**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

1st lesson of 2018: No expectations on new champs (sad truth)

bloodyCainbloodyCain Posts: 910 ★★★
From the recent post from Kabam Miike on Sentry, he basically is saying that it's better to not have any expectations on new champs especially if they are ppwerful in the comics. Why? Because KABAM loves to 'balance' the game. Yup, 'balance'.

Even better, please have no hype at all on new champs 'cause not all will be great as in the comic. Basically, KABAM wants us to play the game using the same basic fighting mechanics for all champs but with different skin. I mean the mechanics is the same for all except abilities anyway. Forget your attachment on the champions in the comic but focus on the fighting mechanis a.k.a. please un-alive your love towards Marvel characters.
This is a sarcastic just in case you don't understand.
If people's expectation don't match with champion's character design in the game, then KABAM just made a huge mistake.

Comments

• DarkestDestroyerDarkestDestroyer Posts: 2,870 ★★★★★
    I would love it if they buffed Sentry to stop the whinging, and at the same time nerfed SL, Blade, AA, GP, Hyperion.

Would everyone be happy then?
  • VulcanMVulcanM Posts: 664 ★★
    @bloodyCain

I take it you never use Blade, AA, Iceman, DV, GP, or SL in the game. You know, because that would be hypercritical of you. Seeing as they are all well OP (like REALLY OP) than their in-comice characters. You simply wouldnt use them at all would you mate?

You would never use SL to beat Thor?
    Or use GP to beat Hulk?
    Or use Blade to beat Ultron?
    Or use AA to beat anyone?

Coz that wouldnt make sense at all would it

your forgetting magik, ghost rider, plus all the other demi god tier champs
    there are less champs that are absolute garbage than god/demi god tier so stop your complaining
    VulcanM wrote: »
    there are less champs that are absolute garbage than god/demi god tier so stop your complaining

if anything they should nefr a couple more good champs to "balance" the game
  • I would love it if they buffed Sentry to stop the whinging, and at the same time nerfed SL, Blade, AA, GP, Hyperion.

I'm all for it.
  • I would love it if they buffed Sentry to stop the whinging, and at the same time nerfed SL, Blade, AA, GP, Hyperion.

I'm all for it.

While they are at it they need to take away all of kingpins abilities since he shouldn't have any, for that matter they should just remove him from the game. He should've never been added to begin with.
  • Nexus_UY_ScutiNexus_UY_Scuti Posts: 480 ★★
    I think we all learned the lesson waaaay before 2018. The likes of Carnage being rubbish while Magik being God Tier? Or how Dr Strange can now be easily defeated by Starlord? Or how Starlord can basically faceroll everyone?

This game was never meant to reflect the actual power level of the characters in the comics.

How strong is Dr Voodoo in the comics anyways?
  • RaganatorRaganator Posts: 2,498 ★★★★★
    Let's not forget the claim the Green Goblin was pitched as the answer to MD in AW.
  • I think we all learned the lesson waaaay before 2018. The likes of Carnage being rubbish while Magik being God Tier? Or how Dr Strange can now be easily defeated by Starlord? Or how Starlord can basically faceroll everyone?

This game was never meant to reflect the actual power level of the characters in the comics.

Maybe you should try reading the comics, then you would have a better understanding why players are upset. Not trying to be rude just saying that people that don't read the comics really don't understand why people are upset about this.
  • TheMageHunterTheMageHunter Posts: 711 ★★
    Tbh I don't care if sentry is not a god tier but I thought we had an understanding kabam. In NYCC you said something like making champions that classify as amazing tier or above wheres sentry looks nowhere near that level even with void synergy I still think his damage would be nothing too exciting. My spidergwen has more uses than sentry
  • beyonder8421beyonder8421 Posts: 881 ★★★
    As a general rule, you should always wait for the champion to come out and be reviewed by the community before making decisions.

Medusa and Stark Spidey are not "awesome" compared to other characters in comics and movies and yet, they are gods. Same about Blade. While Kabam is the "one" making these champions playable, is it that bad if the champion is not what you expected?

There were some champions that were a let down, every year. Cable, Venom, Spider-Gwen, Carnage, Sentry... It can happen, but this kind of happens in other games (Street Fighter comes to mind). I think some people expected Sentry to be god tier, wasted ODINs on him, ranked him up and then found out he wasn't worthy of all that. I think that is why Kabam now has the community program. Perhaps youtubers weren't quick to find out these problems.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,552 Guardian
    bloodyCain wrote: »
    From the recent post from Kabam Miike on Sentry, he basically is saying that it's better to not have any expectations on new champs especially if they are ppwerful in the comics. Why? Because KABAM loves to 'balance' the game. Yup, 'balance'.

Even better, please have no hype at all on new champs 'cause not all will be great as in the comic. Basically, KABAM wants us to play the game using the same basic fighting mechanics for all champs but with different skin. I mean the mechanics is the same for all except abilities anyway. Forget your attachment on the champions in the comic but focus on the fighting mechanis a.k.a. please un-alive your love towards Marvel characters.
    If people's expectation don't match with champion's character design in the game, then KABAM just made a huge mistake.

Dude, this is a collectors game with 2D fighting mechanics, not a holodeck. Every game like this based on Marvel or DC characters has an in-game justification for placing everyone on a similar and roughly equal power level because that's necessary. In every game like this, and also in most MMOs I've played, I've heard this objection. I believe it should be this, so if it is not its wrong. You're playing a game, and games have rules. They are not going to make a game where Thor can insta-kill 99% of the other characters.

If you got your hopes up when they announced the Sentry because you thought his name guaranteed he was going to be the most powerful champion in the game, that's unfortunate for you, because not only are you going to be disappointed in this game, but also by every other game of its type. No game developer does that, no game developer wants to do that, and no game developer is really capable of doing that in any reasonable game that can currently exist.
  • CuteshelfCuteshelf Posts: 747 ★★★
    DNA3000 wrote: »

Dude, this is a collectors game with 2D fighting mechanics, not a holodeck. Every game like this based on Marvel or DC characters has an in-game justification for placing everyone on a similar and roughly equal power level because that's necessary. In every game like this, and also in most MMOs I've played, I've heard this objection. I believe it should be this, so if it is not its wrong. You're playing a game, and games have rules. They are not going to make a game where Thor can insta-kill 99% of the other characters.

If you got your hopes up when they announced the Sentry because you thought his name guaranteed he was going to be the most powerful champion in the game, that's unfortunate for you, because not only are you going to be disappointed in this game, but also by every other game of its type. No game developer does that, no game developer wants to do that, and no game developer is really capable of doing that in any reasonable game that can currently exist.

That’s just it. NO ONE is asking for him to be god tier, same with carnage, people are upset because there is no place in this game to use him, other than arena or content he outranks by a huge margin.

People play this game because of the marvel licensing, so they can play with their favourite champions. Having your favourite champ unusable is a real kick in the pants.

The people getting upset and the ones screwed over by going for Sentry early, are more than likely, huge fans.

Kabam are just taking advantage of people’s hype over their favourite champions.
  • DNA3000 wrote: »

Then to "balance" the game every champ should have the same abilities, same moves, and same buffs. If your argument is that characters aren't and shouldn't be based at least somewhat on their comic book counterparts then making them all identical except for their skins is basically what your saying. Oh, and if they aren't based on their comic book counterparts then why even call it MARVEL contest of champions or have Marvel characters at all.
  • I think we all learned the lesson waaaay before 2018. The likes of Carnage being rubbish while Magik being God Tier? Or how Dr Strange can now be easily defeated by Starlord? Or how Starlord can basically faceroll everyone?

Maybe you should try reading the comics, then you would have a better understanding why players are upset. Not trying to be rude just saying that people that don't read the comics really don't understand why people are upset about this.

This is not the comics mate, never has been, never will be. It is a stand alone game

Again, then why is it called Marvel contest of champions if it's a stand alone game?
  • SirnoobSirnoob Posts: 952 ★★★
    I think we all learned the lesson waaaay before 2018. The likes of Carnage being rubbish while Magik being God Tier? Or how Dr Strange can now be easily defeated by Starlord? Or how Starlord can basically faceroll everyone?

This is not the comics mate, never has been, never will be. It is a stand alone game

Again, then why is it called Marvel contest of champions if it's a stand alone game?
    Artist interpretation Marvel changes there heroes story’s/power a lot why can’t kabam For there interpretation?
  • Sirnoob wrote: »

Artist interpretation Marvel changes there heroes story’s/power a lot why can’t kabam For there interpretation?

Marvel doesn't change their powers a lot. Show me some of those changes please.
    Sirnoob wrote: »

http://marvel.wikia.com/wiki/Decimation
    http://marvel.com/comics/issue/57908/doctor_strangepunisher_magic_bullets_infinite_comic_2016_1
    Few off the top of my head

http://marvel.com/comics/issue/57908/doctor_strangepunisher_magic_bullets_infinite_comic_2016_1

That was a limited special event. How about something where they changed someone's powers permanently. Shouldn't be hard since they do it a lot.

That was a limited special event. How about something where they changed someone's powers permanently. Shouldn't be hard since they do it a lot.
    http://marvel.wikia.com/wiki/Earth-2149

How about from cannon? Earth 616.
    edited January 2018

How about from cannon? Earth 616.

This game is not canon and the mods have stated multiple times it’s an alternative universe but for the xmen a bunch of new mutants lost there powers and never got them back could link u the comic if u want
  • MarzGrooveMarzGroove Posts: 903 ★★★

*sigh*
This discussion has been closed.