Best, different counters to Thing, ebony maw

FubbieFubbie Member Posts: 142
With all the new characters this last year, just wondering what are your best counters to Thing and Ebony Maw. Really appreciate the feedback and help.

Comments

• DRTODRTO Member Posts: 1,644 ★★★★★
    Best Thing counter for me is Falcon, just get his locked on ability activated and Thing doesn't gain his rock stacks. Maw I usually use hulk for him, not sure if the best counter but hulk's damage help make it a quick fight
  • Emilia90Emilia90 Member Posts: 3,328 ★★★★★
    Specifically this year, Silk and Photon destroy Maw. Kate takes Thing easily
  • GQuantaoGQuantao Member Posts: 208
    For Thing, I usually use Moleman or Ultron, and occasionally Black Panther. I don't have those other champs mentioned so can't compare. Spider Ham for Maw is my best option.
  • ChAmp08ChAmp08 Member Posts: 64
    Human torch for maw and Nick Fury for thing👍
  • Demonic_embraceDemonic_embrace Member Posts: 179 ★★
    Valkyrie is the best thing counter in the game, and for maw human torch just melts him
  • IvarTheBonelessIvarTheBoneless Member Posts: 1,273 ★★★★
    Emilia90 said:

Specifically this year, Silk and Photon destroy Maw. Kate takes Thing easily

Silk also has slow so maybe she's also good for thing? I haven't tried her tho
  • MiniMFMiniMF Member Posts: 848 ★★★★
    valk and s99
  • Luke9523Luke9523 Member Posts: 944 ★★★
    I use Red Hulk for Maw and Masacre for Thing.
  • FubbieFubbie Member Posts: 142
    Thanks for the wonderful, insightful answers.
  • Milan1405Milan1405 Member Posts: 952 ★★★★
    People forget herc absolutely destroys thing. He's one of my go to counters, actually quicker than valk! Torch is obviously the best maw counter, but titania also works a treat, as does QS.
  • laserjohn26laserjohn26 Member Posts: 1,531 ★★★★★
    Maybe not the best or common counter, but having to use some strange counters in this meta, Viv works really well against maw. And obviously tigra against thing.
  • ArmageddønArmageddøn Member Posts: 817 ★★★
    For Thing - Valk, Kate bishop,black cat,Falcon,Hit monkey
    For Maw- Silk, Titania,Hulk,Torch,Ham
  • srenert1981srenert1981 Member Posts: 3
    Milan1405 said:

People forget herc absolutely destroys thing. He's one of my go to counters, actually quicker than valk! Torch is obviously the best maw counter, but titania also works a treat, as does QS.

Can you please explain how? I don't have any of those other champs and only have Herc, but I don't see how he's a "counter" for thing...
  • srenert1981srenert1981 Member Posts: 3
    edited August 9
    Shang-Chi seems to be amazing - super easy to proc his slow debuf and no more unstoppable :)
    Captain Britain also does a slow debuf on 2nd medium (for 10 seconds).
  • EdisonLawEdisonLaw Member Posts: 5,993 ★★★★★

Milan1405 said:

Can you please explain how? I don't have any of those other champs and only have Herc, but I don't see how he's a "counter" for thing...
    Lol it’s been a year
  • EdisonLawEdisonLaw Member Posts: 5,993 ★★★★★
    Anyways, Crossbones/Falcon for Thing, Titania/Red G for Maw
  • Real_Madrid_76_2Real_Madrid_76_2 Member Posts: 3,545 ★★★★★
    Hit monkey, or kingpin with the sp1 rotation for thing.
    Silk, torch or titania for either melting opponent down or easy access to knock downs against maw
  • Vance2_jrVance2_jr Member Posts: 733 ★★★

Black cat and shang chi works great against thing. Omega sentinel is a neat counter to ebony maw (prevent miss, nullify immune, basically she won't degenerate at all against maw)

OS is genius. Would never have thought of that.