Negasonic Teenage Warhead - Am I missing something?

ChikelChikel Member Posts: 2,103 ★★★★
So I picked her up From a Titan, leveled her up then to ROL and she feels.... underwhelming.

No big numbers - red or yellow, zero immunities (Which is absurd in this stage of the game) and her precog feels disconnected from the rest of hers meagre abilities. Adds nothing to her damage or rotation. I stopped using it as I couldn't see the point. It seems to exist mostly as a Kate or Elsa counter (Who aren't difficult defenders) and to be mildly annoying on defense.

So does she need dupe, am I playing her wrong? (Cycling sp1 & 2) or is she just plain mid.

I like this girl and I really hope I'm just a stereotypical parent forever complaining that teenagers nowadays can't do anything because so far all I feel is disappointment.

Comments

• BendyBendy Member Posts: 5,713 ★★★★★
    edited July 18
    Chikel said:

So I picked her up From a Titan, leveled her up then to ROL and she feels.... underwhelming.

No big numbers - red or yellow, zero immunities (Which is absurd in this stage of the game) and her precog feels disconnected from the rest of hers meagre abilities. Adds nothing to her damage or rotation. I stopped using it as I couldn't see the point. It seems to exist mostly as a Kate or Elsa counter (Who aren't difficult defenders) and to be mildly annoying on defense.

So does she need dupe, am I playing her wrong? (Cycling sp1 & 2) or is she just plain mid.

I like this girl and I really hope I'm just a stereotypical parent forever complaining that teenagers nowadays can't do anything because so far all I feel is disappointment.

U would sp2 first then sp2 race sp2 then sp1 again or after one sp2 sp1 spam depending on how ai is with u keeping incinerates paused but if u can keep paused then its sp2 sp2 then sp1 if its in bgs then one sp2 then spam sp1s i normally do
  • PolygonPolygon Member Posts: 4,331 ★★★★★
    I'll just copy what I wrote on the other thread

Shes good if you dont care about BGs.

If BGs is your main priority then wait on ranking her until we hear from Kabam on her rebalance period, as how it stands now the damage is just too mediocre to be viable in BGs where time is often the deciding factor.

The dupe helps a lot but her playstyle completely falls apart when the AI is passive /has long specials as her incinerates will just fall off and the only way to refresh them is to get back to the sp1
  • PikoluPikolu Member, Guardian Posts: 7,336 Guardian
    She was designed to counter Bullseye, Attuma, Korg, and other skill defensive threats. Pretty much her whole kit is designed around that. If you use her vs bullseye, it is pretty fun. If you can full dex his sp2, then you'll have a really good time with her.
  • Herbal_TaxmanHerbal_Taxman Member Posts: 375 ★★★
    She’s a niche champ, but she’s totally unique and unique champs tend to hold their value. A kit that is built entirely on passives is really cool. She’s not for BGs, more for AW or tricky SoS-type content.
    JAYIRI said:

She's terrible and I fear the community has started to overlook that because top YouTubers are ranking her high on their tier lists instead of rebelling against this trash.
    Firstly, all that damage is PATHETIC a 6* r5 ascended is ticking for barley 2k after 1 Sp2??? And we're going along with it? A 7*r3 negasonic would tick for barely 3k after just an Sp2 which is supposed to be where her damage comes from. AT 40 STACKS SHE'S BARELY TICKING FOR 5K,THIS IS A RANK 3 7* CHAMPION BY THE WAY. Is this where we're going with 7* champions. Her release opened my eyes because this is just unacceptable. She needs A LOT more potency for her rebalance but y'all aren't speaking to much on it so kabam will think she's okay and not rebalance her.
    Secondly, her incinerates fall off too fast, there's no way to manage them consistently without losing huge chunks when going for the s2 they only pause for 1 second and don't pause during long specials meaning you have to play somewhat aggressively because you can't have them fall off. You cannot do back to back s2's because a large chunk of MEANINGLESS incinerates will fall off(they're meaningless because they practically do no damage).
    She needs an offensive tune up stat.
    A way to manage her incinerates so they last longer and can be consistently kept so it will be easy to hit the 40 stacks without having them fall off
    AND MOST IMPORTANTLY MORE POTENT INCINERATES.
    I do think she offers a lot of utility as far as countering skills go and those do not need to be touched on.

More like u want her to be huge dps than what she does i think shes fine for what shes suppose to do
  • ChikelChikel Member Posts: 2,103 ★★★★
    Pikolu said:

She was designed to counter Bullseye, Attuma, Korg, and other skill defensive threats. Pretty much her whole kit is designed around that. If you use her vs bullseye, it is pretty fun. If you can full dex his sp2, then you'll have a really good time with her.

She's not bleed immune though so that sp1 would wreck you
  • Emilia90Emilia90 Member Posts: 3,328 ★★★★★
    Chikel said:

Pikolu said:

She’s bleed immune against skills
  • ChikelChikel Member Posts: 2,103 ★★★★
    Bendy said:

JAYIRI said:

She's terrible and I fear the community has started to overlook that because top YouTubers are ranking her high on their tier lists instead of rebelling against this trash.
    Firstly, all that damage is PATHETIC a 6* r5 ascended is ticking for barley 2k after 1 Sp2??? And we're going along with it? A 7*r3 negasonic would tick for barely 3k after just an Sp2 which is supposed to be where her damage comes from. AT 40 STACKS SHE'S BARELY TICKING FOR 5K,THIS IS A RANK 3 7* CHAMPION BY THE WAY. Is this where we're going with 7* champions. Her release opened my eyes because this is just unacceptable. She needs A LOT more potency for her rebalance but y'all aren't speaking to much on it so kabam will think she's okay and not rebalance her.
    Secondly, her incinerates fall off too fast, there's no way to manage them consistently without losing huge chunks when going for the s2 they only pause for 1 second and don't pause during long specials meaning you have to play somewhat aggressively because you can't have them fall off. You cannot do back to back s2's because a large chunk of MEANINGLESS incinerates will fall off(they're meaningless because they practically do no damage).
    A way to manage her incinerates so they last longer and can be consistently kept so it will be easy to hit the 40 stacks without having them fall off
    I do think she offers a lot of utility as far as countering skills go and those do not need to be touched on.

More like u want her to be huge dps than what she does i think shes fine for what shes suppose to do
    And what is she supposed to do? Because I'm honestly struggling to see a reason to rank her. I'm considering Mr. Sinister and even Dust over her (At least she's a decent BG defender)
    edited July 18
    Emilia90 said:

Chikel said:

Pikolu said:

She’s bleed immune against skills
    She lowers bleed ability accuracy of skills by 100%*

If there is a node that increases ability accuracy, then she can be bled by skills
    Chikel said:

Bendy said:

JAYIRI said:

And what is she supposed to do? Because I'm honestly struggling to see a reason to rank her. I'm considering Mr. Sinister and even Dust over her (At least she's a decent BG defender)
    She has non contact passive effects meaning every skill she counters down from kp km korg attuma also as all passives tenacity she counters zemo basically counters every skill defender that would be a pain but she doesnt care as everything is passive is she slow on some fights yes but she does her job of countering every skill, plus shes a decent defender when need to as her evade as we run her in war defense and has been getting kills last season like she is useful than u think since her sig is actually menacing
  • Silhouette1742Silhouette1742 Member Posts: 34
    Just recently awakened my r1 ntw from a titan and she’s really been putting in work. Definitely lacks damage and I do wish the evade mechanic could trigger manually on offense but overall not a terrible champ. Even at r1 I use her for any skill defender (minus fury) and she takes them down in about a minute. Rotation I use is heavy MLMs to sp2, heavy cancel into sp2 then spam 5 hit combos and sp1s.
  • PantherusNZPantherusNZ Member Posts: 2,010 ★★★★★
    This is really interesting - I just pulled her from my last Titan and had very mixed feelings but not totally unhappy, now reading this thread I'm more confused than ever! :lol:
    Polygon said:

Bendy said:

JAYIRI said:

Do you read what you type before you hit enter?

Just because someone thinks her damage needs a tune up, doesnt mean they want a huge dps change. Youre acting as if theres no options in between.

If you cant even accept that then why even comment on the thread?

An overwhelming majority of players have commented on her needing a damage increase, and look at the other champs in 2024 with all having mid or bad damage like her. If you think theres no problem with that, then youre part of the problem
    What because i like her how she is and know that her job was to counter skills which she does perfectly
    I dont play bgs competitively and when used yes i would win matches also not everyone enjoys war or bgs sometimes people just care if there fun like i have a r3 deathless angela gwen because there fun i couldnt care how fast they do bgs and also negasonic is a dual threat she can be placed as a defender and she would secure the win
  • WednesdayLengthWednesdayLength Member Posts: 1,012 ★★★
    Bendy said:

Chikel said:

Bendy said:

JAYIRI said:

She has non contact passive effects meaning every skill she counters down from kp km korg attuma also as all passives tenacity she counters zemo basically counters every skill defender that would be a pain but she doesnt care as everything is passive is she slow on some fights yes but she does her job of countering every skill, plus shes a decent defender when need to as her evade as we run her in war defense and has been getting kills last season like she is useful than u think since her sig is actually menacing
    She doesn't counter nick at all, and doesn't work against kingpins unstoppable
  • ThePredator1001ThePredator1001 Member Posts: 776 ★★★★
    Also just an FYI, her parry stun passive isn’t affected by the limber mastery so in BG you can get a MM combo and lead into a full combo after that off 1 parry if you’re fast enough. Helps me ramp her up faster.
  • J0eySn0wJ0eySn0w Member Posts: 939 ★★★★

This is really interesting - I just pulled her from my last Titan and had very mixed feelings but not totally unhappy, now reading this thread I'm more confused than ever! :lol:

She’s not a bad champ at all. In matchups where her passives are called for, you have a very good counter, and of course another Bullseye counter. Now besides those matchups, she’s not any special nor better than the counters you most likely already have. I think she’s needs a little improvement. I’d be surprised if they don’t especially since the mutant class fell behind big time and needs some bump.
    Some improvement in damage and survivability due to very low health and no damage mitigation. And some really usefulness with her sp3 for long form contents.
    Polygon said:

Bendy said:

Polygon said:

Bendy said:

JAYIRI said:

Do you read what you type before you hit enter?

Just because someone thinks her damage needs a tune up, doesnt mean they want a huge dps change. Youre acting as if theres no options in between.

If you cant even accept that then why even comment on the thread?

An overwhelming majority of players have commented on her needing a damage increase, and look at the other champs in 2024 with all having mid or bad damage like her. If you think theres no problem with that, then youre part of the problem
    What because i like her how she is and know that her job was to counter skills which she does perfectly
    When theres like 10 other champs that can get a higher score against the defenders she takes "perfectly" in BGs?
    Here's the funny thing, if NTW released "as is" before BGs existed, then people probably would really like her a lot more just because of her utility and being able to play fights safely. Lots of people enjoyed the slower, yet safer, champions because they were more useful in war and better to quest with.
  • EdisonLawEdisonLaw Member Posts: 6,000 ★★★★★
    I can see the CGR curse still affecting many players.

Damage isn’t everything. She has all non contacts, and is the only champion so far to inflict only passive debuffs. She can take 98% of the skill class, like Killmonger, Korg, Attuma, Mole Man, Nick, Bullseye, etc.

Do I want a damage buff for her? Sure it would be nice, but having that much versatility makes her relevant. Plus she is a good defender
  • Karatemike415Karatemike415 Member, Administrator, Moderator, Content Creators Posts: 724 Content Creator
    EdisonLaw said:

Damage isn’t everything. She has all non contacts, and is the only champion so far to inflict only passive debuffs. She can take 98% of the skill class, like Killmonger, Korg, Attuma, Mole Man, Nick, Bullseye, etc.

Yup, her utility set against the Skill class is super broad. As someone said above, she doesn't counter Nick Fury's Second Life or Kingpin's Special 2... If those are the only Defensive RPG mechanics from the Skill Class she doesn't stomp on, that seems pretty solid to me.

I've personally been assigning her in War to stomp through Bullseye on Conflictor with nothing but success.
  • EdisonLawEdisonLaw Member Posts: 6,000 ★★★★★
    Crcrcrc said:

She obliterates a ton of annoying skill defenders. That alone makes her crazy valuable. I’m taking mine to r3.

Nagase also has a r3 NTW
  • captain_rogerscaptain_rogers Member Posts: 7,819 ★★★★★
    Negasonic isn't getting a buff y'all need to understand. She's pretty ok. She has so much utility, Can literally kill every damn skill champ at 95% health.

Her damage is definitely underwhelming for bgs, But if kabam is going to tune her damage up, they most likely have to remove some of her utilities from the kit. Or she will end up like Nimrod, Every other skill champ most likey start to get incenerate immunity. Skill lanes (that second wind lane in aw) start to have random incenerate immunity nodes (Look at path 6 mutant path in aw how it punishes shock mainly to counter nimrod cheese).

You either have a awesome skill counter who's medioce in bgs, Or a good bg skill class counter who is nerfed indirectly in any other mode.

I really want her to get a buff. I just think in kabam pov, they aren't going to buff champs unless they suck plainly like sable.