GC Meta

Comments

• ItsClobberinTimeItsClobberinTime Member Posts: 5,369 ★★★★★
    edited July 4
    Fridge said:

I rest my case

Oof yeah that's happened to me multiple times already. It's so dumb how one debuff or buff can completely ruin a fight from the get go, it's one thing for them to make fights harder but it's another for them to dictate the outcome of a match completely when we already have defenders who dictate the outcome of a match if you don't have a counter. So stupid, really hoping they don't do this again.
  • Viper198787Viper198787 Member Posts: 582 ★★★★

• Emilia90Emilia90 Member Posts: 3,341 ★★★★★
    Chovner said:

The fact that Kabam Crashed merged all the complaining into 1 thread is a good sign that they're actively monitoring the general consensus on this meta. Nothing will change this season I'm sure, but hopefully we never see anything like this again. The idea of having this in the friendly matches is great though!

It’s a very very fun concept for a quest or something else. I actually found myself having some fun at times until you realize if rng screws you, you lose the match and some points. It’s also kinda good for YouTube streams cause you’ll get tons of raging lmao
  • J0eySn0wJ0eySn0w Member Posts: 940 ★★★★
    I was doing pretty well all season until this meta. After each round I’m thinking did he beat me squarely or rng fiesta. Played 4, lost all so far. Let’s see when my time to shine will come 😂
  • ZuroZuro Member Posts: 2,842 ★★★★★
    The fact that champs like onslaught, Dust, and Photon who can turn off your willpower, will basically make you take unavoidable damage if you proc a bleed or shock is so stupid. Don't even get me started on when serpent gets unblockable/crushed. Plus he has like 3 different sources of power gain this meta, no idea how he is even in this game.
    Zuro said:

The fact that champs like onslaught, Dust, and Photon who can turn off your willpower, will basically make you take unavoidable damage if you proc a bleed or shock is so stupid. Don't even get me started on when serpent gets unblockable/crushed. Plus he has like 3 different sources of power gain this meta, no idea how he is even in this game.

Serpent is definitely the worst one by far.
    I started this match with crush on me:

Since I couldn't hold block or get to a special before him I just had to sit there and take sp1 to the face. I wonder if anyone even tested this meta with those defenders before pulling the trigger cause it's absolutely wild to me that this even made it out of the drafts.
    Chovner said:

To the five people who disagreed, are you mental or just masochistic?

I think there are trolls who just look to disagree on everything. I'm guaranteed to get 1 disagree on almost every post I make, I just wish I knew who it was
    Probably yeah lol looked at my name, tapped disagree and kept scrolling down without even reading everything.
  • ZuroZuro Member Posts: 2,842 ★★★★★

Zuro said:

Since I couldn't hold block or get to a special before him I just had to sit there and take sp1 to the face. I wonder if anyone even tested this meta with those defenders before pulling the trigger cause it's absolutely wild to me that this even made it out of the drafts.
    I have managed to get only ONE serpent match up without getting hit by a sp3. The rest he just shoots ups to sp3 from his base power gain, the power gain from near death, and rich gers richer. Literally have no idea how he passed the testing phase.
  • SeyuohSeyuoh Member Posts: 132 ★★

Is anyone actually enjoying this RNG mess? Cause after starting with crush twice in a row, the defender with unblockable once and getting an armor buff immediately after Galan throws an sp1 I'm already done.
    I don't think I have ever been this frustrated with a BGs meta lol good job Kabam, you got me malding for the first time ever 👏

As bad as this meta is, nothing and I mean NOTHING could ever be as bad as the season where it was basically have 5/5 in deep wounds- or lose every match. I can’t tell you how many times I wanted to let my phone catch flight that season.
  • captain_rogerscaptain_rogers Member Posts: 7,887 ★★★★★
    Zuro said:

Zuro said:

I have managed to get only ONE serpent match up without getting hit by a sp3. The rest he just shoots ups to sp3 from his base power gain, the power gain from near death, and rich gers richer. Literally have no idea how he passed the testing phase.
    If he launch a sp2, he gets another power gain buff lol.
    Seyuoh said:

Is anyone actually enjoying this RNG mess? Cause after starting with crush twice in a row, the defender with unblockable once and getting an armor buff immediately after Galan throws an sp1 I'm already done.
    I don't think I have ever been this frustrated with a BGs meta lol good job Kabam, you got me malding for the first time ever 👏

As bad as this meta is, nothing and I mean NOTHING could ever be as bad as the season where it was basically have 5/5 in deep wounds- or lose every match. I can’t tell you how many times I wanted to let my phone catch flight that season.
    I don't remember that meta (I've always had maxed dw though so that's maybe why) but at least you can get the mastery and there's no RNG involved. This meta on the other hand can and will screw you over at the worst times and there's not a damn thing you can do about it 💀

Zuro said:

Zuro said:

If he launch a sp2, he gets another power gain buff lol.
    Rubbing salt on the wound lmao
  • PikoluPikolu Member, Guardian Posts: 7,351 Guardian
    Seyuoh said:

I actually liked the sharpened claws meta. Was quite interesting, especially with its interactions with certain champions.
  • Average_DesiAverage_Desi Member Posts: 425 ★★★
    Using Valkyrie and getting unblockable is bad.
  • MethodMan69MethodMan69 Member Posts: 238
    Serpent going unblockable with 2 bars of power that's something no one wants to see
  • JT_SupremeJT_Supreme Member Posts: 1,169 ★★★★
    Marvel contest of chance
    Seyuoh said:

I didn’t have deep wounds unlocked so that season made me livid lol
  • BettaLucNxtTimeBettaLucNxtTime Member Posts: 167 ★★
    Double crush bullseye= a score of 3k
  • tnair2015tnair2015 Member Posts: 116

tell me about it!, lol...I was like thinking why photon went unblockable during basic hits 3 times in a row , it was that stupid crushed debuff, omg , kingpin dying to photon is a crime
  • Emilia90Emilia90 Member Posts: 3,341 ★★★★★
    Had the funniest bullseye fight. Started crushed with CGR, got an intercept and landed the power gain to reset it with an sp1, and he triggers unblockable. Already screwed up the rotation trying to get him out of being able to hit me through block, and he finally triggers something else after using an sp1. Launched an sp2 only to have crushed trigger again and it was ggs lmao
  • BettaLucNxtTimeBettaLucNxtTime Member Posts: 167 ★★
    Emilia90 said:

Had the funniest bullseye fight. Started crushed with CGR, got an intercept and landed the power gain to reset it with an sp1, and he triggers unblockable. Already screwed up the rotation trying to get him out of being able to hit me through block, and he finally triggers something else after using an sp1. Launched an sp2 only to have crushed trigger again and it was ggs lmao

Lol I used sunspot. Started crush, ate an l1, triggered crush again. Massive score of 3.8k
    tnair2015 said:

tell me about it!, lol...I was like thinking why photon went unblockable during basic hits 3 times in a row , it was that stupid crushed debuff, omg , kingpin dying to photon is a crime
    The worst part is when you get the crush afternoon your special and push her to pure light form, happened to me once with Red Goat I was fully clenched up hoping the other guy did worse than me. Nothing and I mean nothing could've saved me there, my fate was just sealed lol.
    Emilia90 said:

Let's play a game called Guess What Went Wrong?

Lmao this was absolutely embarrassing, I hadn't lost to a QS in such a long time but RNG decided it would give me crush and give him unblockable multiple times throughout the fight and since I couldn't block those whiplash debuffs decimated me, slowly but surely 🙃
  • BigBlueOxBigBlueOx Member Posts: 2,015 ★★★★★
    No skill required this meta, RNG only need apply
    Guess What Went Wrong? Part 2

Turns out getting crush at the start of the fight against a r3 Domino will get you fully clenched up in a matter of seconds, I just had a NDE
  • AzenstarAzenstar Member Posts: 66
    Love it!!
  • KLZKLZ Member Posts: 226 ★★
    Cool meta, you have to quickly adapt to buffs/debuffs, i really enjoy it!! I think skill matters a lot!
    It's far better than some very restrictive metas we had a couple seasons back, that some people liked, because they had huge rosters...