MCOC Zombies!!!

Strawhat11Strawhat11 Member Posts: 33
edited July 6 in General Discussion
I’m pretty sure lots of you have read or heard of Marvel zombies before. If not it’s an awesome read and I highly recommend! With October being around the corner I just wanted to float a concept for an event that could happen then. Marvel Zombies have Invaded the Battle realm help Frank Castle the Punisher handle the Infected champions. It Could just be reskins on already existing champions and maybe they could all have an immortality buff at the end! There a lots of different Nodes that would be perfect for this. (I guess it’s kind of like Marvel universe vs The Punisher.) I just think the Punisher deserves more love In this game any other survivor type hero would do. I think it would be a fun quest and instead of adding new champions what if the rewards we get for participating is Zombie Relics that would be awesome. What are your thoughts? What quest style would this best fit event? Special? Daily? Which champion’s should be infected? I’d say the usual suspects like Iron man, cap, spider man, hulk, Thor. Maybe even horror based champs like the werewolf by night or Dr Strange. Think of all the profile pics there can be. Maybe this can even fit into the story some how. Act 9 a undead act? Lol idk so much potential what’s everyone’s else thoughts should Marvel Zombies make a appearance into the battle realm?( Can they like is it aloud?)
https://i.pinimg.com/736x/7f/57/16/7f5716087e28aa58924a471164d00fce.jpg

Comments

• LexSaviLexSavi Member Posts: 216
    Fun fact: Marvel actually had the word “zombie” trademarked until 1996. They lost it because it had become so completely ubiquitous for the genre that they couldn’t possibly stop its wide usage (i.e. couldn’t actually protect the trademark).
  • SummonerNRSummonerNR Member, Guardian Posts: 12,234 Guardian
    LexSavi said:

Fun fact: Marvel actually had the word “zombie” trademarked until 1996. They lost it because it had become so completely ubiquitous for the genre that they couldn’t possibly stop its wide usage (i.e. couldn’t actually protect the trademark).

Did they create the word ? Or was Zombie an existing creature word in literature or folklore, that they just utilized and thus tried to trademark ?

I’m amazed that Lucas was able to have “Droid” trademarked, which is why Motorola had to license the word from Lucas in order to use it for their line of phones a while back (or maybe still ???). Not the full “Android”, just the shortened “Droid”.
    Don't know how Lucas can shorten an existing word that was (I believe) popularized way back in the days of Asimov (?) or maybe earlier ?, and be able to claim the “subset” of it like his own.
  • peixemacacopeixemacaco Member Posts: 2,260 ★★★★
    Agree! At least one Marvel Zombie

We had a discussion days ago about this
    Link= https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/370365/we-have-a-hulk-a-vampire-a-werewolf-now-we-need
    👍
  • EdisonLawEdisonLaw Member Posts: 6,054 ★★★★★

Kindred looks like a zombie, good enough eh

He’s not a zombie but rather a demonic being
  • Strawhat11Strawhat11 Member Posts: 33

Agree! At least one Marvel Zombie

We had a discussion days ago about this
    Link= https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/370365/we-have-a-hulk-a-vampire-a-werewolf-now-we-need
    👍

I checked out the thread and omg how come I forgot about Frankin Castle that would be perfect for Halloween lol we have a werewolf a vampire and frankistin punisher would be cool maybe also jack o lantern the villain
  • Strawhat11Strawhat11 Member Posts: 33

no. No zombies. I hate zombies. They're stupid. They're overplayed. Leave them out of Contest.

I do understand where your coming from zombies are everywhere I just think as a event quest or something for a limited time would be fun marvel zombies are at least a little more different than your regular zombies they can still talk some can use there powers and after they eat it’s like they remember everything or come to their senses I don’t think they should be added as full time champions but could be a fun mode to play for the holidays
  • Sundance_2099Sundance_2099 Member Posts: 3,169 ★★★★★
    edited July 6
    Only thing I ever liked with zombies in is Return to Castle Wolfenstein. If I ever feel the need to gun down N.azi Zombies, I'll reinstall that. Otherwise I don't want/need them in my media. kthnxbai