What's the deal with relic duplicates

HobospyHobospy Member Posts: 93
Are people actually pulling new relic types? I don't have a strong roster of relics and yet the past few months I haven't pulled anything other than duplicates, next opening I'm putting on my tin foil hat :#

Comments

• Ansh_AAnsh_A Member Posts: 581 ★★★
    Relics didnt take off, so they slowed down release of it and now there has not been a new relic in over a year.

The community isnt happy because nodes are still being released with relics needed as recently as the current month's event quest. With no new relics, you need to keep unbinding and binding the limited relic roster to champions you want to deal with these nodes. Thankfully, they removed the cost if unbinding and binsing
  • SummonerNRSummonerNR Member, Guardian Posts: 12,247 Guardian
    You can go into your Relics Roster, and filter on UN-OWNED.
    If you have basically all the relics that are available, then obviously you will be getting Duplicates from now.

Or otherwise do the math to see what the odds are to pull one of very few left that you may still not own.
  • tnair2015tnair2015 Member Posts: 116
    If you own all, just hoard them unless chasing prestige or something
  • captain_rogerscaptain_rogers Member Posts: 7,887 ★★★★★
    I have 8 6* relics and one of em is 60 sig valkyrie
  • DrZolaDrZola Member Posts: 8,893 ★★★★★
    There’s a type of magnetism to relics already on my roster. Like attracts like.

Dr. Zola
  • Bugmat78Bugmat78 Member Posts: 2,340 ★★★★★
    DrZola said:

Dr. Zola

I have this phenomenon with my 7* also lol - can't pull many new ones but plenty at sig 60-120 now.
  • HobospyHobospy Member Posts: 93
    4* relics (which are generally the ones I get to open) I own 22 (I think) and there are 24 unowned so definitely room to pull new ones
  • ahmynutsahmynuts Member Posts: 7,211 ★★★★★
    Bugmat78 said:

DrZola said:

Dr. Zola

I have this phenomenon with my 7* also lol - can't pull many new ones but plenty at sig 60-120 now.
    Falcon and Mysterio haunt my roster
  • ahmynutsahmynuts Member Posts: 7,211 ★★★★★
    Hobospy said:

4* relics (which are generally the ones I get to open) I own 22 (I think) and there are 24 unowned so definitely room to pull new ones

Well, if you think about it, every time you open a relic crystal, you have about a 50% chance of pulling something you already have.
    Hobospy said:

Huh ?
    Aren’t there only 24 Relics (per Star version), 4 of every class. If you got 22 of them, only 2 that you don’t have in 4*.

If Filter is showing otherwise, may be a bug with Unowned and Star combination pulling in unowned status of other star versions you don’t have.
  • HobospyHobospy Member Posts: 93
    Aaaahhhh that explains it and yes there is a big, the venom relic shows in both
    lol.
    And even if I’m just looking at the ones I own, it always wants to show me 2 extra (grayed out, unowned) as part of the view.
    (I think the same 2 extra, no matter which Stars I’m filtered on)