Perfect proof and example why RATING priority based BG cannot be worse than this

ValrozValroz Member Posts: 211 ★★
edited July 3 in General Discussion
Like seriously and for real

Post edited by Kabam Crashed on

Comments

• ValrozValroz Member Posts: 211 ★★
    And this dude still took some time to ban my champs, lol.
  • WinterFieldsWinterFields Member Posts: 776 ★★★★
    The real pain is seeing the forfeit icon
  • NojokejaymNojokejaym Member Posts: 4,111 ★★★★★
    UFC or boxing is a better example
    Wicket329 said:

Valroz said:

ahmynuts said:

Me when another forum user doesn't understand what a competition is

Have you ever been to a martial arts competition? Do you see white belt getting matched up with 6th dan black belt? Lols.
    Are the white belts competing for the same prizes as the black belts?
    They have rewards specific to their belt category.

In the BG store aren't the prices for each item more expensive for the lower ranks in story progression?

Better but they still have weight categories.
  • Mr Wilson FiskMr Wilson Fisk Member Posts: 300 ★★
    If you are driving down the road in a Honda accord you're going to get passed by a Mustang... You don't pull off to the side of the road. You just understand that it's part of the process.
  • PriyabrataPriyabrata Member Posts: 1,238 ★★★★
    Valroz said:

Wicket329 said:

Valroz said:

ahmynuts said:

Have you ever been to a martial arts competition? Do you see white belt getting matched up with 6th dan black belt? Lols.

In the BG store aren't the prices for each item more expensive for the lower ranks in story progression?
    Well here's everyone competing for the same prize so suck it up, you wouldn't go against a black belt right ? You would get folded and blitzed the same thing is happening here, what's so difficult to understand?
  • Chacha888Chacha888 Member Posts: 50

• BringPopcornBringPopcorn Member Posts: 4,423 ★★★★★
    edited July 3
    You are Paragon, you should know how the game works by now....
    I know EGames being televized gave you the sense that Gaming is a sport; but MCoC is as much a sport as poker.
    Should they make the WSOP tournaments based on how much money you make a year?
  • Mr Wilson FiskMr Wilson Fisk Member Posts: 300 ★★

Here's a lopsided match that I could have won had I played better. I saw the roster and knew I was outmatched but still tried it.
  • PT_99PT_99 Member Posts: 4,079 ★★★★★
    edited July 3
    You should be asking actual questions on what the hell 9 mill rating, mythic whale is doing in platinum-V (lowest rank to farm)

It clearly will take Kabam only 10 minutes at best to look at data and see the ratio of Elder marks and 15 energy uses during win and losses of this player.

It was funny during first week but now it's fully intentional to stay around lower ranks.

• NojokejaymNojokejaym Member Posts: 4,111 ★★★★★
    edited July 3
    Valroz said:

Better but they still have weight categories.
    Yah and in those weight categories you’ll never see a welterweight go up against a heavyweight, not due to skill but due to weight. It’s something similar to mcoc thronebreaker is welterweight and valiant is heavyweight. The difference is in mcoc you got welterweights fighting heavyweights.

• Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Member Posts: 7,416 ★★★★★
    Valroz said:

ahmynuts said:

If you lose a martial arts match, do you get to keep participating? Do fighters constantly whine that they have to beat other fighters who are better than they are?

In BGs, you can lose all day long but keep playing and do not drop to a lower tier.
  • Wicket329Wicket329 Member Posts: 3,328 ★★★★★
    Valroz said:

Wicket329 said:

Valroz said:

ahmynuts said:

You’ve moved the goalposts. Because I get the same chunk of trophy tokens for winning that you would, and I spend the same resources to compete that you do, and I lose the same progress on a loss that you do.

Objectively, it’s all the same. You are now arguing the subjective value of those prizes. That is a different thing.

edited July 3
    Your prestige is low even for a TB...
    So if it was roster strength base you would be crushing TBs and Cavs.. doesnt seem fair at all..
    Its almost as if you were sandbagging your own roster..

Since you like comparing it to martial arts, this reminds me of the Seinfeld episode where Kramer joins a Karate dojo...

ahmynuts said:

PT_99 said:

You should be asking actual questions on what the hell 9 mill rating, mythic whale is doing in platinum-V (lowest rank to farm)

It clearly will take Kabam only 10 minutes at best to look at data and see the ratio of Elder marks and 15 energy uses during win and losses of this player.

It was funny during first week but now it's fully intentional to stay around lower ranks.

No not really. What if they just don't wanna play. Not everyone likes bgs. Maybe they didn't even play the objectives for the crystals and just bought them instead. Maybe now they've decided "you know what f it I'll push for the deathless piece" and are now climbing
    That's why Kabam needs to start regulating the lower ranks to see if high deck players are "just starting " or farming.

Free for all matchmaking is one thing,
    Abusing the rank system to stomp low deck is whole another.

PT_99 said:

Total base hero rating isn't much to worry about. I'm 5.6m and could be way hire if all my champs were max rank that they could be. I'm in Plat 1 right now. I'm taking my time because I'm not a BGs grinder. They could have been like me and haven't seriously played for a few seasons. I started in Bronze.

Maybe don't accuse people of wrong doing without mutch context.
    Bruh everyone started in Bronze, it's not flex.
    I'm not saying matchmaking is blame or anything,
    I'm just pointing out the farming problem.

And you have lots to catch-up lol, I'm at 3m deck and already Vibranium, see you in GC.
    PT_99 said:

ahmynuts said:

PT_99 said:

No not really. What if they just don't wanna play. Not everyone likes bgs. Maybe they didn't even play the objectives for the crystals and just bought them instead. Maybe now they've decided "you know what f it I'll push for the deathless piece" and are now climbing
    That's why Kabam needs to start regulating the lower ranks to see if high deck players are "just starting " or farming.

Free for all matchmaking is one thing,
    Abusing the rank system to stomp low deck is whole another.
    Farming has a lot of grey areas in their TOS to begin with...
    Putting a phone down to complete matches is not a violation; but losing on purpose is... I don't get it...
This discussion has been closed.