**KNOWN SPRING OF SORROW ISSUE**
We noticed a number of the Spring of Sorrow objectives aren't working properly, we are investigating and currently working on a potential solution.
We apologize for the inconvenience.
Options

BattleGrounds deck issue ? Maybe ?

I really don’t have a problem with the matchmaking in BG. I understand it’s a huge game and i’ll run across players that are going to stomp my roster into the earths crust.. It is what it is. My big issue is the deck system. I play a few hours a day. Every day. And 95% of the time i know EXACTLY which champs i’ll get to choose from after bans. It’s so frustrating. I’ve tried different options to see if the AI will give me different choices but it’s always my mid tier champs. Does anyone else have this issue ?

I feel like once someone bans you should be able to choose from the rest of your 27 champs. I can’t count how many times i’ve picked my good ones and lo and behold, the perfect counter pops up every single time. I don’t think it’s a conspiracy or done on purpose lol.. i’m not that daft. but it drives me mad. there’s 5 champs on my roster that i have NEVER EVER been able to use. And they don’t get banned.

Comments

• Options
    WhiteKnightWhiteKnight Posts: 398 ★★★
    Mate I feel this, my first 14 matches in new GC meta I didn't draft Hulkling ONCE.

and now, my r3 serpent is banned 90% of matches but the ones where he isn't banned I don't draft him but EVERYTIME my opponent has? It's such bull ngl

Needs to be a white list champ where you have one or two champs guaranteed to pop up or something
  • Options
    Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Posts: 7,298 ★★★★★
    The game isn’t making deck decisions based on anything you’ve previously chosen. Random.
  • Options
    SummonerNRSummonerNR Posts: 11,734 Guardian
    Just to make sure, you’re not banning some of those from the other person's deck, thinking that they should still be available from your own deck (so long as opponent doesn’t also ban yours) ??

Any ban either side does takes affect for BOTH sides decks.

Other than that, it is random.
  • Options
    SooperSouljerSooperSouljer Posts: 7

The game isn’t making deck decisions based on anything you’ve previously chosen. Random.

maybe i worded this poorly because i don’t think it’s choosing my champs based on previous choices. i’m saying the “randomizer” isn’t so random. it’s giving me the same choices every single time. and it’s not just a 1 off, i’ve played BG for the past 5-6 seasons and it happens 95% of the time. it is what it is tho, i’m still going to play the game.

• Options
    Ayden_noah1Ayden_noah1 Posts: 1,541 ★★★★
    edited July 12
    You said you should be able to choose from 27 different champs. Not sure you are aware but bans count for both players. So unless the othe summoner is banning the same champs as you each time, you should be picking from 24-27 champs. 3 bans for each players makes total of 6 bans possible.
  • Options
    DanielRandDanielRand Posts: 441 ★★★★
    edited July 12

You said you should be able to choose from 27 different champs. Not sure you are aware but bans count for both players. So unless the othe summoner is banning the same champs as you each time, you should be picking from 24-27 champs. 3 bans for each players makes total of 6 bans possible.

True, but I never ban any of my own champs, and if OP does the same then we always have 27 to choose from
  • Options
    Ayden_noah1Ayden_noah1 Posts: 1,541 ★★★★

True, but I never ban any of my own champs, and if OP does the same then we always have 27 to choose from
    So you are saying you both ban the same champs each time. I find that hard to believe. So if you ban the other players champ it's a ban for both players and the same goes for the other person. If you ban say Hercules, Hulkling and Domino and the other person bans Onslaught, Bulleyes and Serprent. That means neither of you can choose those 6 champs. You don't just ban his champs you ban the champs for both players. If you are in sync enough with the ever other player in BG that the both of you always ban the same 3 champs I would be very impress.
  • Options
    DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 19,136 Guardian

maybe i worded this poorly because i don’t think it’s choosing my champs based on previous choices. i’m saying the “randomizer” isn’t so random. it’s giving me the same choices every single time. and it’s not just a 1 off, i’ve played BG for the past 5-6 seasons and it happens 95% of the time. it is what it is tho, i’m still going to play the game.
    I don't know how you can know (or perceive) that the random draw is not random 95% of the time, but I've never seen any evidence of this happening across three accounts and basically all the seasons.

Plus, you say the draft only selects your "mid" champs and then you say that when you pick one of your "good" champs the "perfect counter" shows up in your opponents draft. These are contradictory statements.

Tell me: how many of your thirty champs do you consider to be the "good ones" and how often do they actually appear in your drafts. Now that the game keeps a lot more history, its is actually possible to review the past twenty-something matches and see exactly who you used and who your opponents used in all two-three fights. You can literally just count them and say out of X fights, you used the champs you consider to be "good" Y times. Have you actually done that and seen the actual numbers, and not just gone from hazy memory?

• Options

i’m not sure how, probably just not paying enough attention, but i just realized that the ban counts both ways. so that part i wasn’t aware of. thanks for the info !!
  • Options
    DNA3000 said:

I don't know how you can know (or perceive) that the random draw is not random 95% of the time, but I've never seen any evidence of this happening across three accounts and basically all the seasons.

Plus, you say the draft only selects your "mid" champs and then you say that when you pick one of your "good" champs the "perfect counter" shows up in your opponents draft. These are contradictory statements.

Tell me: how many of your thirty champs do you consider to be the "good ones" and how often do they actually appear in your drafts. Now that the game keeps a lot more history, its is actually possible to review the past twenty-something matches and see exactly who you used and who your opponents used in all two-three fights. You can literally just count them and say out of X fights, you used the champs you consider to be "good" Y times. Have you actually done that and seen the actual numbers, and not just gone from hazy memory?

yea i said it’s my perception that i get the same champs to choose from every time. it’s not 1 to 1. that’s why i said 95%.. that’s just an arbitrary number i used to show that it SEEMS i get to choose from the same champs. it’s not exactly 100%. And when i said i ban and a counter pops up i mean for instance if i choose CGR, the opponent gets a Shuri. AGAIN i’m not saying this is every time all the time.. I’m saying that the AI seems to be a little more difficult to outsmart, which i’m not upset about it’s a tough game and i appreciate that.