Has MCOC Gotten Boring? (BROAD Discussion)

Comments

• Emilia90Emilia90 Posts: 3,321 ★★★★★
    BeastDad said:

The problem is, no matter what they release, it's just the same stuff over and over.

Doesn’t this apply to most games? The game is built around a core concept that’ll be doing the same thing again and again but the complexity of champ interactions is what keeps it running
  • LexSaviLexSavi Posts: 213
    I’m going to give Kabam some credit on this one.

The first half of 2024 has had some great content. I’m really enjoying the deathless cycle and looking forward to the next deathless champ, and eventually Thanos. SOS has also been well done, and I enjoyed 8.4 quite a bit.

Probably have been more engaged in 2024 than I had been for a while.
  • Kingering_KingKingering_King Posts: 790 ★★★
    I just got valiant a week ish ago, and I’m bored as heck. There is nothing to do
  • EdisonLawEdisonLaw Posts: 5,807 ★★★★★
    Depends on your progression level.
  • ahmynutsahmynuts Posts: 7,134 ★★★★★
    LexSavi said:

I’m going to give Kabam some credit on this one.

The first half of 2024 has had some great content. I’m really enjoying the deathless cycle and looking forward to the next deathless champ, and eventually Thanos. SOS has also been well done, and I enjoyed 8.4 quite a bit.

Probably have been more engaged in 2024 than I had been for a while.

They have been dropping great content it's just that in between is where they need to work on
  • CROSSHAIRSCROSSHAIRS Posts: 101
    This game is between dead and alive
  • MonkydluffyMonkydluffy Posts: 122
    Kind of if you think abt it the 2 main devs have left ever since that happened the AI has been getting better the game is getting a little bit boring and like @CROSSHAIRS said it’s between the low and peak of its performance as a mobile game
  • GarloGarlo Posts: 240 ★★
    I feel like I’m in a similar position to an end game player myself, having completed 100% of the content.

I used to play a lot of BG, but the switch from 4 to 2 metas, and now having only 1 meta throughout the entire season is absolutely terrible. Just imagine having the same node day after day for almost 4 weeks, this has killed BG for me.

The only reason I’m still playing after 8-9 years is the war. For my alliance and me, the war off-season is the most boring time in the game.

So, yes, I think it’s kinda boring nowadays
  • DJMNHDJMNH Posts: 723 ★★★
    Nacho98 said:

A good fix would be a valiant difficulty monthly EQ with buffed rewards. BGs update with new content and resolved AI issues and old champs getting consistent buffs.

Lol first atleast let them have Paragon difficultly in monthly quest
  • BeastDadBeastDad Posts: 1,752 ★★★★★

BeastDad said:

The problem is, no matter what they release, it's just the same stuff over and over.

So what you want a new quest or event that looks like a 1st person shooter or something?..
    Did I write that? Nope.

Mobile games get stale and companies either figure out a way to keep interest going or they don’t.

Simply updating several out of date items would go a long way to keep people engaged, but they seem to have zero interest in doing that.

This game is between dead and alive

It’s in purgatory
  • JethuaJethua Posts: 96
    I will admit, that this thread aged slightly poorly given today's info announcement and the Beta Ray Bill teaser.
  • JethuaJethua Posts: 96
    Also, how do I reply to someone please?
    Jethua said:

Use the quote button
    Jethua said:

Quote them or tag them like @Jethua
  • Lestat2499Lestat2499 Posts: 283 ★★★
    Agreed. The current AI situation is so bad. And the only response we have received in the last few weeks was it’s been heard and looking into it. Nothing to report. But this has been going on for a lot longer. Just keeps getting worse week by week.
  • TerminatrixTerminatrix Posts: 2,609 ★★★★★
    edited August 1
    Jethua said:

From the lack of communication, to the balance program quietly disappearing, to no updates on new content, it feels like we are at a bit of a content drought lately. Like there doesn’t seem to be a lot to do or look forward to.

Not boring, but frustrating. So much that I've reduced my spending on the game, and I haven't cared if I log in to claim rewards, do the quests and BGs, or not. It's just...meh.

From the lack of communication and much needed consistent updates about efforts to resolve the game's ongoing bugs, and "tweaked" AI, to Kabam nerfing the revive farm, to the monthly revives and potions quietly disappearing, (they announced the revive farm nerf, but gave no heads up on ending the monthly potions offer--yes, I'm still feeling some kinda way about this lol), to outdated solo BGs rewards, etc...have had an impact and have been a vibe killer.

I spent only $35 cash on 4th of July.

For perspective, I usually buy ALL of the unit deals even when I have units saved.

And maybe spent $10-$15 since, for a total of only $45-$50 this month.

For me, that's unheard of.

Jethua said:

From the lack of communication, to the balance program quietly disappearing, to no updates on new content, it feels like we are at a bit of a content drought lately. Like there doesn’t seem to be a lot to do or look forward to.

Not boring, but frustrating. So much that I've reduced my spending on the game, and I haven't cared if I log in to claim rewards, do the quests and BGs, or not. It's just...meh.

From the lack of communication and much needed consistent updates about efforts to resolve the game's ongoing bugs, and "tweaked" AI, to Kabam nerfing the revive farm, to the monthly revives and potions quietly disappearing, (they announced the revive farm nerf, but gave no heads up on ending the monthly potions offer--yes, I'm still feeling some kinda way about this lol), to outdated solo BGs rewards, etc...have had an impact and have been a vibe killer.

For perspective, I usually buy ALL of the unit deals even when I have units saved.

People still complaining about revive farms being gone when new content is easier than ever and we have apothecary is hilarious
  • BringPopcornBringPopcorn Posts: 4,189 ★★★★★

Emilia90 said:

Jethua said:

People still complaining about revive farms being gone when new content is easier than ever and we have apothecary is hilarious
    Apothecary is trash. Now hush 🤫 You can stop defending it now.
    In her defense so are most of your posts but no one said anything....
    Also wanted to add that you get an extra free revive every day from the events and you can get some from free crystals. I was one of the biggest complainers when Kabam nerfed revive farms because when they did it, content was artificially inflated to be difficult and you pretty much had to spend a ton of revives. Lab/Abyss and everything punished you regardless of how well you played while Necro and SoS and stuff can be done very cheap (or revive less) if you play well enough.

Act 7/8 are so simple compared to act 6. Kabam has had a big upward trend with their content since you don’t need to dump revives into it so people complaining about farms are asking for too much. I farmed revives for Necro (every path) with just apothecary and daily events and it didn’t take too long at all. Why we would still need farms for revives when people already talk about how easy content is is beyond me. Also you can practice every SoS/WoW fight again and again and most people can get it down fairly cheap. If you can’t you have 2 weeks to farm revives and you can get 28+ free ones in that time
  • OakenshieldOakenshield Posts: 2,059 ★★★★
    Outside of the AI issues, I like what Kabam has done over the past 3/4 of a year. The increased focus on Content starting from Necropolis has been much appreciated. I prefer that over more focus on BGs and AW/AQ without a doubt. I do think the champs in the first 7 months haven’t been as good as last year’s champs, but hoping the rest of the year turns that around.
  • Wozzle007Wozzle007 Posts: 998 ★★★★★
    If I hadn’t paid for the double track event, I’d take a break from the game. I’ve stopped doing MEQ this month as it’s so repetitive and rewards don’t really push my account further. I’ll complete the side quest hardest difficulty. But outside of BG that and AQ/AW that’s it for me. I’ve not looked at the 22hr events since they’ve come back. My weekly MCOC play time has gone from 30hrs to 18hrs to 9hrs 45 to 3hrs so far this week.

Game feels absolutely stale for me. Lack of a reason to push me log on other than habit. But here’s hoping act 9, the EOP and whatever new things Kabam are keeping up there sleeve bring some freshness back into the game. Otherwise I’ll end up being Ross to Kabams Rachel.