**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Questions for mods: what are the consequences of joining beta test program?

Hi,
I’ve accepted to join the beta test but now, due to lack of informations, I have some questions about it:
1) Will I be able to partecipate anyway to my alliance events and quests?
2) what about Arenas?
3) the objects and units used during the test will be lost?

Thanks for your feedback
Filippo 1971

Comments

• Options
    Filippo1971Filippo1971 Posts: 33
    Question number 1 is mostly addressed to AQ and AW
  • Options
    Filippo1971Filippo1971 Posts: 33
    Oh, another question: if the beta test will affect my participation to AQ and AW, there’s any way to unsubscribe?
  • Options
    SnizzbarSnizzbar Posts: 2,144 ★★★★★
    I was thinking this too. The beta page say progress in the beta servers will not transfer to your main account, so will I just be wasting my time?
  • Options
    bm3eppsbm3epps Posts: 1,148 ★★★
    edited January 2018
    I accepted it as well and now come to think about it those are some good questions. I totally forget the Stark Spidey arena is upcoming, and I was gonna grind. I would be totally pissed if I did grind and didn't get him due to being under the beta testing server.
  • Options
    iR0NLuNG wrote: »
    That's why I haven't joined yet. I need answers first.

lol..unless they reward the testers with the choice of choosing who they want between the basic and featured champ since arena will be going on during the testing phase..yea yea.. probably wishful thinking
  • Options
    bm3epps wrote: »
    That's why I haven't joined yet. I need answers first.

lol..unless they reward the testers with the choice of choosing who they want between the basic and featured champ since arena will be going on during the testing phase..yea yea.. probably wishful thinking

Now you're just dreaming

hey they might make up for it.. lol
  • Options
    Hin79Hin79 Posts: 2
    I want blade
  • Options
    YjgovtheYjgovthe Posts: 34
    Accepted invitation as well...I want Moon Knight again :smiley:
  • Options
    Does anyone know if this has been answered in another thread?
    If I can't progress as usual then I want to pull out of the beta.
  • Options
    DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,686 Guardian
    Snizzbar wrote: »
    I was thinking this too. The beta page say progress in the beta servers will not transfer to your main account, so will I just be wasting my time?

I'm not in the beta, but having participated in lots of betas the way it generally works is they have separate beta servers you can sign into and when the beta starts they copy your live account to the beta server. You are generally allowed to play either on live or beta, but anything you do on beta only counts there. If you arena grind on beta, that progress will not show up on live. But you probably can switch between beta and live at will, so you can do testing on beta and still play normally on live as you wish.

Someone in the beta would have to confirm this, but that's how its worked in every MMO beta I've participated in, and I've participated in betas on over a dozen different games.
  • Options
    Thanks mate.
    Of course I forgot though - the first rule of Beta Club is we do not talk about Beta Club
  • Options
    DNA3000 wrote: »

I'm not in the beta, but having participated in lots of betas the way it generally works is they have separate beta servers you can sign into and when the beta starts they copy your live account to the beta server. You are generally allowed to play either on live or beta, but anything you do on beta only counts there. If you arena grind on beta, that progress will not show up on live. But you probably can switch between beta and live at will, so you can do testing on beta and still play normally on live as you wish.

Someone in the beta would have to confirm this, but that's how its worked in every MMO beta I've participated in, and I've participated in betas on over a dozen different games.

This is correct! If you sign up for the Beta, you'll notice a bright orange button at the top of your Home Screen. That is the Beta Hub. You use this Hub to switch from the Beta Server to the Live Server. You are not locked into the Beta if you sign up.
  • Options
    Deebo4300Deebo4300 Posts: 91
    So if you are in the beta, do you only have red hulk and Luke cage at your current level or so you get access to max level champs. Since these champs are generally not taken to higher levels, it would be hard to learn much from rank 3 4* of either champ.
  • Options
    Deebo4300 wrote: »
    So if you are in the beta, do you only have red hulk and Luke cage at your current level or so you get access to max level champs. Since these champs are generally not taken to higher levels, it would be hard to learn much from rank 3 4* of either champ.

Actually, it is possible they want beta testers with different versions of the champions testing at different levels and on different content.

Alternatively, remember that what happens in beta stays in beta. You can always rank up anything on the beta server, because none of that occurs on the live server so you aren't spending live resources.
  • Options
    BobomanBoboman Posts: 716 ★★

This is correct! If you sign up for the Beta, you'll notice a bright orange button at the top of your Home Screen. That is the Beta Hub. You use this Hub to switch from the Beta Server to the Live Server. You are not locked into the Beta if you sign up.

Where do you sign up for the beta?
  • Options
    phillgreenphillgreen Posts: 3,685 ★★★★★
    It was asked in another thread but here seems like the best place for it.

If all inventory/stash is duplicated to the Beta server, can we use cats/resources/units etc in the Beta and retain them on the live server?

I understand that gains from the Beta aren't retained, I just don't want to lose them on the Live.

• Options
    Boboman wrote: »

Where do you sign up for the beta?

You have to be offered. Everyone I know that got the offer got it in in-game email.
  • Options
    phillgreen wrote: »
    It was asked in another thread but here seems like the best place for it.

If all inventory/stash is duplicated to the Beta server, can we use cats/resources/units etc in the Beta and retain them on the live server?

I understand that gains from the Beta aren't retained, I just don't want to lose them on the Live.

The reason why they say gains aren't retained is because you are playing on different servers with a copy of the game. In fact, you can play on live and on beta in the same day, and each version of the game is separate and independent. If you use rank up resources on beta, the live servers don't even know it happened. The beta is effectively a different game that just happens to look like MCOC live.
  • Options
    phillgreenphillgreen Posts: 3,685 ★★★★★
    Cheers mate, appreciate your reply.