What do you think of the champion Valkryie?

Comments

• Nemesis_17Nemesis_17 Member Posts: 2,196 ★★★★★
    For a few months straight there were metas that she just could not be used for, so everyone took her out of their decks. By the time she could be used again, people had moved on from her. She can still do fights quite well, in the rich get richer meta she was doing r3 sassys in 45s. Obviously that meta helped her out, but she still puts up solid times in regular metas.

She’s not as much of a nuke as she used to be, but she’s still a respectable attacker imo. Far from unusable in bgs. And in content she is exactly as good as she was beforehand, community sentiment around her just changed.
  • Emilia90Emilia90 Member Posts: 3,375 ★★★★★

For a few months straight there were metas that she just could not be used for, so everyone took her out of their decks. By the time she could be used again, people had moved on from her. She can still do fights quite well, in the rich get richer meta she was doing r3 sassys in 45s. Obviously that meta helped her out, but she still puts up solid times in regular metas.

She’s not as much of a nuke as she used to be, but she’s still a respectable attacker imo. Far from unusable in bgs. And in content she is exactly as good as she was beforehand, community sentiment around her just changed.

Yeah she’s still good. I’d love a 7* Valk. She’d be a top attacker easy
  • ErcarretErcarret Member Posts: 2,896 ★★★★★
    She's in a weird spot. Her sig ability is so critical to max out that I'm not sure how useful she'd be as a 7* for the foreseeable future. But then again, her sig only really allows her to become stun immune and ignore unstoppable, and she still has all of her other value in her basic kit, so maybe she could be a useful 7*. You'd just have to be aware that you can't take her into some of the fights that she's used the most for as a 6*.

But I do think she's still a great champion. She can sort of circumvent the random parry issues with her Bulwark buffs, but I nonetheless reckon that she'll get more popular once that issue is fixed. I think people are just wary about hitting into block in PvP content as long as that bug is there. That obviously hurt champions built specifically for that playstyle.
    Emilia90 said:

Yeah she’s still good. I’d love a 7* Valk. She’d be a top attacker easy
    Yea the 7* stat boost would return her to nuke status
  • Bugmat78Bugmat78 Member Posts: 2,357 ★★★★★
    I user her on map 8 AQ every week. No issues with the reparry from hitting into block issue. Would love a 7* version so I could stat focus block penetration.
  • Average_DesiAverage_Desi Member Posts: 492 ★★★

How 45s? What's the rotation
  • PolygonPolygon Member Posts: 4,382 ★★★★★
    Shut down by nodes that punish buffs
    Punished by the AI issues

Why use Valk when you can use masacre? Aside from unstoppable he does fights way faster and isnt AI reliant

How 45s? What's the rotation
    45s was only due to rich get richer in the meta, where she was being fueled by passive power gain which let her spam specials faster. In regular metas she’d probably take 60-65s which isn’t bad, but definitely different from 45s.

The rotation I use is just get to an 8 combo, do a LLLL combo to get to 12 which gives me a pierce and inverts my combo, then MLLM combo to get me back down to 8 which gives a bulwark and reverts my combo. Repeat 2 more times until I have 3 of each buff, then just combo normally and race to sp2s. Then obviously throw them into block and hit block while you have the fury up.
  • Joker1976Joker1976 Member Posts: 678 ★★★
    Loved her at first,..although i think she fell off fast.
    She seems kind of niche now,..too slow in Battlegrounds and not always the best option for other content.
    Considering the other heavy hitters in the skill class just as 6*’s and the some very decent ones available as 7*’s,..i left my 6* at r4 sig 200 and haven’t used her in ages.
    She’s a “safe bet”…but nothing that a big chunk of the skill class can’t handle…and faster.
  • BeastDadBeastDad Member Posts: 1,797 ★★★★★
    She's slightly fallen off with time.
  • Joker1976Joker1976 Member Posts: 678 ★★★
    I mean not the same class but…, when you look at “hit into the block champs”, there’s Hulkling and then there’s everybody else.
    Dudes a beast and can jump to different classes,..and requires little ramp up.
    Valkyrie doesn’t come close to touching that threshold.
  • captain_rogerscaptain_rogers Member Posts: 8,118 ★★★★★
    Not a big fan of her from the start... Shang better
  • PT_99PT_99 Member Posts: 4,079 ★★★★★
    Ortoun said:

Hard counter to unstoppable, but her playstyle of hitting into block is too risky to use most of the time, the AI being what it is. Shame, she was fun to play.

Dust hard counter unstoppable as well, so that flex has also fallen
  • PT_99PT_99 Member Posts: 4,079 ★★★★★
    Bugmat78 said:

I user her on map 8 AQ every week. No issues with the reparry from hitting into block issue. Would love a 7* version so I could stat focus block penetration.

Reparrying don't exist in AQ or normal questing 🙄
  • EdisonLawEdisonLaw Member Posts: 6,305 ★★★★★
    Masacre > Valkyrie
  • MarvelNoobMarvelNoob Member Posts: 1,191 ★★★★
    EdisonLaw said:

Masacre > Valkyrie

Wrong
  • EdisonLawEdisonLaw Member Posts: 6,305 ★★★★★
    edited July 29

EdisonLaw said:

Masacre > Valkyrie

Wrong
    Masacre exists as a 7 star, has stat focus, and is faster. Valk counters unstoppable but speed matters over utility
  • Josh2507Josh2507 Member Posts: 706 ★★★★
    Strong champ with some interesting utility, but I just don't feel the need to use her most of the time
  • WednesdayLengthWednesdayLength Member Posts: 1,075 ★★★
    PT_99 said:

Ortoun said:

Hard counter to unstoppable, but her playstyle of hitting into block is too risky to use most of the time, the AI being what it is. Shame, she was fun to play.

Dust hard counter unstoppable as well, so that flex has also fallen
    Well, not at consistently as valk. If you need the grit with dust from the start of the fight you basically have to ignore your ramp up completely
  • WednesdayLengthWednesdayLength Member Posts: 1,075 ★★★
    EdisonLaw said:

EdisonLaw said:

Masacre > Valkyrie

Wrong
    Masacre exists as a 7 star, has stat focus, and is faster. Valk counters unstoppable but speed matters over utility
    Not in all content. I've used valk for so many act 8 bosses
  • Bugmat78Bugmat78 Member Posts: 2,357 ★★★★★
    PT_99 said:

Bugmat78 said:

Reparrying don't exist in AQ or normal questing 🙄
    I use in AW also on path 9 occassionally (including the past 24 hrs) - no issues there with her. She doesn't have a double medium.
  • MarvelNoobMarvelNoob Member Posts: 1,191 ★★★★
    EdisonLaw said:

EdisonLaw said:

Masacre > Valkyrie

Wrong
    So just because a champion is a 7 star it makes them better? VTD > CGR confirmed

Massacre and valk take almost the same amount of time in bgs and I'd say her unstoppable ignoring and stun immunity makes her win in the utility category. She's also insane in story and I've used her a bunch of times in act 7 and 8