Dust and Ironheart Rebalance

Comments

• ahmynutsahmynuts Member Posts: 7,188 ★★★★★

Emilia90 said:

Absolutely wild to me that she's not getting a slight buff when her damage is just not quite there. I've had fights where I go sp1 sp2 and because I got **** armor RNG I have to go for another sp1 to close out the fight, she's so slow sometimes it's not even funny.
    What's ticking me off however is the "we're also happy with what we're seeing from her as a defender"... Where on Earth are they getting this data from the depths of Bronze 3?

After this, I'm not even gonna hold on my breath on Sable, they obviously want mid to be mid, they don't care.

Nah Ironheart is usable despite the lack of changes. Sable has nothing redeeming so I’d expect that they’ll cook with her
    They think Sable's damage is 4/5, and they also think Ironheart is a good defender... I'm just saying don't be surprised if they decide to leave her as is too cause it's entirely possible.
    Friendly reminder that these ratings (Sable's 4/5) are what the Champion's design intention is meant to be... not what the balance team thinks she currently is sitting at.

Additionally, Ironheart is not meant to be a defender ... hence why her defensive performance is checking all the right marks currently. That tidbit didn't mean that she was nuking through players on Defense at lower tiers.
    So they're not play testing champs after they design them then? Cause Sable in her current state is not even close to that 4/5. I'm pretty sure if they had tested her before she got released they would've realized she's anything but a 4/5 in terms of damage.

I'm not arguing that part, she's definitely not meant to be a defender. I was just curious as to how exactly data is showing she can even be a defender at all? I haven't faced a single Ironheart in Diamond and above since her release because she's pretty bad, you also play BGs and you're not the typical average player Mike so I'm sure you would agree nobody is dying to Ironhearts in Diamond and above.
    Everything is tested thoroughly, especially Champions. There isn’t always time to make a bunch of sweeping changes after tests are complete… again, shoutout to the rebalance system for being a huge MVP!

As for Ironheart on D… that’s exactly the data.
    If it came across as her being a notable defender - in any tier - it would be an issue based on her design goals. I think you’re misinterpreting the text in the post.

“Happy with her performance on defense” doesn’t necessarily mean she’s performing well as a defender. I could totally see how that could be taken the wrong way, though.
    I'm not trying to be an a-hole here but I find that very hard to believe. She is in my opinion a 2/5 and I'm sure most people would agree, if they really were testing things as much as you say she wouldn't have been released in this state. She is easily the worst champ we've had in two years but you say she was meant to have big damage when she was designed, how did she turn out this bad when the vision was basically "very strong damage dealer"? Doesn't really make sense to me and it absolutely makes me think they either aren't play testing things enough as of lately or the information on the spotlight is just incorrect.

You're right that one was on me cause I misinterpreted the post. However, I still don't get how you can even measure how good a champ is if you're taking in data from every league but focusing mainly on the lower leagues? If we look at the lower leagues sure she doesn't need a buff cause she's probably performing well since time and health don't matter as much due to most players being average and below average but if you look at higher leagues, are people even using her in the first place? If they aren't what is that telling you? That she needs a buff or doesn't?
    I have a r2 awakened 7*, I have used her up here and I lose most of my matches with her simply due to speed. If you get bad armor RNG (which most of the time you do cause the chance to gain armor is barely 30%) the big sp2 doesn't close out the fight and now you have to waste time going for another special. If she's not good enough to make her meta relevant up here then what are we supposed to do with these new champs? Sure, not every champ has to be meta relevant I 100% agree, but tell me how many champs this year have dethroned the Hulklings, the Juggs, the FAMs and the Kates? None as far as I know. The game starts to get boring when you see the same meta champions again and again and again and you yourself are forced to use them too cause if you don't you're just willingly handicapping yourself and you're not gonna have a good time.
    I agree with you but I think what Mike is saying is that the champions are conceived of and developed on a very tight timeline and NEED to release.
    So if they finished making sable and then got to the testing phase and only then realized they missed the mark, they have 0 time or ability to do or change anything about it which is where the rebalancing program comes in, giving them a chance to do something about it.

Albeit it a little late but better late than never I suppose.

• Herbal_TaxmanHerbal_Taxman Member Posts: 378 ★★★
    Perhaps the role of the designer is different than what we think. I agree with OP, it’s hard to believe someone’s vision is 4/5 and then when the champ is launched, they miss that vision by a mile. It’s almost as if the champs and their mechanics are designed by one person and then someone else independently sets the values related to the abilities.
  • EdisonLawEdisonLaw Member Posts: 6,000 ★★★★★
    @ItsClobberinTime I’m hoping BRB is good though. They’re saying he has high damage but we’ll see

EdisonLaw said:

@ItsClobberinTime I’m hoping BRB is good though. They’re saying he has high damage but we’ll see

I'm not too excited about it after reading the whole Ironheart thing tbh she 100% needed a bump in damage. It's almost like they're terrified of releasing another Hulkling or FAM even though it's been so long. We'll see, I hope I'm wrong but I'm not holding my breathw.
    Or another Hercules.
  • BendyBendy Member Posts: 5,713 ★★★★★
    EdisonLaw said:

EdisonLaw said:

I'm not too excited about it after reading the whole Ironheart thing tbh she 100% needed a bump in damage. It's almost like they're terrified of releasing another Hulkling or FAM even though it's been so long. We'll see, I hope I'm wrong but I'm not holding my breathw.
    Or another Hercules.
    They have said this they dont want another herc since look at thing with herc they tested him they thought he was fine but after seeing what people was doing with him they keep repeating of hes broken
  • Emilia90Emilia90 Member Posts: 3,328 ★★★★★

EdisonLaw said:

I'm not too excited about it after reading the whole Ironheart thing tbh she 100% needed a bump in damage. It's almost like they're terrified of releasing another Hulkling or FAM even though it's been so long. We'll see, I hope I'm wrong but I'm not holding my breath.
    If there’s anyone to break the mid champ drought, it’s definitely BRB. We’ve had a few good damage dealers this year but they always slightly miss the mark (other than White Tiger who I firmly believe is a great champ). Prowler would’ve been insanity if they let him have a different debuff for mutants, destroyer would be crazy if they let him destroy more or ramp faster, and north star would’ve gone crazy with persistent charges
  • ItsClobberinTimeItsClobberinTime Member Posts: 5,369 ★★★★★
    EdisonLaw said:

EdisonLaw said:

Or another Hercules.
    No that one I'm against too lol there's a very big difference between Herc, and Hulkling and FAM.
    I don't want broken champs, I want more top tier champs so the current meta ones that have been sitting in the top 5 for years now actually get dethroned.

EdisonLaw said:

EdisonLaw said:

Or another Hercules.
    No that one I'm against too lol there's a very big difference between Herc, and Hulkling and FAM.
    I don't want broken champs, I want more top tier champs so the current meta ones that have been sitting in the top 5 for years now actually get dethroned.
    Tbh meta champs wont be replaced like hulkling or fam as they do so much for the tier like hulkling cant be power controlled or nullified fam u need a pierce sure but without his sp2 into the effect he gives u thats red extra damage unless a champ becomes immune to that effect i dont think no one will be close to them meta wise ever and thats me being completely real as they are strong meta and have been since release and still are useable and if get a 7 they will have even more power to them
    Emilia90 said:

EdisonLaw said:

I'm not too excited about it after reading the whole Ironheart thing tbh she 100% needed a bump in damage. It's almost like they're terrified of releasing another Hulkling or FAM even though it's been so long. We'll see, I hope I'm wrong but I'm not holding my breath.
    If there’s anyone to break the mid champ drought, it’s definitely BRB. We’ve had a few good damage dealers this year but they always slightly miss the mark (other than White Tiger who I firmly believe is a great champ). Prowler would’ve been insanity if they let him have a different debuff for mutants, destroyer would be crazy if they let him destroy more or ramp faster, and north star would’ve gone crazy with persistent charges
    True. Mr Sinister and Red Skull are great example of how minor changes can turn a champion from mid to great
    Bendy said:

EdisonLaw said:

EdisonLaw said:

Or another Hercules.
    Tbh meta champs wont be replaced like hulkling or fam as they do so much for the tier like hulkling cant be power controlled or nullified fam u need a pierce sure but without his sp2 into the effect he gives u thats red extra damage unless a champ becomes immune to that effect i dont think no one will be close to them meta wise ever and thats me being completely real as they are strong meta and have been since release and still are useable and if get a 7 they will have even more power to them
    Nah you're definitely wrong there, they 100% can release champs who can dethrone these, or at the very least be at the same level as them, Red Guardian is a perfect example of this seeing how he's able to keep up with the Hulks the Titanias and the Hams and he's not even a 7* yet. Same thing for Shocker, they just choose not to do it this year with the new champs for the most part for some weird reason.

Bendy said:

EdisonLaw said:

EdisonLaw said:

Or another Hercules.
    Nah you're definitely wrong there, they 100% can release champs who can dethrone these, or at the very least be at the same level as them, Red Guardian is a perfect example of this seeing how he's able to keep up with the Hulks the Titanias and the Hams and he's not even a 7* yet. Same thing for Shocker, they just choose not to do it this year with the new champs for the most part for some weird reason.
    There attackers though not defenders only new one being red skull which is a 7
    Emilia90 said:

EdisonLaw said:

He could potentially but I'm not holding my breath. They've been doing everything they can to nerf the cosmic class for a while now by keeping the top champs in the class locked at 6* rarity, so we'll see.

And yeah I agree Wigra is really the only saving grace here I keep forgetting about her but other than her everyone else missed the mark in some way.
    @ItsClobberinTime Galan is likely to be a 7* though, he’ll benefit a lot from r3 level
    Bendy said:

Bendy said:

EdisonLaw said:

EdisonLaw said:

Or another Hercules.
    There attackers though not defenders only new one being red skull which is a 7
    Fair enough yes Hulkling and FAM are dual threat unlike Red Goat and Shocker but you just said it yourself. Red Skull is a beast, he's dual threat and he's currently a top 3-4 tech. It's definitely possible for them to shake up the meta this way, they just refuse to do so this year for the most part.

Pikolu said:

Kabam mentioned awhile ago that they are doing 1 buff per saga, so the champion being buffed soon is Superior Iron Man, and probably in a month or so, they might announce who will be buffed during the next saga.

https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/363592/balance-update-kushala-and-cheelth

This saga buff is kind of a joke. By the time Superior Ironmans buff is finally live, the saga will end a couple weeks later. The buff should launch with the saga so we can actually use them…
    Is SIM a saga champ though?
  • Emilia90Emilia90 Member Posts: 3,328 ★★★★★
    EdisonLaw said:

Pikolu said:

Kabam mentioned awhile ago that they are doing 1 buff per saga, so the champion being buffed soon is Superior Iron Man, and probably in a month or so, they might announce who will be buffed during the next saga.

https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/363592/balance-update-kushala-and-cheelth

This saga buff is kind of a joke. By the time Superior Ironmans buff is finally live, the saga will end a couple weeks later. The buff should launch with the saga so we can actually use them…
    Is SIM a saga champ though?
    Yes he is
    edited August 1
    @ThePredator1001 I agree, however Superior Iron Man is a complete overhaul while Nightcrawler was a moderate buff
  • ThePredator1001ThePredator1001 Member Posts: 776 ★★★★
    EdisonLaw said:

@ThePredator1001 I agree, however Superior Iron Man is a complete overhaul while Nightcrawler was a moderate buff

That is true but they could pre plan it better, if someone is the saga buff their buff should launch with the saga not at the end of it. They had this saga planned for a while.
  • Lestat2499Lestat2499 Member Posts: 283 ★★★
    Great to hear no changes for Dust. Haven’t played Ironheart too much so can’t really comment there.