Dust and Ironheart Rebalance

Nacho98Nacho98 Member Posts: 249 ★★
So no changes for either. Fine. But typically that means we get a buff/tune up for another character. Is that just not happening now? Where’s the communication Kabam?

Comments

• jcphillips7jcphillips7 Member Posts: 1,379 ★★★★

I figured it was taking so long because they were figuring out details for a potential ironheart buff, but nah instead we waited all that time for them to do nothing.

An offensive dust tune up would’ve been cool but as the owner of an r2 she doesn’t really need it. I love mine and she can do rol fights in 45-50s consistently. Granted this is with cides on, but take them off and she can do the same thing to bg sized healthpools. Definitely not bad for someone who’s pretty annoying on defense.

Yea, I was hoping for a combo ending heavy-into-passive stun mechanic where she could utilize Sandstorm easier, but I guess not messing with her at all is better than making something inadvertently worse. I suppose I can rest easy with a decision to make her my next r3 Mutant at some point.
  • Nemesis_17Nemesis_17 Member Posts: 2,131 ★★★★★

I figured it was taking so long because they were figuring out details for a potential ironheart buff, but nah instead we waited all that time for them to do nothing.

An offensive dust tune up would’ve been cool but as the owner of an r2 she doesn’t really need it. I love mine and she can do rol fights in 45-50s consistently. Granted this is with cides on, but take them off and she can do the same thing to bg sized healthpools. Definitely not bad for someone who’s pretty annoying on defense.

Yea, I was hoping for a combo ending heavy-into-passive stun mechanic where she could utilize Sandstorm easier, but I guess not messing with her at all is better than making something inadvertently worse. I suppose I can rest easy with a decision to make her my next r3 Mutant at some point.
    Yea that’s probably her biggest issue, though it still isn’t a huge deal. I could see myself r3ing her at some point in the future, but I’ve got a list of others I want to take up first. Early congrats for your future r3.
  • MonkydluffyMonkydluffy Member Posts: 122
    Didn’t we alr get the superior iron man buff? Just asking idk if we did or not
  • Nemesis_17Nemesis_17 Member Posts: 2,131 ★★★★★

Didn’t we alr get the superior iron man buff? Just asking idk if we did or not

We thought it was coming with the July update, but it was apparently supposed to always come with the august update, so we’ll be getting it soon.
  • EdisonLawEdisonLaw Member Posts: 6,000 ★★★★★
    I was expecting Ironheart to get a change to her sp1 where it can refresh her DOT.
  • Trafalgarwar96Trafalgarwar96 Member Posts: 540 ★★★
    I see only bullseye. No superior ironman?
  • Emilia90Emilia90 Member Posts: 3,328 ★★★★★

SIM is coming next month, they’re just mentioning that bullseye will get his change next month
  • EdisonLawEdisonLaw Member Posts: 6,000 ★★★★★
    edited July 31

His buff should be next month
  • BendyBendy Member Posts: 5,713 ★★★★★
    EdisonLaw said:

His buff should be next month
    If it aint then we riot

Absolutely wild to me that she's not getting a slight buff when her damage is just not quite there. I've had fights where I go sp1 sp2 and because I got **** armor RNG I have to go for another sp1 to close out the fight, she's so slow sometimes it's not even funny.
    What's ticking me off however is the "we're also happy with what we're seeing from her as a defender"... Where on Earth are they getting this data from the depths of Bronze 3?

After this, I'm not even gonna hold on my breath on Sable, they obviously want mid to be mid, they don't care.

Nah Ironheart is usable despite the lack of changes. Sable has nothing redeeming so I’d expect that they’ll cook with her

Emilia90 said:

Absolutely wild to me that she's not getting a slight buff when her damage is just not quite there. I've had fights where I go sp1 sp2 and because I got **** armor RNG I have to go for another sp1 to close out the fight, she's so slow sometimes it's not even funny.
    What's ticking me off however is the "we're also happy with what we're seeing from her as a defender"... Where on Earth are they getting this data from the depths of Bronze 3?

After this, I'm not even gonna hold on my breath on Sable, they obviously want mid to be mid, they don't care.

Nah Ironheart is usable despite the lack of changes. Sable has nothing redeeming so I’d expect that they’ll cook with her
    They think Sable's damage is 4/5, and they also think Ironheart is a good defender... I'm just saying don't be surprised if they decide to leave her as is too cause it's entirely possible.
    Friendly reminder that these ratings (Sable's 4/5) are what the Champion's design intention is meant to be... not what the balance team thinks she currently is sitting at.

Additionally, Ironheart is not meant to be a defender ... hence why her defensive performance is checking all the right marks currently. That tidbit didn't mean that she was nuking through players on Defense at lower tiers.
    So the ratings aren’t relative? I’m kinda confused as to what they’re trying to say. A 4/5 generally means they’ll hit hard, right? That’s the intention of the design and a lot of other 4/5 champs like silk hit like a truck like they’re supposed to
  • Karatemike415Karatemike415 Member, Administrator, Moderator, Content Creators Posts: 724 Content Creator
    Emilia90 said:

Emilia90 said:

They think Sable's damage is 4/5, and they also think Ironheart is a good defender... I'm just saying don't be surprised if they decide to leave her as is too cause it's entirely possible.
    Friendly reminder that these ratings (Sable's 4/5) are what the Champion's design intention is meant to be... not what the balance team thinks she currently is sitting at.

Additionally, Ironheart is not meant to be a defender ... hence why her defensive performance is checking all the right marks currently. That tidbit didn't mean that she was nuking through players on Defense at lower tiers.
    So the ratings aren’t relative? I’m kinda confused as to what they’re trying to say. A 4/5 generally means they’ll hit hard, right? That’s the intention of the design and a lot of other 4/5 champs like silk hit like a truck like they’re supposed to
    So, let's say a Champion's designer (we'll leave all names out for this example) intended for damage to be a 4/5.
    In such a complex game, this doesn't always initially hit the mark... that's where the rebalance program comes into effect.

The balance team reviews data from the live server to conclude whether the Champion is performing at or around their expected output in various categories & then determines if they will remain the same - or be tuned up or down.
  • ItsClobberinTimeItsClobberinTime Member Posts: 5,369 ★★★★★
    edited July 31
    Emilia90 said:

Emilia90 said:

You're being a little too optimistic after this tbh. They think Sable's damage is 4/5, and they also think Ironheart is a good defender... I'm just saying don't be surprised if they decide to leave her as is too cause it's entirely possible.
    Fair enough I guess anything’s possible. I’d really
    like to see what data they’re going off of because it seems to be a load of nonsense
    Yeah I don't know how they got to the conclusion that she's decent on defense, nothing she has makes her a good defender, even that regen can't stall cause it's weak.
    They must be getting all the data from the Bronze squad I guess, that would explain a lot of things.