What’s happening with AI?

Comments

• BringPopcornBringPopcorn Member Posts: 4,277 ★★★★★
    EdisonLaw said:

Also I noticed the AI throwing specials back to back (Serpent), and also throwing them whenever you are blocking

Congratulations, you discovered that the AI has a different criteria when the SPs are unblockable.
    Next you will find out Chavez AI throws a lot of heavies.
    Typhoon said:

EdisonLaw said:

Also I noticed the AI throwing specials back to back (Serpent), and also throwing them whenever you are blocking

Congratulations, you discovered that the AI has a different criteria when the SPs are unblockable.
    Bring Salty Popcorn
    Mist
  • TyphoonTyphoon Member Posts: 1,796 ★★★★★

Typhoon said:

EdisonLaw said:

Bring Salty Popcorn
    Mist
    i chuckled
  • DarkNightRiseDarkNightRise Member Posts: 325 ★★★

EdisonLaw said:

Welcome to my thread, finally after following, you decide to join with us!
    Typhoon said:

EdisonLaw said:

Bring Salty Popcorn
    Truly madly and deeply salty lol

EdisonLaw said:

Welcome to my thread, finally after following, you decide to join with us!
    I am still hung on the on the April's fool post you made
  • UnyonfaceUnyonface Member Posts: 586 ★★★
    BigBlueOx said:

EdisonLaw said:

How about the AI throwing the next special before the screen shows that bar of power requirement being satisfied?
    Or somehow gaining that little sliver of SP energy to throw an Sp3…
  • MonkydluffyMonkydluffy Member Posts: 122
    Thank god I was bouta make a thread on this subject, Now We all know this game is a kabam money scheme but this time I think it’s not the dev’s fault. Ever since Jax and Miike left the AI is slowly becoming better and better almost every 3 days I notice a new buff recently the last buff added to the AI was immense damage that would ruin my gameplay in story bgs aq and aw. Now This is probably for me and other uc’s is a big problem since most of us aren’t that good yet and are headed into the hardest bit of story content in game. With all of the AI buffs act 6 might be impossible unless you’re one of the top 500 uc’s in the game. I think it’s not a coincidence that once Jax left the ai is getting better. I’m pretty sure the game team has more freedom to rain hell on players with the AI since Jax isn’t here to set limits on what’s too much for us summoners. Now i don’t think this a dev thing because while I’m sure they are highly aware of this, this isn’t their doing, they can control this but only to some extent. But nowadays for me I can’t “get good” because with the ai being soooooo good I have no room to learn and grow, I'm Basically locked in a timeout corner while I’m getting trolled by valliants who say “it’s easy” because they didn’t go through the game at this time period were you can’t really get better or complete story. Theese days with the recent ai buffs if you're good you're below average and stand no chance. If you’re great you barely make it and struggle to hold on. If you’re pitch squeaky clean frame perfect… you’re just average. Kabam If you guys could reach out to the game team about this and ask them what the hell is going and dive deeper to see if it’s an ai sentient apocalypse or they’re just trolling us, but whatever it is it needs to stop… it’s ruining the game
  • MonkydluffyMonkydluffy Member Posts: 122

Thank god I was bouta make a thread on this subject, Now We all know this game is a kabam money scheme but this time I think it’s not the dev’s fault. Ever since Jax and Miike left the AI is slowly becoming better and better almost every 3 days I notice a new buff recently the last buff added to the AI was immense damage that would ruin my gameplay in story bgs aq and aw. Now This is probably for me and other uc’s is a big problem since most of us aren’t that good yet and are headed into the hardest bit of story content in game. With all of the AI buffs act 6 might be impossible unless you’re one of the top 500 uc’s in the game. I think it’s not a coincidence that once Jax left the ai is getting better. I’m pretty sure the game team has more freedom to rain hell on players with the AI since Jax isn’t here to set limits on what’s too much for us summoners. Now i don’t think this a dev thing because while I’m sure they are highly aware of this, this isn’t their doing, they can control this but only to some extent. But nowadays for me I can’t “get good” because with the ai being soooooo good I have no room to learn and grow, I'm Basically locked in a timeout corner while I’m getting trolled by valliants who say “it’s easy” because they didn’t go through the game at this time period were you can’t really get better or complete story. Theese days with the recent ai buffs if you're good you're below average and stand no chance. If you’re great you barely make it and struggle to hold on. If you’re pitch squeaky clean frame perfect… you’re just average. Kabam If you guys could reach out to the game team about this and ask them what the hell is going and dive deeper to see if it’s an ai sentient apocalypse or they’re just trolling us, but whatever it is it needs to stop… it’s ruining the game

I also want to point out I’m pointing any fingers at the game team it may not be their fault either but I just have my suspicions just because If I say something doesn’t mean it’s true they might actually be tryna fix this so I’d like to point out I mean no harm to the game team it’s just my theory
  • mmartin5817mmartin5817 Member Posts: 93
    Does kabam care? They sent out a survey and I hope everyone responded honestly. It’s so frustrating for the lack of communication and why can’t they just admit they messed up and it will be fixed. It’s gone downhill since the new ceo a few years back. More money, more realism. It’s ridiculous.
  • EdisonLawEdisonLaw Member Posts: 6,057 ★★★★★

Does kabam care? They sent out a survey and I hope everyone responded honestly. It’s so frustrating for the lack of communication and why can’t they just admit they messed up and it will be fixed. It’s gone downhill since the new ceo a few years back. More money, more realism. It’s ridiculous.

Apparently @KabamDORK cares
  • Emilia90Emilia90 Member Posts: 3,333 ★★★★★

Kabam will slow walk this like they always do.

First they ignore us (that’s where are)

Then they will down play this, that they haven’t done or change anything to the AI (yet they have introduce a series of champs that bybass the usual AI behaviour and call that a feature)

Then will deny until they start seeing game play time go down. And miraculously, they will push a first fix of many. And to buy some peace, they will give us a few revives.

They won’t mention it in the stream tomorrow, you can be sure of that.

Yes the 3 employees that have made posts and kept us updated are ignoring us. There’s a good response right above you
  • BloodyRoseBloodyRose Member Posts: 140
    edited August 2
    Normax_X said:

its been like this for months if they wanted to fix it they would have already, since as they say "kabam does play their own game" naturally they experience the same things we do, after SOS onslaught's crazy god AI we got no word and they did nothing so I dont expect anything lol and it makes BGs even more frustrating

I soooooo want to agree with this, but having worked in software development for over 20 years — from waterfall through DevOps — I don't think this is the case. It's more likely a case of prioritization, complexity and the recent layoffs.

(I deleted a bunch paragraphs about the current state of software development from a QA lead and UI/UX Design Lead perspective that would probably give more insight but would also piss people off. So, we can sidebar if ya like.)
  • BloodyRoseBloodyRose Member Posts: 140
    Sidd777 said:

An issue I’ve been facing is that the opponents are able to block my specials when I throw them right after a combo ender, no pause or anything. It also happened to lagacy on stream yesterday with kushala against dust (whose recovery time after throwing a heavy is also crazy fast). This shouldn’t even be a possibility in the first place since it’s removing the one guaranteed way of making specials land.

Defenders have always been able to block certain SP1 and SP2. But only before the first hit lands. I don't think intercepting is the right way to describe it, but, have had defenders interrupt my special. For example, with Titania, I throw an SP2 and land 1 or 2 hits out of the 5 or 6, and all of a sudden the defender intercepts with their own SP1 or SP2 and before my SP2 ends.
  • Buzerk1969Buzerk1969 Member Posts: 58
    Emilia90 said:

Kabam will slow walk this like they always do.

First they ignore us (that’s where are)

Then they will down play this, that they haven’t done or change anything to the AI (yet they have introduce a series of champs that bybass the usual AI behaviour and call that a feature)

Then will deny until they start seeing game play time go down. And miraculously, they will push a first fix of many. And to buy some peace, they will give us a few revives.

They won’t mention it in the stream tomorrow, you can be sure of that.

Yes the 3 employees that have made posts and kept us updated are ignoring us. There’s a good response right above you
    If you consider “Hey thanks for the heads up, I will relay the info to the dev team” as an update, then sure, they are top of things, right?

Go check the Trello board? Right?
  • UsagicassidyUsagicassidy Member Posts: 1,302 ★★★★

It's obviously a very complex topic, especially since many players tend to conflate AI issues, performance issues and input issues as the same thing, which from a development perspective are all very different.

I will say, I very much appreciate this whole measured response, and don't want to appear snarky or belittling but I think when it comes to this specific point, while AI issues, performance issues, and input issues are all different from a design and development perspective, when ALL THREE of them ARE problems, I think it's reasonable to "conflate" them into the same major topic of discussion.
  • NüΚΞNüΚΞ Member Posts: 217 ★★★
    Oof super excited for Beta Ray Bill until I saw intimidate and infuriate being used again even though both Adam warlock and gladiator have issues with those mechanics as is. I have saved enough to r2 and r3 him.

• Emilia90Emilia90 Member Posts: 3,333 ★★★★★
    NüΚΞ said:

Oof super excited for Beta Ray Bill until I saw intimidate and infuriate being used again even though both Adam warlock and gladiator have issues with those mechanics as is. I have saved enough to r2 and r3 him.

To be fair it’s only for longer fights it seems. Don’t think you’ll have to utilize it for short content

We absolutely care. I was on vacation earlier this week and ended up coming in on a day off for a meeting with the most senior people on MCoC to discuss Ai issues. We spent the whole meeting on this one topic.

It's obviously a very complex topic, especially since many players tend to conflate AI issues, performance issues and input issues as the same thing, which from a development perspective are all very different.

Regardless, one of the things we really want to improve on this topic is communication. We know we have not met the needs of the community and are going to work to fix that. It's not going to happen right away, but expect to get more regular updates from us on these issues moving forward.

I can't share much more than that right now, but I can say I saw an internal update from the team responsible for this earlier today and they are actively identifying and triaging issues. I'm confident players will start to see progress on not just AI but also other performance and input challenges as we implement our plans for the rest of this year.

Hey Crashed! Appreciate your communication. I have noticed that at least since you and Dork take over the job from Miike and Jax, the communication is really better than before, it’s just not going to the quite silent like before!