BG Rankings For Progression

I see a lot of people commenting on BG match ups. Saying maybe your account should only be able to rank so high, skill issue, etc.

I too am having a hard time with match ups. I would call myself a mid level paragon (a couple R2 7*s and a couple R5 6*s). I would say I have a decent amount of skill. I've beat all WoW and SoS content with minimal (sometimes 0) revives. So I would call myself somewhat average/above average skill wise I guess? Unfortunately I've opened 40+ featured 6* crystals and have been left without a Serpent or a Bullseye (In a 6/7* rarity, no 5* Serpent either in over 60 featured 5* Crystals as well) so I'm missing a couple big defenders.

But more to my question, assuming average to above average skill, where should a mid level paragon get to? I'm currently on a 18 match streak of 2 wins and 16 losses. Of the 18 matches, 13 of them have had the legends title and most, if not all of them have had 10-15+ champions above 30k PI. Of the 5 without a legends title, 2 have been Valiant, 3 have been Paragon. Facing other Paragon players I have gone 2:1.

Where should accounts be ending up? I seem to hear the sentiment that certain progression levels just shouldn't be able to make it to the top ranks quite often. Just curious where that for most people?

Comments

• Archit_1812Archit_1812 Posts: 355
    Kabam aah screw up. Cry about it.
  • ahmynutsahmynuts Posts: 7,126 ★★★★★
    Assuming enough skill, patience and perseverance you could realistically be somewhere in the GC
  • mgj0630mgj0630 Posts: 1,087 ★★★★
    While it's not an answer to your question, I would point out that the legends title doesn't mean anything.

Once upon a time, it meant they had Corvus or Ghost, 5 uninterrupted hours to play, and a boat load of energy refills (the EQ Legend).

Then it meant nothing more than a devotion to clear zone 25 in Incursions, regardless of how many revives it took.

I don't have a legend title, and I've beaten every one that I faced this season.

Legend ≠ Amazing
  • HaverTimeHaverTime Posts: 23
    mgj0630 said:

While it's not an answer to your question, I would point out that the legends title doesn't mean anything.

Once upon a time, it meant they had Corvus or Ghost, 5 uninterrupted hours to play, and a boat load of energy refills (the EQ Legend).

Then it meant nothing more than a devotion to clear zone 25 in Incursions, regardless of how many revives it took.

I don't have a legend title, and I've beaten every one that I faced this season.

Legend ≠ Amazing

I have in the past run into lower ranked "Legends" before so I definitely agree. I just found the stat weird as I was looking through my match history. Feels like quite a high percentage of people with that title. Most people that were willing to put in the time to achieve that would likely be willing to put in the time to grow an account would be a loose correlation I assume.
  • WhiteKnightWhiteKnight Posts: 450 ★★★
    mgj0630 said:

Legend ≠ Amazing

I actually disagree with this... the legends title itself is easy to obtain but it just shows the player has that extra devotion to the game; I have a legends title and I'd say I play this game more than most of the people I know, I push further and am willing to complete everything that comes up helping my skill improve and expanding my roster.

I'd say thats the same to most of Legends I come across
  • WhiteKnightWhiteKnight Posts: 450 ★★★
    edited July 15
    @HaverTime

Realistically a matter of where you should land is GC minimum, see what happens from there but back when BG first dropped i remember getting my ass kicked by people with double figure r3 6* or at least zero 5* in their deck when I only ran 5* and I have reached GC every single season.

And now it's much easier with the way you earn trophies, you just have to keep pushing as all it takes is a 2/3 winstreak to progress the next tier

You're clearly skilled so it's just purely down to resilience now... also, one necro run and 100% act gets you valiant for free, very easy content should be getting done ASAP if you really want to compete higher

@HaverTime

Realistically a matter of where you should land is GC minimum, see what happens from there but back when BG first dropped i remember getting my ass kicked by people with double figure r3 6* or at least zero 5* in their deck when I only ran 5* and I have reached GC every single season.

And now it's much easier with the way you earn trophies, you just have to keep pushing as all it takes is a 2/3 winstreak to progress the next tier

You're clearly skilled so it's just purely down to resilience now... also, one necro run and 100% act gets you valiant for free, very easy content should be getting done ASAP if you really want to compete higher

I'm working my way through 100% Act 8. I always try to 100% the first 3 difficulties of the EQ along with Thronebreaker for the units/rewards. That uses a bunch of energy. Once those are done, I plug away on a few paths of Act 8.
  • SummonerNRSummonerNR Posts: 12,163 Guardian
    How high up within G.C. are you currently ?

• mgj0630mgj0630 Posts: 1,087 ★★★★

mgj0630 said:

Legend ≠ Amazing

I actually disagree with this... the legends title itself is easy to obtain but it just shows the player has that extra devotion to the game; I have a legends title and I'd say I play this game more than most of the people I know, I push further and am willing to complete everything that comes up helping my skill improve and expanding my roster.

I'd say thats the same to most of Legends I come across
    I'm a bit confused by your disagreement then.

You said yourself that it shows an "extra devotion to the game."

That's not synonymous with being an amazing player, or having a stacked roster.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not suggesting that some legends aren't great players or that they don't have stacked rosters. Rather that not all legends are amazing players with stacked rosters.

Ultimately what I'm getting at is that players in BGs shouldn't automatically assume that facing someone with a legends title makes the outcome a foregone conclusion.
  • PT_99PT_99 Posts: 3,921 ★★★★★
    If you are mid level Paragon with decent skill with 0 revives usage in WoW SoS fights, then what's stopping you from doing Necro and act-8 100%? To get Valaint and get 7r3 at fast pace?

Your deck is holding you back, so don't be surprised if you lose in upper ranks of BG.
    And stop opening 6* featured, I don't have 6* serpant onslaught Kushala neither their 7* version, still I reached GC a week ago. (6* Bullseye from Nexus 🙄)

Yes those defenders can help but just ban them LOL.
    PT_99 said:

If you are mid level Paragon with decent skill with 0 revives usage in WoW SoS fights, then what's stopping you from doing Necro and act-8 100%? To get Valaint and get 7r3 at fast pace?

Your deck is holding you back, so don't be surprised if you lose in upper ranks of BG.
    And stop opening 6* featured, I don't have 6* serpant onslaught Kushala neither their 7* version, still I reached GC a week ago. (6* Bullseye from Nexus 🙄)

Yes those defenders can help but just ban them LOL.

It's easy to say just ban them. But when you are missing those big defenders in your deck you leave a much more narrow focus for others to ban on your team. Having Serpent, Bullseye, and a few others can be easy bans by opponents and leave some counters on your team available. It creates more of an avenue for victory when you force an opponent to ban a champion they may also have.

As I mentioned above, I am working towards getting valiant. It doesn't happen overnight.
  • willrun4adonutwillrun4adonut Posts: 4,051 ★★★★★
    You should stop doing EQ (especially the first three difficulties as you said) and focus on story content. Of you really are doing WoW and SoS and getting solos, then getting valiant and doing necro shouldn't be that hard. If you must do EQ, just do the one difficulty. You're using a ton of energy for very little rewards in relation to it.

Getting valiant with the increase in rewards will be the most beneficial to your BG climb.