Our first look at Enchantress

Comments

• EdisonLawEdisonLaw Member Posts: 5,993 ★★★★★

EdisonLaw said:

Definitely looks like a solid Serpent counter but I'm not impressed with the damage, if you ramp fully in a long fight it looks good but on that same rank Galan fight it did not look good. One sp2 barely got him down to 50%, I'm already a little concerned to be honest lol.
    Edit: they just said she's meant for long form content and primarily a defender @Emilia90 I told you it was too good to be true.

Kabam trying to make meta relavent champion (impossible). BTW why are they obsessed with making Everest champs. She looks cool though, lets see how she fares in war and bgs.
    Probably won't fare too well in BGs based on the rotation on that Galan, she looks a bit slow like Negasonic, and again their own words not mine: "Enchantress is primarily meant for long form content and defense". Nowhere in there did they mention anything offense related for short fights so I'm just gonna call it another dud for now. If I'm wrong when she comes out then good, I want to be wrong but I've already lost all hope after the Ironheart fiasco.
    I agree though, what's up with all the long form content champs, nobody is asking for those.
    Well if she’s gonna be a tough defender, she might have value still
    That could potentially be the only saving grace so we'll see.
    It does say she can store and reflect damage via her spells so like Chavez?
  • RebarkRebark Member Posts: 362 ★★★
    Kabam just needed to remember to use a 7* r3, judging by the damage in the video, it looks like a 5 star
  • VaniteliaVanitelia Member Posts: 432 ★★★
    I get the BG points, but if a dual threat champ came out, they'd be permabanned anyway. If a champ is great defender, then it does force the opponent to decide to ban offense or defense. So, in round about way, Enchantress could help your BG attack if she is really good on defense.
  • ItsClobberinTimeItsClobberinTime Member Posts: 5,368 ★★★★★
    Emilia90 said:

@ItsClobberinTime I went back and watched the deep dive segment and it does seem like she gains a lot of power through steal. They said a lot of about her having increased power generation so she might not be as slow as we think but once again, they did say she’s more long form content oriented. Even without MD she was gaining a ton of power back so she could be a WT type of champ where you can spam specials

She gains decent power yes but not like White Tiger, and the damage isn't even close to White Tiger's either. It took sp1 sp2 sp2 against a same rank Galan, if that was a r3 White Tiger vs r3 Galan he would've been cooked after the second sp1 before you could even reach sp2. Now, imagine if Enchantress was punching a rank above considering it took that many specials against a same rank Galan, it would've taken another sp2 most likely, sp1-sp2-sp2-sp2 is really bad for the amount of power she's stealing. Hence me saying she's just gonna be another Negasonic, r3 or nothing and can't punch a rank above.
    Now of course, White Tiger has to go for multiple specials too but the difference is White Tiger throws them back to back, Enchantress doesn't throw any specials back to back so for a same rank fight you're basically going to need at the very least five bars of power which you have to gain by hitting with basic attacks which means you'll also have to bait more specials than White Tiger cause she gains another special ready immediately after throwing one. That's a lot of time wasted unless there are a ton of buffs and MD comes into play which is one thing they mentioned in the rotation, MD is important for her.
    EdisonLaw said:

EdisonLaw said:

Definitely looks like a solid Serpent counter but I'm not impressed with the damage, if you ramp fully in a long fight it looks good but on that same rank Galan fight it did not look good. One sp2 barely got him down to 50%, I'm already a little concerned to be honest lol.
    Edit: they just said she's meant for long form content and primarily a defender @Emilia90 I told you it was too good to be true.

Kabam trying to make meta relavent champion (impossible). BTW why are they obsessed with making Everest champs. She looks cool though, lets see how she fares in war and bgs.
    Probably won't fare too well in BGs based on the rotation on that Galan, she looks a bit slow like Negasonic, and again their own words not mine: "Enchantress is primarily meant for long form content and defense". Nowhere in there did they mention anything offense related for short fights so I'm just gonna call it another dud for now. If I'm wrong when she comes out then good, I want to be wrong but I've already lost all hope after the Ironheart fiasco.
    I agree though, what's up with all the long form content champs, nobody is asking for those.
    Well if she’s gonna be a tough defender, she might have value still
    That could potentially be the only saving grace so we'll see.
    It does say she can store and reflect damage via her spells so like Chavez?
    Yeah that could be interesting, I still think her damage is meh for a r3 vs r3 though.
    I find it funny though how a lot of people see a cool design and they immediately forget we've been getting mid champs damagewise the whole year and she looks mid too based on the damage she deals on the Galan clip.

Honestly the sp1 is kinda basic imo and the sp3 is far too short, I've expected the sp1 to be more magical u know

The special 1 is actually composed of different colors depending on the spell cast. I saw purple, green and orange
  • NightheartNightheart Member Posts: 2,033 ★★★★
    Emilia90 said:

Since this has turned into a stream discussion thread, SIM is looking nice. Great damage and some cool utility

I agree with you I am thinking of taking him to rank 5? Should I go for it or wait for 7 star @Emilia90?
    Now getting back to the thread Enchantress seems cool I wonder if she is at least be better than Clare Voyant. As for Beta Ray Bill he definitely is stronger than Morbius.

Now getting back to the thread Enchantress seems cool I wonder if she is at least be better than Clare Voyant. As for Beta Ray Bill he definitely is stronger than Morbius.

If we had 7* Claire, based on what I've seen so far from Enchantress as well as KMike's comments, nope.

If we had 7* Claire, based on what I've seen so far from Enchantress as well as KMike's comments, nope.
    We will soon find out in a few weeks
  • Emilia90Emilia90 Member Posts: 3,328 ★★★★★

Emilia90 said:

Since this has turned into a stream discussion thread, SIM is looking nice. Great damage and some cool utility

I agree with you I am thinking of taking him to rank 5? Should I go for it or wait for 7 star @Emilia90?
    I could definitely see him dropping as a 7* soon but I’m personally using my saga gem on mine! He looks very cool and I doubt I’ll pull him for a while as a 7* if he does drop

I think Claire may be better for short fights because of better damage, but Enchantress has more versatility
  • PT_99PT_99 Member Posts: 3,990 ★★★★★
    EdisonLaw said:

Here’s the rotation video for those who didn’t see it

https://youtu.be/Kqe-orkT8_M?si=FyFRwivCNNbziA90

My opinion, she looks complicated with all the spells

Idc I'll r3 her😮‍💨
    PT_99 said:

EdisonLaw said:

Idc I'll r3 her😮‍💨
    I think she’ll be worth it but we’ll see. She reminds me of Wong + Claire + Wiccan
  • TerminatrixTerminatrix Member Posts: 2,667 ★★★★★
    EdisonLaw said:

EdisonLaw said:

That damage in short fights really doesn't look good. Sp1 sp2 with class advantage and that same rank Galan still wasn't dead, I'm seriously not excited about Enchantress, I get everyone is down bad for the visuals lol but she really looks like another Negasonic in terms of damage for short fights.
    They did she she’s gonna have atrophy (Maestro counter) + neutralize, so she’s basically gonna shut down most meta cosmic threats
    And this is where Photon will counter her because she's Neutralize immune when awakened.

Let the bans begin all over again 😂
    EdisonLaw said:

Emilia90 said:

EdisonLaw said:

I’m wondering will she be the first hard counter to Serpent, or will she be a defender?

I doubt she’ll be a defense oriented champ. Kabam said she has a spell for every situation, buff control, and quick power generation. Pretty vague compared to bill

I expect her to counter serpent though
    A spell for every situation, 🤔 so like Kushala and Wiccan? Or it could mean she has every form of buff control?

Her sp2 looks undexable though
    MSD has accepted that challenge 😂

EdisonLaw said:

I’m wondering will she be the first hard counter to Serpent, or will she be a defender?

If you guys are expecting a Serpent counter this early you're probably going to be disappointed, don't get too excited about it just yet. Look how long it's been for Onslaught and still nothing, Photon just got hers but his damage isn't exactly the best, Bullseye got Sinister sure but there's a catch in BGs and it's Inequity, Negasonic is cool but mid damage.
    If Enchantress is a hard Serpent counter there's probably going to be a catch cause that's been the pattern this year with the counters, I don't expect that to change all of a sudden.
    Tbh I think Spiral is going to end up being the REAL hard counter to Serpent.

Enchantress is designed for defense and questing right? And based on the Galan fight, It looks like it might take her a while to bring down Serpent. Not good for BGs or AW.

EdisonLaw said:

If you guys are expecting a Serpent counter this early you're probably going to be disappointed, don't get too excited about it just yet. Look how long it's been for Onslaught and still nothing, Photon just got hers but his damage isn't exactly the best, Bullseye got Sinister sure but there's a catch in BGs and it's Inequity, Negasonic is cool but mid damage.
    If Enchantress is a hard Serpent counter there's probably going to be a catch cause that's been the pattern this year with the counters, I don't expect that to change all of a sudden.

Enchantress is designed for defense and questing right? And based on the Galan fight, It looks like it might take her a while to bring down Serpent. Not good for BGs or AW.
    We may see a Summer of Suffering Serpent boss, so it's better to have her.

EdisonLaw said:

If Spiral comes before December I don't expect her to be one tbh, unless Serpent doesn't get nerfed at all then maybe, we'll see.

Defense and long form content, but yeah based on the Galan fight which was essentially r3 vs r3 I don't see her doing Serpent faster than Kushala Chavez or Sassy. It took her sp1 sp2 sp1 to kill a same rank Galan, that's basically Negasonic level damage with the only difference being she gains power slightly faster but even that doesn't really make much of a difference cause she gains one bar every 10 hits, most champs gain one bar every 12 hits. Will she be safer? Maybe, but she won't be faster and in BGs speed matters a lot.

Reminds me a lot of Claire, cool animations for sure. Let's hope this isn't another case of 10/10 design, 10/10 utility, 4/10 damage again

Aged like fine wine and it took less than 24 hours lmao
  • WednesdayLengthWednesdayLength Member Posts: 1,010 ★★★

Emilia90 said:

Emilia90 said:

Because Necro dropped last November and they want more new options for Necro to help players. I wouldn’t say obsessed because we’ve only had a few Necro options this year which I can respect since there are many players who haven’t done Necro fully yet
    Can't we have it both ways, make an everest champ who is also good for short and medium fights like Kate. Or is it only resevered for DLL champs.
    Beta Ray Bill looks like exactly that. Good for both
    This I definitely agree with, BRB looks VERY promising and apparently I'm the king of negativity around here so if I'm saying he looks promising it's because he does 💀
    Yea I thought he looked great as well. I think the kicker will be what's locked in his sig though. Could be something that's nice to have but not needed, or could be something crucial. I'm hoping if it's something tied to his burst damage potential that it can potentially be offset if he's at r3 or something. Would soften the blow until you could initially awaken him from the Titan when the time comes.
    His sig is damage reduction whilst unstoppable, increased burst damage and possibly something to do with his shock duration or potency. Seems mostly to be a stat increase and not a new ability

Emilia90 said:

Emilia90 said:

Because Necro dropped last November and they want more new options for Necro to help players. I wouldn’t say obsessed because we’ve only had a few Necro options this year which I can respect since there are many players who haven’t done Necro fully yet
    Can't we have it both ways, make an everest champ who is also good for short and medium fights like Kate. Or is it only resevered for DLL champs.
    Beta Ray Bill looks like exactly that. Good for both
    This I definitely agree with, BRB looks VERY promising and apparently I'm the king of negativity around here so if I'm saying he looks promising it's because he does 💀
    Yea I thought he looked great as well. I think the kicker will be what's locked in his sig though. Could be something that's nice to have but not needed, or could be something crucial. I'm hoping if it's something tied to his burst damage potential that it can potentially be offset if he's at r3 or something. Would soften the blow until you could initially awaken him from the Titan when the time comes.
    His sig is damage reduction whilst unstoppable, increased burst damage and possibly something to do with his shock duration or potency. Seems mostly to be a stat increase and not a new ability
    But would we need him at sig 200, or is sig 20 fine for him?
  • Darkraw346Darkraw346 Member Posts: 2,323 ★★★★★
    They said she have some CRAZY everst content potential, but... from the footage shown, the dmg seems good, but nothing too crazy to be even more than good for everst content, I guess they haven't shown how she does in everst content?
  • peixemacacopeixemacaco Member Posts: 2,242 ★★★★
    EdisonLaw said:

Whoaaaaaa!

Enchantress start a new phase for Mcoc with these Spell moves.

⬆️⬇️⬆️
    ⬆️➡️↘️

Great!

EdisonLaw said:

Whoaaaaaa!

⬆️⬇️⬆️
    ⬆️➡️↘️

Great!
    Actually it was Spider Punk who first had this mechanic
  • peixemacacopeixemacaco Member Posts: 2,242 ★★★★
    EdisonLaw said:

EdisonLaw said:

Whoaaaaaa!

⬆️⬇️⬆️
    ⬆️➡️↘️

Great!
    Actually it was Spider Punk who first had this mechanic
    Thanks
  • Emilia90Emilia90 Member Posts: 3,328 ★★★★★

Reminds me a lot of Claire, cool animations for sure. Let's hope this isn't another case of 10/10 design, 10/10 utility, 4/10 damage again

Let me have my hopium until her deep dive comes and we see her full abilities clobberin 😭 she looks so good and I want her to be fire so bad. She’s one of those champs that I’d r3 if I pulled anyway but hey, at least she’ll be a defender if she’s not the fastest bg attacker
  • BendyBendy Member Posts: 5,708 ★★★★★
    Emilia90 said:

Let me have my hopium until her deep dive comes and we see her full abilities clobberin 😭 she looks so good and I want her to be fire so bad. She’s one of those champs that I’d r3 if I pulled anyway but hey, at least she’ll be a defender if she’s not the fastest bg attacker
    Im viewing her like void who btw doesnt have good damage but is very very useful for war countering champs like maybe she be finally my option for maestro and serpent without having to use sym as want someone more reliable and doesnt require boosts in war to kill
    Emilia90 said:

I'm not trying to be an a-hole I'm sorry lmao it just pisses me off cause they continue with the high utility mid damage trend even though people have been complaining about mid damage champs for months now.
    I know you want her to be good cause you like her a lot and again an r3 won't be too bad, same as Negasonic, but overall she's really not all that.
    I know we haven't seen the deep dive yet but based on that same rank Galan fight and how much power she was stealing you can already have a pretty good idea of how fast she will be for BGs, MD will help her but she's still going to be on the slower side.
  • NONYABIZZNONYABIZZ Member Posts: 418 ★★★
    edited August 3

Emilia90 said:

I'm not trying to be an a-hole I'm sorry lmao it just pisses me off cause they continue with the high utility mid damage trend even though people have been complaining about mid damage champs for months now.
    I know you want her to be good cause you like her a lot and again an r3 won't be too bad, same as Negasonic, but overall she's really not all that.
    I know we haven't seen the deep dive yet but based on that same rank Galan fight and how much power she was stealing you can already have a pretty good idea of how fast she will be for BGs, MD will help her but she's still going to be on the slower side.
    I think this will only continue. They base new champs on their r3 potential and it's not supposed to be that way. BY THE WAY, if the 7* r3 damage output is mid then any rank below is PLAIN OUT HORRIBLE. How do they perform as a 6* ?Kabam needs to check these, they can only use nice animations to brainwash the community for so long. I snapped out of the delusion after I saw negasonic. It was like I woke up. I was hyped when I saw her animations(her being on her phone and all). I was INVESTED. I wanted to get her early bundle. Then I saw the deep dive of a 7* r3 doing barely 2k incinerate damage after one Sp2. LIKE WHAT??????? Just for references a 6* r5 will be doing close to 1k incinerates after one Sp2 depending on masteries. Just to let y'all know the point I'm tryna make.
    This has to stop. Dazzler is the champ I'm most excited for and am willing to spend on(if she's coming) and if she turns out terrible that may be my final straw.
    And I hate how CC'S don't voice their opinions on these matters instead, they go along with it. Like y'all are supposed to be the voice of the community, they instead try to sell us on the champions knowing damn well they are pure garbage.