Crucible Crystal Theory

Wicket329Wicket329 Member Posts: 3,327 ★★★★★
This month (tomorrow, I think?) we see The Crucible hit the game, which looks rad as hell. It’s been noted in the rewards that there is a “Crucible Crystal.” My initial instinct was that this would be another specialized pool of champions. But, with the update now in our hands, the new champions we see in the 7* pool are the previously announced Reunion champs, Hood, and Superior Iron Man. The last two are almost certainly filling out the Titan pool rotation.

So then, what is the Crucible Crystal? My theory is that it is like the Abyss Nexus Crystal, a brand new means of selective champ acquisition. There are other possibilities, such as how Legends Crystals contain two different selectors on every opening, I could see something in that style as well. What do y’all think? Are you ready to take a crack at this new content?

Comments

• BendyBendy Member Posts: 5,901 ★★★★★
    edited August 6
    Wicket329 said:

This month (tomorrow, I think?) we see The Crucible hit the game, which looks rad as hell. It’s been noted in the rewards that there is a “Crucible Crystal.” My initial instinct was that this would be another specialized pool of champions. But, with the update now in our hands, the new champions we see in the 7* pool are the previously announced Reunion champs, Hood, and Superior Iron Man. The last two are almost certainly filling out the Titan pool rotation.

So then, what is the Crucible Crystal? My theory is that it is like the Abyss Nexus Crystal, a brand new means of selective champ acquisition. There are other possibilities, such as how Legends Crystals contain two different selectors on every opening, I could see something in that style as well. What do y’all think? Are you ready to take a crack at this new content?

Its like the omega days romance crystals with only them in it but crucible are now the reunion champs
  • Yukzii_IIYukzii_II Member Posts: 166 ★★
    the crucible crystal is the reunion champs
  • Emilia90Emilia90 Member Posts: 3,373 ★★★★★
    I thought the crucible crystal was just the 7 reunion champs
  • JLordVileJJLordVileJ Member Posts: 3,298 ★★★★
    Its just reunion champs
  • Wicket329Wicket329 Member Posts: 3,327 ★★★★★
    Well that’s disappointing. I thought it was a thing separate and apart from the Reunion event.
  • UsagicassidyUsagicassidy Member Posts: 1,303 ★★★★
    Wicket329 said:

This month (tomorrow, I think?) we see The Crucible hit the game, which looks rad as hell.

Next Wednesday.
    edited August 6
    Wicket329 said:

Wicket329 said:

This month (tomorrow, I think?) we see The Crucible hit the game, which looks rad as hell.

Next Wednesday.
    I’m really just making a run at getting as much wrong as possible in one post today. Appreciate the corrections, y’all.
    It's all good - I had to dig through 5 pages of forum topics to get to the Livestream that the lovely user posted cause I had the same question this morning. Kabam still doesn't have an official Livestream post or pinned topic.

Wicket329 said:

Next Wednesday.

Next Wednesday?
    edited August 6
    Emilia90 said:

Wicket329 said:

Next Wednesday.

Next Wednesday?

Gif response that will show my age but whatever this thread’s a wash anyway 😂
    Wicket329 said:

Emilia90 said:

Wicket329 said:

Next Wednesday.

Next Wednesday?

Haha it’s cool, I would’ve thought it was different too if I didn’t catch the stream

Since there isn’t much to do with this thread anyway, who are you hoping for from the crucible crystal?
    Emilia90 said:

Wicket329 said:

Emilia90 said:

Wicket329 said:

Next Wednesday.

Next Wednesday?

Haha it’s cool, I would’ve thought it was different too if I didn’t catch the stream

Since there isn’t much to do with this thread anyway, who are you hoping for from the crucible crystal?
    Tough call, honestly. I didn’t pull Misty or iHulk until way too late in the 6* lifespan to really give them a fair shake, so they could be fun to mess around with. I think Venompool is the no-brainer champ, Punisher is the no-brainer defender (but also really potent on attack, I have an r5 I had been planning on ascending until this pool got announced), but White Mags is I think the sleeper pick. Crit rating stat focus to make those specials crit more often will do him a world of good. Man-Thing is also just a great champ, would love to get him.

So I guess my personal order is 1) Mags, 2) Venompool, 3) Punisher2099, 4) Man-Thing, 5) iHulk, and 6) Misty. Those last two are lower rated just because I don’t really know them, and I’m already trying to learn too many champs right now 😅
  • JLordVileJJLordVileJ Member Posts: 3,298 ★★★★
    1 venompool
    2 p2099
    3 Wags
    4 iHulk
    5 Man-Thing
    6 Misty
    edited August 6
    Emilia90 said:

Wicket329 said:

Next Wednesday.

Next Wednesday?
    Yeah I was wrong. I thought it lined up with the Reunion Event, which starts August 14. Just another silly thing that they don't line up lol.

I was just going off of the livestream thread which had as much info as they could recall I imagine.
  • Abspain101Abspain101 Member Posts: 181 ★★

Wicket329 said:

Wrong it launches tomorrow the 7th even says it in the slide that was from Fridays live stream which would be correct cause tomorrow would have been next Wednesday then
  • TyEdgeTyEdge Member Posts: 3,096 ★★★★★
    This was so much text that could be boiled down to “missed the stream”
    Wicket329 said:

Emilia90 said:

Wicket329 said:

Emilia90 said:

Wicket329 said:

Next Wednesday.

Next Wednesday?

Tough call, honestly. I didn’t pull Misty or iHulk until way too late in the 6* lifespan to really give them a fair shake, so they could be fun to mess around with. I think Venompool is the no-brainer champ, Punisher is the no-brainer defender (but also really potent on attack, I have an r5 I had been planning on ascending until this pool got announced), but White Mags is I think the sleeper pick. Crit rating stat focus to make those specials crit more often will do him a world of good. Man-Thing is also just a great champ, would love to get him.

So I guess my personal order is 1) Mags, 2) Venompool, 3) Punisher2099, 4) Man-Thing, 5) iHulk, and 6) Misty. Those last two are lower rated just because I don’t really know them, and I’m already trying to learn too many champs right now 😅
    Yeah most of them seem solid. My personal order would be P2099, Man-Thing, Mags, VP, Misty, and then IHulk. I’ve seen 2099 pull some crazy stuff off with collar tech and Man-Thing would be a tank. I’m not too familiar with VP but I haven’t seen much gameplay

Interested to see how Wags does since I haven’t been seeing much of him recently
  • ahmynutsahmynuts Member Posts: 7,266 ★★★★★
    This thread is a trip lmaoo