**KNOWN AW ISSUE**
Please be aware, there is a known issue with Saga badging when observing the AW map.
The team have found the source of the issue and will be updating with our next build.
We apologize for the inconvenience.
Options

GC Meta

ItsClobberinTimeItsClobberinTime Posts: 4,173 ★★★★★
Is anyone actually enjoying this RNG mess? Cause after starting with crush twice in a row, the defender with unblockable once and getting an armor buff immediately after Galan throws an sp1 I'm already done.
I don't think I have ever been this frustrated with a BGs meta lol good job Kabam, you got me malding for the first time ever 👏

Comments

• Options
    KlippKlipp Posts: 198 ★★
    R3 bishop vs a bullseye defender, Bullseye starts with unblockable, ok awesome.. throw an sp1, now I have crush on me. This is just straight ****. Among other stupid encounters.. like Adam vs serpent..., I started with crush on me.... yeah this season can kick rocks
  • Options

I've already lost a couple of matches that I had great counters for, simply because I got bad RNG. Couple of opponents started with unblockable, had Bishop and Onslaught start with a shock and Domino race to an L3. Lol Didn't even see what was going on with Domino. Just saw her go from 1.5 bar of power to RED and it was game over.

Yeah I'm done for the season.

You and me both, I had a Photon trigger crush on me during pure light form while she got a fat prowess cause why the hell not... What exactly am I supposed to do there? Oh well I guess I'll just die? Cause there is absolutely no way for me to shut down that stupid rich get richer without giving her more power and if she gets to sp2 I'm cooked anyways.
  • Options
    Klipp said:

R3 bishop vs a bullseye defender, Bullseye starts with unblockable, ok awesome.. throw an sp1, now I have crush on me. This is just straight ****. Among other stupid encounters.. like Adam vs serpent..., I started with crush on me.... yeah this season can kick rocks

Funny that you mention Bullseye cause something similar happened to me

I started with shock which worked to my advantage initially but then when he got to throw his sp1 I got crush on me and he got a fury buff. What on Earth am I supposed to do there? I can't hit him cause he'll evade, I can't parry cause I have crush on me and I can't just stand there and wait out the evade cause rich get richer is about to send him straight to sp1 town again and I won't be able to block it. I tried getting regen buffs to shut down rich get richer but guess what! He wants to corner me instead, ggs mate totally fair and very fun.
  • Options
    benshbbenshb Posts: 801 ★★★★
    edited July 4
    This meta is a joke.... Getting back to back unblocked or crushed, defenders throwing the specials into blocks while being unblock or crushed.

• Options
    GamerGamer Posts: 10,421 ★★★★★

Is anyone actually enjoying this RNG mess? Cause after starting with crush twice in a row, the defender with unblockable once and getting an armor buff immediately after Galan throws an sp1 I'm already done.
    I don't think I have ever been this frustrated with a BGs meta lol good job Kabam, you got me malding for the first time ever 👏

Yea not fun i just try and get that’s 1 win for the cystal that’s it the rng is not fun. Oh get tranl to your abilities don’t work either the crush is the painful one
  • Options
    DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,764 ★★★★★
    My goal: play for objectives and chill. The slog is done (and hopefully won’t recur) so time to enjoy the summer.

Dr. Zola
  • Options
    NojokejaymNojokejaym Posts: 3,958 ★★★★★
    I’m not GC so I’m here chillin
  • Options
    Vito ScalettaVito Scaletta Posts: 398 ★★★★
    This meta is an absolute joke. I like difficult metas where it just isn’t a nuke fest but this is just ridiculous. Clearly Kabam have no creativity designing these.
  • Options
    houndogακιhoundogακι Posts: 174
    When your first fight in new meta (domino vs bullseye) starts unblockable and wondering wtf?
    Great job once again Kabam 😇
  • Options
    Nemesis_17Nemesis_17 Posts: 1,414 ★★★★
    Yep I read the nodes for this meta when they were announced and just thought “oh hell nah I’m good.” As a result I’m still in diamond taking my absolute sweet time to get to gc, as I’m actually enjoying the vt meta. Explosive personality also looked fun but I wasn’t gonna race to gc for maybe a week of that meta just to deal with 2 weeks of rng salad.
  • Options
    captain_rogerscaptain_rogers Posts: 5,720 ★★★★★
    edited July 4
    I like this meta, I LOVE RNG.

Honestly though, RNG based nodes shouldn't exist on competitive game modes.
  • Options
    WhiteKnightWhiteKnight Posts: 351 ★★★
    edited July 4
    Yeh this meta is dog 💩💩

Whos the genius who decided to put this rng **** together??

I'm losing matched where I have the perfect counter because of crappy rng 🤬

Fought r4 galan with r2 Glad and every special either through gave him a damn buff, half the time it was unblockable so I just taking sp2's to the face and being Incinerated to death
  • Options
    Rayven5220Rayven5220 Posts: 1,976 ★★★★★
    This makes me glad I'm still in vibranium and didn't push early like I was going to.

Sounds like a complete mess.
  • Options
    Maxus7Maxus7 Posts: 40
    Can’t believe someone in kabam thought this was a good idea for a GC meta
  • Options
    HaverTimeHaverTime Posts: 14
    It'll even out in the long run. Or the obligatory response of. It's a skill issue.
  • Options
    J0eySn0wJ0eySn0w Posts: 901 ★★★★
    Maxus7 said:

Can’t believe someone in kabam thought this was a good idea for a GC meta

Was thinking the same thing. For a competitive game mode, this was a no no! You’re basically leaving win or lose to extreme RNG. RNG is a part of this game regardless, sometimes even in BG but the level of this is over the roof.
  • Options
    PikoluPikolu Posts: 7,043 Guardian
    Not my favorite meta, but not my least favorite. I'm starting off my fights by dashing back to see if I get crush or they get unblockable. Onslaught and bullseye are instant bans for me because of their "fun" interactions with the meta.

Just hope for good rng, or use cosmics who can use rich get richer. I'm just glad they have sp1 and sp2 bias because last power gain meta was a nightmare with defenders being passive until their sp3.
  • Options
    Emilia90 said:

Me watching domino trigger a bleed on herself and purify it just to sp3 me

That was me watching Galan go unstoppable immediately after sp1.
  • Options
    Update:
    Love starting with crush on me against Serpent and having my fate sealed in less than 10 seconds since he's going to get to sp1 before me and I can't dex it so I just have to tank sp1 to the face and casually lose 75% health for absolutely no reason other than RNG meanwhile my opponent nukes my Galan in 45 secs with Sinister cause even though I have Inequity 2, he got a dot debuff after every single special and he had 11 degens on my defender at all times.
  • Options

I like this meta, I LOVE RNG.

Honestly though, RNG based nodes shouldn't exist on competitive game modes.

Agreed, they alter the outcome of matches way too much and take away everything that has to do with skill cause you simply can't play around some of this stuff.
  • Options
    Bugmat78Bugmat78 Posts: 2,258 ★★★★★
    edited July 4
    I find the meta a bit funny tbf. I'm not taking it seriously - just going to play it and have fun. Won a round with 6000 pts as the other guy only got 600 - earned that by eating 2 unblockable sp2s to the face from onslaught with this unblockable and crush node buffs :D
  • Options
    ChovnerChovner Posts: 1,204 ★★★★★
    This meta is Saga branded because I feel like I'm in Arcade's funhouse getting murdered at every turn for all the reasons lol.

Again... horrible idea on this