GC Meta

Comments

• JT_SupremeJT_Supreme Member Posts: 1,197 ★★★★
    I got 3 crushes within a minute against an r3 destroyer. Super fun fight🙂
  • KLZKLZ Member Posts: 244 ★★
    edited July 6
    As if the opponent has a different meta, lol..
    Improvise! Adapt! Overcome!!
    Ban Serpent, Destroyer and Galan!! Problem solved!! :D
  • ItsClobberinTimeItsClobberinTime Member Posts: 5,417 ★★★★★
    KLZ said:

You said skill matters, I just gave you two examples where it doesn't matter and I could easily give you more with other defenders (Photon and Bullseye mainly).
    You definitely didn't get the point lol.
  • KLZKLZ Member Posts: 244 ★★
    edited July 6
    So everyone above you in GC is just lucky with the RNG...
    edited July 6
    KLZ said:

So everyone above you in GC is just lucky with the RNG...

Against certain defenders? Absolutely, I just explained to you a lot of the meta defenders are RNG dependant on this meta and skill won't do anything for you. I gave you two examples, what's not clicking?
    If it really is about skill then explain to me how you would skillfully adapt to the scenarios I gave you which are quite common cause everyone has those champs in their decks.
    KLZ said:

Every meta has its big baddies.. even Colossus can be a Destroyer..So why complain now??
    The thing is you have to work around them, or deal with them, as always.. Everyone has a Kate, a Serpent or Onslaught nowadays, same rosters everywhere... it comes out to seconds, who beats Serpent or Bullseye faster.. that's just boring...
    But skill isn't just that, who punches faster and with less health lost; drafting is very important, and being one step ahead your opponent every single round.. you don't have to win 2-0 everytime, everyone knows/ does that.
    I think this meta is way entertaining, and doesn't favor roster strength (number of R3s) that much. If you can't ajust then wait for the next one..
    And it's GC, what do you want? We had so many nuke metas, that we really needed something else, and this really is something else :)

But hey, what do i know?? I don't live on the Forums, like others do..

Typed an entire Bible and was still unable to answer the question of how to counter both situations by "adapting", good job I guess 👏
  • smdam38smdam38 Member Posts: 1,396 ★★★
    Perfect response.
    KLZ said:

Thanks for the reply, thought i lost it:))) Btw when will they update the Forums? It's so broken!
    And yes mate, you are right, i am wrong. Have a nice weekend!!

Perfect response.
    KLZ said:

Thanks for the reply, thought i lost it:))) Btw when will they update the Forums? It's so broken!

I mean, I didn't say I'm right I asked you a simple question and now you're leaving without answering said question lmao.
    edited July 6
    smdam38 said:

Perfect response.

KLZ said:

Perfect response.
    Saying something like "perfect response" was a very bold move coming from someone who's constantly getting ratioed this hard
  • HungaryHippoHungaryHippo Member Posts: 919 ★★★★
    90% of BG/War metas since you-know-who joined have been trash. Hopefully this is the learning curve phase.
  • J0eySn0wJ0eySn0w Member Posts: 960 ★★★★
    KLZ said:

If what you’re trying to say is: It’s pointless complaining too much about it now, what’s done is done so make the best out of the situation. Then I get you.
    However, the opponent having the same meta doesn’t mean it’s an equal platform. Maybe, just maybe, playing several matches it might even up but there’s no way of knowing that. This is like in raids where some of your mates got Ultron but you didn’t for same the contributions. The rng level is powerful enough to tip the scale.
  • SeyuohSeyuoh Member Posts: 137 ★★

Seyuoh said:

Is anyone actually enjoying this RNG mess? Cause after starting with crush twice in a row, the defender with unblockable once and getting an armor buff immediately after Galan throws an sp1 I'm already done.
    I don't think I have ever been this frustrated with a BGs meta lol good job Kabam, you got me malding for the first time ever 👏

As bad as this meta is, nothing and I mean NOTHING could ever be as bad as the season where it was basically have 5/5 in deep wounds- or lose every match. I can’t tell you how many times I wanted to let my phone catch flight that season.
    I don't remember that meta (I've always had maxed dw though so that's maybe why) but at least you can get the mastery and there's no RNG involved. This meta on the other hand can and will screw you over at the worst times and there's not a damn thing you can do about it 💀
    After I’ve played some more matches in this current GC meta, I will 100% agree with you. This season definitely goes down as one of the worst.
  • captain_rogerscaptain_rogers Member Posts: 8,302 ★★★★★
    This gc meta is no way worse than magic thief meta imo.

Imo this one is worse, as much as I hated that one I feel like the solution for that one was just banning op defenders like Thing and Bullseye and then it was somewhat manageable but this one makes every single meta defender and absolute nightmare even with counters and the worst part is you don't know when disaster's about to strike. You can be chilling there against a Serpent under one bar when all of a sudden he drops a special and gets a crush on you, you're pretty much dead if you don't have a special ready.
    The RNG aspect of the whole thing means that 1. Whale rosters will always have the advantage because unlike previous metas there's very little skill involved and 2. RNG can absolutely ruin everything in a matter of seconds against meta defenders.
    Earlier today I had a match against an Onslaught with my r2 Silk, I was at 98% then he got a shock on him right before my sp2, my opponent finished with 81% but because he got that stupid shock on him I finished with 76% and lost. That kind of bs is just not fair, I was playing so well and then RNG just said "not today".
  • Emilia90Emilia90 Member Posts: 3,381 ★★★★★

Imo this one is worse, as much as I hated that one I feel like the solution for that one was just banning op defenders like Thing and Bullseye and then it was somewhat manageable but this one makes every single meta defender and absolute nightmare even with counters and the worst part is you don't know when disaster's about to strike. You can be chilling there against a Serpent under one bar when all of a sudden he drops a special and gets a crush on you, you're pretty much dead if you don't have a special ready.
    The RNG aspect of the whole thing means that 1. Whale rosters will always have the advantage because unlike previous metas there's very little skill involved and 2. RNG can absolutely ruin everything in a matter of seconds against meta defenders.
    Earlier today I had a match against an Onslaught with my r2 Silk, I was at 98% then he got a shock on him right before my sp2, my opponent finished with 81% but because he got that stupid shock on him I finished with 76% and lost. That kind of bs is just not fair, I was playing so well and then RNG just said "not today".
    Serpent is a nightmare this meta because of rich get richer. I tried Kushala against him but he kept gaining power faster than I could keep up and I timed out lmao
    Emilia90 said:

Serpent is a nightmare this meta because of rich get richer. I tried Kushala against him but he kept gaining power faster than I could keep up and I timed out lmao
    I've only been able to successfully beat Serpent a few times with Adam and Chavez, if I don't draft one of those I'm screwed. It sucks cause normally I do him with Kushala Doggo or Sassy but in this meta all of those three are extremely risky.
  • ZuroZuro Member Posts: 2,846 ★★★★★
    Emilia90 said:

The trick with Kushala this meta against serpent is just spam sp1s, everytime I've tried a sp2 with her I've got hit by a serpent sp3
  • EakomoEakomo Member Posts: 87
    Rng meta of crush and unlockables, the among of times the crush happens when you need to block a tricku special. Or you get too much buffs that pushes you past sp2. Not fun
  • phillgreenphillgreen Member Posts: 3,985 ★★★★★
    edited July 10
    Scored my highest ever points against bullseye at 52.3k with CGR.

But in the spirit of the thread. Same match also scored 8k with juggernaut, couldn't work out why the gem kept disappearing and buff heavy opponent just kept throwing specials haha.

One and done for today. I'll be happy to win one match for the crystal for the rest of the season.

• Fo_WiNKFo_WiNK Member Posts: 10
    Whether you win or lose in this meta is completely down to RNG. Not fun at all. In a way you’re not even playing a game to test your skill - just flipping a coin?!

So many comments of people saying this meta makes them do just the one fight in GC to get the objective for the Magnetron Crystal and then not bother … and it’s noticeable because previously sometimes it occasionally can take a while to find a match but at the moment in GC it’s taking an extraordinarily long time each and every time you try to find a match?! Which then puts you off bothering even more?!
  • captain_rogerscaptain_rogers Member Posts: 8,302 ★★★★★
    Quick question, Is 132 points enough to end at gamma 3? Current uru 1 top score is 125, and 5 hours remaining.

Quick question, Is 132 points enough to end at gamma 3? Current uru 1 top score is 125, and 5 hours remaining.

It should be, one hour to go and they barely went up to 127
  • jcphillips7jcphillips7 Member Posts: 1,392 ★★★★
    edited July 17

Mind checking Arcane 3 for me? Can't access my phone in my current work location. I pumped the brakes 169 last night.

Mind checking Arcane 3 for me? Can't access my phone in my current work location. I pumped the brakes at Arcane 3 with 169 last night.
    Arcane 3 is up to 170 unfortunately, I was actually on the last spot an hour ago so I think I'm gonna drop down to Gamma 1 too.
  • jcphillips7jcphillips7 Member Posts: 1,392 ★★★★

Mind checking Arcane 3 for me? Can't access my phone in my current work location. I pumped the brakes at Arcane 3 with 169 last night.
    Arcane 3 is up to 170 unfortunately, I was actually on the last spot an hour ago so I think I'm gonna drop down to Gamma 1 too.
    Eh, is what it is. I could probably squeeze in 1 more match, but I'm not really missing out on too much.