316 Posts: 2,340 ★★★★★
    If you are trying to compete with the top folks or alliances as a f2p, you're just setting yourself for constant disappointment. There's no point trying to compare yourself with what whales are doing.
    Unless you spend like them, you won't be them. Find an alliance at a level that can be competitive enough without worrying about being near the top. Makes the game so much more enjoyable.
  • Options
    Bugmat78Bugmat78 Posts: 2,258 ★★★★★
    edited July 3

Gamer said:

Not what I meant .
    There is nothing on the sales that could have over bumped accounts.. its not like after the sales you will end up with 5 or 7 more r3s...
    You could literally get 4-5 x 7r3s with these sales from a generic 2-3 rank up gem and 10 t4a from the odins depending on how many t4a you had already from other recent content. Lots did exactly this to get the 2023 selector.
  • Options
    Bugmat78 said:

Gamer said:

Not what I meant .
    You could literally get 4-5 x 7r3s with these sales from a generic 2-3 rank up gem and 10 t4a from the odins depending on how many t4a you had already from other recent content. Lots did exactly this to get the 2023 selector.
    I know a lot of people spent, and if your math is right they could have. That doesn't mean that everyone who spent did...
    Games wouldn't go thru budget cuts if people spent as much F2P claim...
  • Options
    ZuroZuro Posts: 2,819 ★★★★★
    Just because some whales have 10+ r3s doesn't mean they automatically have more skill than you. I'm FTP and still capable of beating those whales at the top, just gotta hone your skills
  • Options
    PolygonPolygon Posts: 4,006 ★★★★★
    The problem with the response of "dont compare yourself to spenders" is that its only partially true. Yes you can still play the game for fun, but the way the game is set up right now is that BGs is like 80% of the game. Its where rankups are mainly aimed towards, its where the main rewards are. So even if you ignored the spenders, youre just going to be missing out on a bunch of valuable resources.

I placed Mysterium before last years July 4 where everyone whaled because of how good the deals were. But even with my skill, given being F2p, it's becoming ridiculous even bothering to push for that bracket now..