**KNOWN AW ISSUE**
Please be aware, there is a known issue with Saga badging when observing the AW map.
The team have found the source of the issue and will be updating with our next build.
We apologize for the inconvenience.
Options

Marvel Contest of Champions - 1 champ per week - Ep.22 - P-e-n i Parker 🔷

peixemacacopeixemacaco Posts: 1,665 ★★★

P - e - n i Parker

I don't have problems fighting P-e-n i , pretty easily avoidable her specials. But you dont know if the robot is being hit or no sometimes.

If you're a proud P-e-n i owner, share some love 🔷 to him and your tips here 👍.

This series is a collab research that you can share here, so, it's not my topic, but it's a community insight

Let's talk about this champ secrets, synergies, best relics and counters when fight against P-e-n i Parker.

Aunt mai info
https://shortlurl.com/GUu2

Next week champ will be= Guillotine ⚔️🛡️🩷

Suggestions to improve are welcome
😊👍

Comments

• Options
    Thanks to @RDR2Jammy for the suggestion
    And @Pikolu for extra help

I think @PantherusNZ post a comment before.
  • Options
    PantherusNZPantherusNZ Posts: 1,734 ★★★★
    I adore using Peni, especially again regen champs. Use her specials so that the attack takes them over a bar of power to gain extra spider charges, then unleash an L2 when you have ~20 and they're regening to absolutely incinerate them :smile:
  • Options
    captain_rogerscaptain_rogers Posts: 5,706 ★★★★★
    If there has to be one useless unreliable thing in game, it has to be peni's sp1 power drain.

Peni's sp1's first hit drains some power, like FAM sp1, so you might think "Ok the opponent reached 3 bars of power let's use her sp1 to keep their power in check" but... Her first hit drains some power, But her remaining hits exactly give back the amount of power drained. LOL.

Ik the main purpose of her sp1 is to get blue charges but why they designed her sp1 power drain in such a way is something I never understood.

Apart from that, She can shred anyone without incenerate immunity, Even tho her ramp up is bit slow for bgs.
  • Options
    FrostGiantLordFrostGiantLord Posts: 1,817 ★★★★
    Peni's definitely slept on a lot of the time, and I'm glad people still pay attention to her. If the opponent doesn't have a good counter, she can shred
  • Options

If there has to be one useless unreliable thing in game, it has to be peni's sp1 power drain.

Peni's sp1's first hit drains some power, like FAM sp1, so you might think "Ok the opponent reached 3 bars of power let's use her sp1 to keep their power in check" but... Her first hit drains some power, But her remaining hits exactly give back the amount of power drained. LOL.

Ik the main purpose of her sp1 is to get blue charges but why they designed her sp1 power drain in such a way is something I never understood.

Apart from that, She can shred anyone without incenerate immunity, Even tho her ramp up is bit slow for bgs.

Her SP1 power drain is to help you more reliably build up the charges, so you can throw the SP1 just after they gained their 1st bar of power, drain them back below the full bar, then carry them over it again and get the bonus charges, plus refresh the heal block. It is NOT designed to actually control their power like Doom.
  • Options
    captain_rogerscaptain_rogers Posts: 5,706 ★★★★★

Her SP1 power drain is to help you more reliably build up the charges, so you can throw the SP1 just after they gained their 1st bar of power, drain them back below the full bar, then carry them over it again and get the bonus charges, plus refresh the heal block. It is NOT designed to actually control their power like Doom.
    Yes I am getting your point it helps her buildup but if it gives back a little less, by little I mean like 1% less power, It would save you in a lot of situations.
  • Options

Yes I am getting your point it helps her buildup but if it gives back a little less, by little I mean like 1% less power, It would save you in a lot of situations.

Yeah, fair enough.

I don't MIND it as it is because it gives a bit of leeway, meaning that I can throw it when they're just BELOW a bar of power and still get the charges for it.

Maybe if it was percentage-based, like Doom's, so just under 1 bar (or even 2 bars) it would still carry them over it, but at 3 bars it would drop them just below it instead...
  • Options
    Nemesis_17Nemesis_17 Posts: 1,411 ★★★★

I have a rank 2 peni, and I can tell you she’s definitely not too slow for bgs. She has literally the same rotation as guardian and he’s considered a nuke. She also gains power from every parry not just parrying specials which even further speeds her ramp.

Before I ranked her I tested her and guardian as it was between those 2 for who I was gonna rank. Against Rol WS I used them both, same rotation, guardian actually having a better relic, and peni did more damage. Plus her big payout isn’t crit reliant like Guardian’s. I used to think guardian was slept on, but coming out as a 7* brought him back. Now that peni is in the base pool and more accessible, I think her stocks are gonna rise as well.
  • Options
    ShashankGuptaShashankGupta Posts: 243

P - e - n i Parker

I don't have problems fighting P-e-n i , pretty easily avoidable her specials. But you dont know if the robot is being hit or no sometimes.

If you're a proud P-e-n i owner, share some love 🔷 to him and your tips here 👍.

This series is a collab research that you can share here, so, it's not my topic, but it's a community insight

Let's talk about this champ secrets, synergies, best relics and counters when fight against P-e-n i Parker.

Aunt mai info
    https://shortlurl.com/GUu2

Next week champ will be= Guillotine ⚔️🛡️🩷

Suggestions to improve are welcome
    😊👍

Excited for next week and just a suggestion pls write the title as Og Guillotine it always specify her from other different Guillotines and don't forget to dm me for the question regarding og Guillotine
  • Options
    Tks everyone! So nice and helpfull to everyone that wants to know more about P-e-n i

Excited for next week and just a suggestion pls write the title as Og Guillotine it always specify her from other different Guillotines and don't forget to dm me for the question regarding og Guillotine

Happy that you are like this. But, why to call Guillotine like that?

Guillotine 2099 and Deathless Guillotine are different versions and 2099 will be on list to do after first 100 champs, along another champ versions as Thor Ragnarok for example.

And Deathless after 200 champs along other Deathless ones.

Sure, I can pm and quote you when Guillotine thread open.
    😊👍
  • Options
    https://youtu.be/upuB0Mi9rd0?si=p7GPClroIyDn7YsD
    Yt video 👆
    Found this perfect rotation video.
    Please watch. You will be surprised how it was well done.
  • Options
    Now, some interesting synergies

Air-Walker 🌐, Falcon🔴, Spider-Man (Miles Morales), Spider-Ham🟢, Spider-Gwen🟢, Mysterio🔵, Daredevil (Hell’s Kitchen)🔴, Kang🔵, Howard The Duck🔵, Venom The Duck🌐, Mole Man🔴,Iron Man🔵, Hit-Monkey🔴, Sunspot🟡

As all Mcoc 1 champ per week are linked here the previous episode with Bullseye
    Link = https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/369599/mcoc-1-champ-per-week-ep-21-bullseye
  • Options
    WednesdayLengthWednesdayLength Posts: 298 ★★
    People sleep on her as an attacker, personally I love selecting her for my battle deck so the other player assumes she's a defender and brings a counter for her only for me to use her as an attacker against bishop or something.
  • Options

People sleep on her as an attacker, personally I love selecting her for my battle deck so the other player assumes she's a defender and brings a counter for her only for me to use her as an attacker against bishop or something.

Yes! BG sometimes is like a Chess Game.
    Your move with P-e-n i is interesting

Now I need her 🤣
  • Options
    RDR2JammyRDR2Jammy Posts: 43
    edited July 2
    Sorry for not getting to this post earlier, but this is super awesome! Thanks to everyone contributing and showing how awesome she can be!
  • Options
    edited July 2

Her special 1's power drain actually has more purpose which isn't as clear as you need to be at 11 or above that to have it happen. (Which is also when her spider-sense charges start depleting over time)

When you launch a special 1 with her at or above 11 charges she is able to power burn an opponent's power bar by 75% over 6 seconds, whilst it seems like a small amount it's amazing for power control, being able to wallop an enemy to 3 full bars of power without fear as you can activate a SP1 and burn off that power off a full 3 bars instantly. This is also great as you already passively gain a bit of power as Peni if you're like me and parry all the time as you gain 6% a bar of power per parry allowing you to gain that special 1 for the power burn quickly.

A wayyyy lesser known fact is that if you have the tech collar mastery maxed out like I do, that reduces an opponent's power gain by 18% which means if you have an enemy at 3 full bars of power but don't have enough charges to activate power burn, her normal power burn will take them off their full 3 bars by the end of the attack. (Of course if the enemy passively has better power gain or a buff like energize, then that won't work)

Oh yeah... and the standard power burn lets you burn an opponent's bar if they've just gone over the 1 bar of power you wanted to inflict in your special 1, this runs it back a little so you can still do that.
  • Options

My opponents always ban her straight from my deck, maybe it's because she's my strongest champ by a fair margin or because they don't like fighting her.
  • Options
    edited July 2

Now, some interesting synergies

Air-Walker 🌐, Falcon🔴, Spider-Man (Miles Morales), Spider-Ham🟢, Spider-Gwen🟢, Mysterio🔵, Daredevil (Hell’s Kitchen)🔴, Kang🔵, Howard The Duck🔵, Venom The Duck🌐, Mole Man🔴,Iron Man🔵, Hit-Monkey🔴, Sunspot🟡

As all Mcoc 1 champ per week are linked here the previous episode with Bullseye
    Link = https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/369599/mcoc-1-champ-per-week-ep-21-bullseye

Peni has some of the best synergies in the game imo, they're all great and add to her deck of powers even more.

My favourite is the synergy she has with other Spider-verse heroes like Spidey (Miles), Spider-Gwen and Spider-Ham to be granted 4 spidey charges at the start of a fight, not only does it make her rotation quicker, it provides a safety net if you get hit at the start of the match as she will typically auto-block for you, the chances being 4% per charge possessed and consumes the 4 spider-sense charges possessed from the synergy.
  • Options
    Mr Wilson FiskMr Wilson Fisk Posts: 285 ★★
    Just pulled her last night 😁👍

• Options
    edited July 2
    RDR2Jammy said:

Her special 1's power drain actually has more purpose which isn't as clear as you need to be at 11 or above that to have it happen. (Which is also when her spider-sense charges start depleting over time)

When you launch a special 1 with her at or above 11 charges she is able to power burn an opponent's power bar by 75% over 6 seconds, whilst it seems like a small amount it's amazing for power control, being able to wallop an enemy to 3 full bars of power without fear as you can activate a SP1 and burn off that power off a full 3 bars instantly. This is also great as you already passively gain a bit of power as Peni if you're like me and parry all the time as you gain 6% a bar of power per parry allowing you to gain that special 1 for the power burn quickly.

A wayyyy lesser known fact is that if you have the tech collar mastery maxed out like I do, that reduces an opponent's power gain by 18% which means if you have an enemy at 3 full bars of power but don't have enough charges to activate power burn, her normal power burn will take them off their full 3 bars by the end of the attack. (Of course if the enemy passively has better power gain or a buff like energize, then that won't work)

Oh yeah... and the standard power burn lets you burn an opponent's bar if they've just gone over the 1 bar of power you wanted to inflict in your special 1, this runs it back a little so you can still do that.
    Amazing contribution!
    Thanks
  • Options
    MysterioMysterio Posts: 1,081 ★★★★
    The only okay Spider character, because she gives me that synergy!
  • Options
    TheOnlyPickleTheOnlyPickle Posts: 2

Time to bring in the 3rd impact
  • Options

Time to bring in the 3rd impact

Love the Evagelion reference! You're hella lucky, I only got my first 7* back on Saturday so I'm a long way away from a 7* Peni! Though I have my 6* version maxed out so I'm happy to wait!

• Options
    Mysterio said:

The only okay Spider character, because she gives me that synergy!

Yeah, we know she goes you a pretty sweet synergy bonus Mysterio 😂