6* magik

Comments

• LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Member Posts: 8,672 ★★★★★
    Magik would not be OP. We heard for years that SW would be OP at higher rarities. Turns out that was false. Herc and Quake are the only champs that would be OP as 7*s.
  • xNigxNig Member Posts: 7,329 ★★★★★
    I love Magik. Would love that she'll be added as a 6* at least. But I gotta say, that limbo ain't gonna be fun to deal with.
  • DaddriedaDaddrieda Member Posts: 1,636 ★★★★
    And her playstyle excel from many champions since there is something about her forward dash attack that just really hit the AI when they rise up. I’ve had so many successfully multiple hits while power locking back to back. Unfortunately her being a 5* will take huge block damage so if you’re a fan of domino then investing a synergy team that increase the block numbers and investing in mastery at the defense tab screen can make a difference.
  • UltragamerUltragamer Member Posts: 565 ★★★
    ahmynuts said:

It's not about how fast a champ can do something. It's about what they can do

Problem with that is half her best fights she isn’t a top counter to any more. Terrax abs and many others better. Or others that heavily rely on specials like onslaught I wouldn’t use her for due to speed issues already and just overall not a great counter. Zero reason she shouldn’t be a 6* already especially with what we got today.
  • PantherusNZPantherusNZ Member Posts: 2,026 ★★★★★
    At this stage you can bet your bottom dollar that if she's ever released as a higher rarity it will be behind paywalls like the final objective of Banquet or something. There's NO WAY they're going to give her out for free any time soon.
  • AzKicker316AzKicker316 Member Posts: 2,404 ★★★★★

At this stage you can bet your bottom dollar that if she's ever released as a higher rarity it will be behind paywalls like the final objective of Banquet or something. There's NO WAY they're going to give her out for free any time soon.

Don't give them any ideas!!!! Jk

They are aware of how bad folks want Magik, and I'll throw in Quake. It's absolutely true that in today's game, having them as 6*s won't be game changing. I really hope at least 6* Magik comes in this year, but it wouldn't surprise me that first cracks at her will be for whales.
  • NojokejaymNojokejaym Member Posts: 4,111 ★★★★★
    smdam38 said:

Magik was horrible before her buff. Everyone hated getting her. It was all about getting Scarlet Witch and a dupe and easily beating everything.

Current Magik as a 6 or 7* would be fine I think?

People complain about Herc, but then you have Ronan and Hulk almost perma stun cheese.

The limbo might be a little op depending on how it scales.

I liked magik more before she got buffed tbh
  • ShashankGuptaShashankGupta Member Posts: 415 ★★
    Ok just nerf her power lock debuff and reduce limbo damage but pls bring her as 6 star so we can use her instead of not using a 5 Star Max ascended magik
    Same story for quake remove concussion and change it physical vurnability and bring her as 6 star instead of not using a 5 Star ascended quake
  • BringPopcornBringPopcorn Member Posts: 4,472 ★★★★★
    Rofl I keep on laughing at the idea that some people think she would be brought as a 6*...
    If she is brought back it will be at 7* of course, and a 6* so people don't cry about it and can be "satisfied" with a poor mans 6r5 ascended...
    And then they will cry about whales with 7r3s in BGs...
  • BringPopcornBringPopcorn Member Posts: 4,472 ★★★★★

EdisonLaw said:

TyEdge said:

Bendy said:

PT_99 said:

7r3 juggs ending fights with single sp2 in 30 seconds is not a problem
    But 6* Magik spamming sp2 again and again is problem 😃

Logic ❌

Because u can shut down jugs by non damaging debuffs magik theres no counter to limbo simple as
    Pacify
    Power control
    Ability accuracy reduction
    Gladiator hulk
    Or wmodifying 6-star Magik so her limbo damage only scales with base attack. (Probably requires “creating” her as a new champ like the ROL champs)
    Ghulk is outdated and needs a buff, nobody uses him anymore
    Dude your argument was that Magik would give value to Blade rofl...

I guess some people never played Magik....
    Its not about the limbo is the fact that unless they make a specific counter node like they did with Hercules, she can corner you in the wall and just spam sp2 for the whole duration of a fight.
    Wth have Bullseye and Onslaught have anything to do with the argument that she would probably cheese 90% of content...

There is literally a handful of champions and a few nodes bow that prevent power steal/drain/lock along with nodes that lock specials/drain your power, and debuffs immune nodes, as well as cleansers, purifiers etc along with plenty of counters that kill her simply existing like Human torch and some that will damage her plenty like onslaught.

She would be god tier for sure, but she is no quake, and we can't pretend she is a one key fits all character like quake. At least 25% of the playable roster and many node combinations hard wall her these days.
    So in order to prevent her from cheesing everything after release is put a combination of power drain/lock immunity, stun immunity,, energy resistance, heal block, debuff immune...
    Nah thanks I rather not have her.
    Are you here to just put stupid comments? Her limbo damage is just "ok" for a couple seconds per special. If they're drain immune you can't steal their power, she's shut down, if they're debuff immune they'll still keep gaining power and you can't corner them, if they cleanse same story, if they lock your power at one same story. A lot of champs can't be drained or locked as is by default these days. You don't need these intricate node combinations you've put to shut her down, you need one node, or one champion, it's not really that hard. If you think Magik would be gamebreaking in most modes these days even as a 6* you're out of your mind. So many niche "you need these champions toget through path" so many cleanse nodes, so many debuff immune on knockdown nodes. Especially with the specific catch and receive nodes.
    I am sorry my comments are so stupid, I am going to use your extremely smart ideas to open a thread about why we should get a 7* Hercules...
    I mean there are plenty of nullifying champs right? Also stagger... Nodes that can counter him and blablablah... I bet you feel so smart...
  • smdam38smdam38 Member Posts: 1,367 ★★★
    edited July 17

smdam38 said:

Magik was horrible before her buff. Everyone hated getting her. It was all about getting Scarlet Witch and a dupe and easily beating everything.

People complain about Herc, but then you have Ronan and Hulk almost perma stun cheese.

She was the worst champion to get before she got buffed.
    Her and Colossus were horrible.
  • xNigxNig Member Posts: 7,329 ★★★★★

Ok just nerf her power lock debuff and reduce limbo damage but pls bring her as 6 star so we can use her instead of not using a 5 Star Max ascended magik
    Same story for quake remove concussion and change it physical vurnability and bring her as 6 star instead of not using a 5 Star ascended quake

Nerfing Magik's power lock and limbo damage will not make her Magik anymore. Tbh if they were to do that, her damage will need a big buff up.

Her style is more of controlling a fight. So removing any aspect of that will render her much more ineffective.
    She’s fine.
    You can pretty much stun lock ANY opponent with Ronan or Hulk.

5* Ronan can cheese how many fights in Abyss?

smdam38 said:

You obviously don’t remember old magik.
  • PT_99PT_99 Member Posts: 4,094 ★★★★★

Same energy of, "Uhhh okk, nerf Hercules immortality to 3 seconds, with no unblockable, feats reduced to 5 and uhhh, also remove his stun immunity so that he can be uhh 7*"

Stop it, people are laughing at you.
    I’m not laughing at either of you. But it’s still kind of wrong.

It’s the game. I think I’m going back to Candy Crush.
    This place is toxic.
  • Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Member Posts: 7,419 ★★★★★
    The more you want something, the more likely you’ll spend money to get it.

Gamification technique. Works.
    I kind of like the term gamification.
  • Archit_1812Archit_1812 Member Posts: 478 ★★
    Ya'll we need @DNA3000 on this thing.
    smdam38 said:

smdam38 said:

She was the worst champion to get before she got buffed.
    Nah idk what it was but I really enjoyed using her
    smdam38 said:

smdam38 said:

I remember her perfectly fine, still had power control and I liked the way she healed back from damage instantly it saved me a lot
    edited July 17
    She was bad before buff.

smdam38 said:

smdam38 said:

I remember her perfectly fine, still had power control and I liked the way she healed back from damage instantly it saved me a lot
    What’s your “remember” rate? Like how long ago?
    Do you remember 2018 Magik?
    How did her “power control” work?

How did she heal back?
  • Little_Crocodili29Little_Crocodili29 Member Posts: 309 ★★★
    edited July 17
    I would love her to be a 6* at least.

I really don't care about what a pain in the butt she'd be defensively. She used to be hell to go against back in the day and we still played the game...

Strong defenders are everywhere anyway. We either get used to them or get counters for them eventually. And right now, with 7* R3s dominating I don't even think she'd be trouble.

I just miss playing Magik a lot and this post hit me with nostalgia big time.

I did ascend my 5* but I never took her out. It's not the same. 6* will be used less and less so yeh, while they're still somewhat relevant I don't see why not just add her to the mix and let us enjoy a great design of a champion (one of the greatest imo).
  • Jonnathan05Jonnathan05 Member Posts: 61
    Why is everyone so afraid of that limbo? Falcon shuts it down.
    The power control? In the days dormammu even had a better power control, but he has **** damage output.
    Magik now as a 6* won't be broken
    Guaranteed power control as she is now?
    Even without limbo?

Would be amazing.
    With Limbo?, possibly op.

MD 5 and limbo and power burn, might be a little much.
    edited July 17
    smdam38 said:

smdam38 said:

smdam38 said:

What’s your “remember” rate? Like how long ago?
    I’ve been playing this game for 9-10 years i remember, she was one of my favourite champs. I was one of the few that didn’t like the limbo change. I grew to accept it.
  • cur53dcur53d Member Posts: 301 ★★
    A 6* Magik would make a lot of people feel better about pulling a 7* Blade