Does "rank up" anxiety ever go away?

Dirty_DozzDirty_Dozz Member Posts: 443 ★★★
As a Valiant who doesn't really spend all that much (and until recently was stupid with how he spent BG tokens), I'm not exactly swimming in T6cc. As such, whenever I get the resources to R2 someone, I hesitate pulling the trigger because it's always "what if I pull someone amazing soon after the rank up?".

Does there ever come a time where you just YOLO and rank people on a whim? Or is it always a game of "do I or don't I" to some extent?

Comments

• ButtehrsButtehrs Member Posts: 5,570 ★★★★★
    It varies person to person. Me personally I just rank up when I can. For now I keep it to level up 22hr events but whenever super event comes back it'll be whenever I want.
  • NightheartNightheart Member Posts: 2,043 ★★★★
    I m waiting for 7star Onslaught and still haven't got him my 6 star is rank 5 ascended
  • Rayven5220Rayven5220 Member Posts: 2,090 ★★★★★
    007Bishop said:

It's a game. It was never meant to be that deep. Rank 2 any champ you like even if you wouldn't r3 them immediately. Most people I know spend more time deciding what champ to rank up than playing the said champ - so it doesn't really matter. R2 resources are going to be more common eventually.

Dead on, I'm guilty of that myself.
    I spend way too much time deciding on who to rank, usually.
    Took me 2 weeks to finally decide to R2 my 7* Hype because I was figuring out who I could rank up, when, with what resources, when such and such rewards would come and what I could do with those. It was a ridiculous process I went through just to end up taking him to R2 in the end anyways.
    I could have had him ranked 2 weeks ago!
  • MoosetiptronicMoosetiptronic Member Posts: 2,144 ★★★★
    Ignore the disagrees opp... To help you feel better, I've 44 t6b and t3a, 8 skill and mystic t6cc, 11 science and tech t6cc and 12 mutant and cosmic t6cc. I've also a skill R3 gem and 6 t4a...

But I run suicides so every rank up, is carefully weighed up and the fear of pulling someone new is real. I'm sitting on a R2 shang, hulk, bishop, maestro, piggy, sauron, Joe, sandman, both deathlesses, venom, shuri, kushala,kindred, lady D, wiccan. (Warlock and titania already R3).

Plus a ton of r1s, including a few I'm tempted by; serpent, vox, Odin, gladiator, white tiger, America, overseer, black cat, xbones, dragon man, sunspot, gorr, peni, prowler, attuma, storm.....

But I just can't, because what if I pull onslaught, or chee'lith, Ultron, wwbn, or a bunch of others? It's torturous... 😉
  • SupermanojSupermanoj Member Posts: 101
    I just rank 2 whoever at this point. got 57 champs at rank 2 or 3 and I just pick whoever seems the most useful from the rank 1 champs remaining.
  • Bigfoot33Bigfoot33 Member Posts: 185 ★★
    Some rank ups are no Brainers. I like them, good for content, fairly easy to use, fun to use. If they don't fit at least 2 of those 4, I'm not ranking them.
  • Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Member Posts: 13,933 ★★★★★
    edited July 25
    I personally have a cosmic r3 gem and every good cosmic option available. And I still haven't used it despite not being "waiting" for anyone, but rather because its a choice between ~5 champions and I could regret it later on
  • BeastDadBeastDad Member Posts: 1,776 ★★★★★
    Don’t waste resources on anything other than elite pulls and you won’t have this problem.
  • captain_rogerscaptain_rogers Member Posts: 7,888 ★★★★★
    For 6*, I will never rank them up using catalysts.

For 7*, as soon as I have enough cats for r2, and a good champ, I'll r2 them. Always worked out for me. The only champ I regret ranking up was gorr. Got a lot of good cosmics after rankin him up
  • MattDRKMattDRK Member Posts: 194
    the anxiety disappears right after you do the rank up, dont consider that "if i got anything better in the future", for me this game is all about what you need to pass throught some quest, so if some champ fits the requirement, i probably should rank him up.
  • Batman_bruce31Batman_bruce31 Member Posts: 256 ★★
    I used to be in the same boat. But I started to realise that by the time I decide whether to rankup a specific champ, my eagerness and will to use the champ would die.

So I just rank up whoever I want and even If I do pull someone better, I don’t regret my choice and rank up the better one as soon as I get the chance
  • Ackbar67Ackbar67 Member Posts: 445 ★★★★
    If I don't have any champions I need at r2 immediately I'll wait to rank until I've got enough excess t6cc to be able to afford another. So once I get to 7 or 8 I'll do a rank up of someone I'd like at r2 but that hasn't been a necessity
  • HavanaknightHavanaknight Member Posts: 480 ★★★
    I’m ftp so I’m very frugal with my resources. I used to agonize over which champs to rank. Once your roster is fairly fleshed out, it doesn’t matter all that much. Also, the game has gotten to the point where you don’t need a specific champ to do any content outside of Everest. Story can be done by just about anybody. I keep enough on hand that if Everest content comes out I should be able to r2 or r5/ascend a needed champ. Other than that I might rank somebody here and there for fun or BG.
  • EdisonLawEdisonLaw Member Posts: 6,091 ★★★★★
    BeastDad said:

Don’t waste resources on anything other than elite pulls and you won’t have this problem.

Some people (like me) like to have fun and rank up some champs which aren’t necessarily considered meta
  • NightheartNightheart Member Posts: 2,043 ★★★★
    My anxiety is ranking up new champs and waiting for rebalance info
  • Toproller89Toproller89 Member Posts: 798 ★★★
    Buttehrs said:

It varies person to person. Me personally I just rank up when I can. For now I keep it to level up 22hr events but whenever super event comes back it'll be whenever I want.

You say that like you think it's definitely coming back
  • Chief_WiggumChief_Wiggum Member Posts: 75
    mostly no.. but i can flip flop on my decision.. was weighting a few champs and then waited until the new metas were released and then did a 180 and ranked up Spam because i always wanted to.

I tend to look at it as who i rank up needs to be a champ i'm using. BG/War are the main modes. What purpose am i ranking, offense/defense or dual threat.. i look for gaps in my tool chest to fill. I almost never regret a rankup unless i pulled a 7* after a 6* gets r5.
  • BendyBendy Member Posts: 5,763 ★★★★★
    I dont feel this as i always rank what i want so maybe its just u might not use them or might not be for u its something u adapt and do what doesnt make u feel that way when ranking up champs