**KNOWN SPRING OF SORROW ISSUE**
We noticed a number of the Spring of Sorrow objectives aren't working properly, we are investigating and currently working on a potential solution.
We apologize for the inconvenience.
Options

You thought your BG matchmaking was bad…

Comments

• Options
    ButtehrsButtehrs Posts: 5,244 ★★★★★
    Dankeace said:

You're both in Vib III - what's the problem?

Idk maybe the fact that his roster is 5 times more powerful than mine lmao
    Skill issue. Your in gladiator circuit. Supposed to be able to go toe to toe with anyone and everyone. If you cant....well....skill issue.
  • Options
    BayouemBayouem Posts: 99
    I wonder how many solo points he has? An account like that is either not playing or farming points.
  • Options
    DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 19,138 Guardian
    Buttehrs said:

Dankeace said:

You're both in Vib III - what's the problem?

Idk maybe the fact that his roster is 5 times more powerful than mine lmao
    Skill issue. Your in gladiator circuit. Supposed to be able to go toe to toe with anyone and everyone. If you cant....well....skill issue.
    Says Vibranium 3. I guess Magus must be slow playing it to GC this season, although there’s still nine days to go, so there’s still lots of time left.
  • Options
    WacoWaco Posts: 2
    This whole season of bgs is bs matchups and kabam knows it. It's ridiculous
  • Options
    PantherusNZPantherusNZ Posts: 1,930 ★★★★
    The MATCH-UPS are not the problem; the seeding bug meant high-ranked accounts from the previous season were spread much lower down the tiers to start with; plus the inclusion of the Vision piece (and the "compensation" shards) in the higher tiers and the Megatron crystals in objectives mean more people are playing BGs than previously.

There are just more strong accounts in the competition so a higher chance that you'll run into them.
  • Options
    Waco said:

If only. I’ve been playing three separate accounts in BG this season at three completely different deck strength. I’m not saying widely disparate mismatches don’t happen, they are going to with the ladder structure VT has, but neither of my two lower accounts has run into a persistent string of impossible to win match ups, and neither has my main been the beneficiary of more than a tiny handful of unbalanced or forfeit matches.

Again, I’m not saying they don’t happen, but if they were common and widespread I would have seen it across hundreds of matches across three separate accounts playing at three completely different progressions and roster strengths. Statistically speaking, such issues (not just a single random mismatch, but long strings of them) have to be affecting only a very small percentage of the competitors.
  • Options
    Asher1_1Asher1_1 Posts: 299 ★★
    😂 I have faced many Celestial 6 players this season from 4loki ,NewN, chaos & I am a free2play valiant with only 2 R3 but I am doing great 👍
  • Options
    phillgreenphillgreen Posts: 3,925 ★★★★★
    Did you win?
  • Options

The MATCH-UPS are not the problem; the seeding bug meant high-ranked accounts from the previous season were spread much lower down the tiers to start with; plus the inclusion of the Vision piece (and the "compensation" shards) in the higher tiers and the Megatron crystals in objectives mean more people are playing BGs than previously.

There are just more strong accounts in the competition so a higher chance that you'll run into them.

I think the seeding bug isn't causing this directly, because everyone was equally (or nearly) affected by it. In other words, all the players who were in GC in S18 and would ordinarily seed into P1 should have seeded into D5, but instead seeded into G5. But they aren't facing the players who ordinarily seed into G5, those players were seeded into Bronze.

I think what the seeding bug did indirectly was cause players to *think* things were going to be harder this season, and decided to wait until later into the season to start their climb. This was a trend that was happening for several seasons now, and doing that causes lower tier players to linger in lower VT tiers deeper into the season.

This combined with the fact that some players who did not play at all in S18 but came back for the Deathless piece meant there was an influx of stronger players re-entering Bronze (because they would reset all the way to the bottom if they took off a couple seasons) and would be matching against anyone and everyone, unlike in previous seasons.

My guess is the latter is having a bigger impact on S19 than the former, but seeding is taking more of the blame.
  • Options
    PantherusNZPantherusNZ Posts: 1,930 ★★★★
    Because the seeding was a bug, while the increased participation was just the community being there. Everyone know we love to form a mob whenever Kabam does anything wrong :smile:

The seeding issue has been less and less of a factor as the season's gone on, but people complaining about strong teams in Gold were certainly hit by it.
  • Options
    YodaKajYodaKaj Posts: 96
    Whale wars
  • Options
    YodaKajYodaKaj Posts: 96

• Options
    HoadyOZHoadyOZ Posts: 243
    5 of the last 6 fights decided by forfeit, and the 6th probably should have. I dunno how new players are meant to be motivated by this.

• Options
    HaverTimeHaverTime Posts: 19
    DNA3000 said:

Waco said:

If only. I’ve been playing three separate accounts in BG this season at three completely different deck strength. I’m not saying widely disparate mismatches don’t happen, they are going to with the ladder structure VT has, but neither of my two lower accounts has run into a persistent string of impossible to win match ups, and neither has my main been the beneficiary of more than a tiny handful of unbalanced or forfeit matches.

Again, I’m not saying they don’t happen, but if they were common and widespread I would have seen it across hundreds of matches across three separate accounts playing at three completely different progressions and roster strengths. Statistically speaking, such issues (not just a single random mismatch, but long strings of them) have to be affecting only a very small percentage of the competitors.
    I'm a mid level Paragon player. I'm not disagreeing with you, but I do wish that as often as I tend to get match ups with Valiants with multiple R3 7* I would also get the same proportion of match ups weaker than I am. Would help me feel better about the balance lol. I seem to only bounce between other similar decks and much more powerful decks.
  • Options
    VaniteliaVanitelia Posts: 414 ★★★
    Seeding doesn't matter. Not everyone jumps into BG's when it goes live. There's not a fancy algorithm to determine matchups and they are random within the tier you're in.

Kabam has said that things will work themselves out soon, so we'll see. With almost everything in-game being progression-based, I'm still holding out hope they do a paragon+ BG and then everyone else or have a minimum requirement for deck PI.
  • Options
    WacoWaco Posts: 2
    I'm diamond right now and I still think it's bs so I'm still winning it just gets tiring
  • Options
    MarvelSPMAN14MarvelSPMAN14 Posts: 173 ★★
    How is this a skill issue? It’s literally impossible to beat some of these guys unless their game crashes or something
  • Options
    Waco said:

I'm diamond right now and I still think it's bs so I'm still winning it just gets tiring

If you're still winning and you don't like winning against easier players, why aren't you in GC by now. If you're winning every time, you could easily promote through Diamond and Vibranium.

You're getting easy matches because you're slow playing VT, and thus you are never catching up with the players your strength. If that's how you want to play, that's your prerogative. But don't complain about it, because this is entirely within your control.
  • Options

How is this a skill issue? It’s literally impossible to beat some of these guys unless their game crashes or something

Conversely, you're running into players significantly stronger than you, because you outraced the players your strength. You wanted to promote quickly, and so where ever you happen to be, the players of similar strength as you mostly haven't gotten there yet. If you promoted at roughly the same speed as most of the players your strength, you'd be where they are, and facing them. You promoted faster than they did, and as a result you have to face stronger players.

The game doesn't look for weaker players you can beat, it doesn't look for stronger players you can't beat. You face whoever is there. If whoever is there is much weaker than you are, its because you are progressing much slower than your strength peers. Conversely, if you are promoting much faster than your strength peers, you will catch up to and then have to face much stronger players.

This is intentional.
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,400 ★★★★★
    That's brutal.
  • Options
    BringPopcornBringPopcorn Posts: 3,942 ★★★★★
    Welcome to the reality of BGs, a lot of players wouldn't even have reached Plat2 if Kabam didn't give them a protected matchmaking.
    That went for too long and now people feel as if something was taken away from them.
    Apparently people think this will normalize, my opinion is that it won't, thet put 7* shards and titan shards, people and Kabam provided 10 victory shields (lol) which are being used to push higher than their means and next season they will be seeded higher than they should be.
  • Options
    edited July 12

Welcome to the reality of BGs, a lot of players wouldn't even have reached Plat2 if Kabam didn't give them a protected matchmaking.
    That went for too long and now people feel as if something was taken away from them.
    Apparently people think this will normalize, my opinion is that it won't, thet put 7* shards and titan shards, people and Kabam provided 10 victory shields (lol) which are being used to push higher than their means and next season they will be seeded higher than they should be.

Without the compensation shards, a lot of stronger players might sit out next season. So it is hard to say whether next season will be easier to promote in, or harder, relative to this one. But if seeding happens correctly, the path to GC will be substantially shorter in S20 than S19, and that might encourage players (at least the ones that jump in at all) to promote out of VT quicker.

It took me 149 matches to reach GC this season, compared to 118 last season; 26% more. However, I also reached GC in only 17 days, compared to 24 days last season. The implication is that it took more effort, but it was also much easier to reach GC this season than last season (easier, because having gotten there in fewer days implies that I was continuing to win at a reasonable percentage for longer stretches and thus encouraged to do more matches and promoting faster). I also reached D5 (the correct seeding spot for GC players) after 72 matches and 9 days, which is more than half my total effort to GC.

So much of the VT experience depends on how the other players behave, so it is difficult to extrapolate these numbers into S20. We'll need several seasons of the current system to really know.