Arena Crystals

Twist1298Twist1298 Member Posts: 182
I've opened quite a few crystals the past few days and struck out on units. I'd like to get some feedback from the community on their experiences with Arena crystals in 2024....

Comments

• Friendly001Friendly001 Member Posts: 248 ★★
    Always buy the small ones, gives you the most opportunities to get units. Even if it’s just a little.
  • FurrymoosenFurrymoosen Member Posts: 3,116 ★★★★★
    I spent 500k battlechips yesterday and got 1,500. I've also gotten 0 out of 500k, too. I go for the TB crystals because I like to feel the pain of getting nothing while in chase the joy of coming out on top.
  • JLordVileJJLordVileJ Member Posts: 3,502 ★★★★
    ...I like the punisher...

• PT_99PT_99 Member Posts: 4,171 ★★★★★
    Open the middle ones

Smaller ones are too boring
    Biggest ones are too risky
  • Mikes_momMikes_mom Member Posts: 140
    Smaller ones are the best from my experience. I usually get 2k-2.5k units for every 1m chips.
  • Twist1298Twist1298 Member Posts: 182
    Mikes_mom said:

Smaller ones are the best from my experience. I usually get 2k-2.5k units for every 1m chips.

Based on my experiences this is the same thing for most, but the sad thing is the percentage reads the same no matter what version is opened which I feel is a bad look.
    I was hoping when they buffed the other crystals that would include Arena crystals but Kabam probably looks at that as engagement and keeping players logging in.
  • EdisonLawEdisonLaw Member Posts: 6,463 ★★★★★
    Try opening Uncollected arena crystals, other crystals aren't worth it
  • ButtehrsButtehrs Member Posts: 5,679 ★★★★★
    I opened a TB crystal today, got 1100 units it's all RNG.
    Buttehrs said:

What I don't understand is if it's completely RNG, then the percentages put on display for crystals is a lie and if that's the case well, that's false advertising no?
    Twist1298 said:

Buttehrs said:

What I don't understand is if it's completely RNG, then the percentages put on display for crystals is a lie and if that's the case well, that's false advertising no?
    Only if you look at it from the sample size of the individual player. The drop rates are accurate according to a larger scale of crystal openings. You still have a 15% chance of pulling units out of every crystal you open, but if you open 10 crystal then 15% is impossible and you will either be less successful or more successful than the stated odds. Should it be false advertising then?
    On a full player base scale the odds should be accurate, but the odds will be realized differently by each individual.
    Every 1 million battlechips should average around 1,800 units, but that means some will get less and others will get more. In that case it is RNG.
  • ButtehrsButtehrs Member Posts: 5,679 ★★★★★
    Twist1298 said:

Buttehrs said:

How can it be a lie? If a crystal says it's a 1% perfect chance then it's highly unlikely your gonna get that 1% aren't you? There's no lie or false advertising in that.

Twist1298 said:

Buttehrs said:

Only if you look at it from the sample size of the individual player. The drop rates are accurate according to a larger scale of crystal openings. You still have a 15% chance of pulling units out of every crystal you open, but if you open 10 crystal then 15% is impossible and you will either be less successful or more successful than the stated odds. Should it be false advertising then?
    On a full player base scale the odds should be accurate, but the odds will be realized differently by each individual.
    Every 1 million battlechips should average around 1,800 units, but that means some will get less and others will get more. In that case it is RNG.
    Interesting take, I was looking at it as a individual account was not thinking about it having to do with the entire player base. 🤔🤔🤔
    edited August 13
    Buttehrs said:

Twist1298 said:

Buttehrs said:

How can it be a lie? If a crystal says it's a 1% perfect chance then it's highly unlikely your gonna get that 1% aren't you? There's no lie or false advertising in that.
    Well you said completely RNG, I was thinking in terms of numbers you used 1% which is the highest probability of not pulling desired items and what the focus was is 15% which is decently better odds hence the reason why featured champions crystals were adjusted back in the day because people were pulling desired champs at a much higher rate . From what I was just told about looking at things from the total player base vs my individual account makes more sense, makes the likelihood much smaller especially since I don't open hundreds of thousands of BC at a time, I do things on a much smaller scale.

edited August 13
    Twist1298 said:

Buttehrs said:

Twist1298 said:

Buttehrs said:

Well you said completely RNG, I was thinking in terms of numbers you used 1% which is the highest probability of not pulling desired items and what the focus was is 15% which is decently better odds hence the reason why featured champions crystals were adjusted back in the day because people were pulling desired champs at a much higher rate .

For individuals it will always be RNG. However things are programmed, it will decide in that moment according to the individual crystal or stack of 10 what the results will be. But for anything with posted odds, Kabam is legally required to abide by the odds they post. So when they made those odds, they decide that X crystals will result in X% of X item being pulled. But that has to be set over the whole of the game because programming a crystal odds bubble for every individual player on every individual crystal would make it so that there is no phone on this planet with enough memory to download the game. Not to mention most individual players will not reach the required crystals to meet those odds on most crystals.
  • SummonerNRSummonerNR Member, Guardian Posts: 12,355 Guardian
    The “completely by RNG” still has to be built on something for that RNG to use.

So say they have an underlying table of 100 entries.
    The “odds” dictate what is allocated to each of those 100 Table Entries.

So say 1 - 15 has Units allocated to them.
    Other numbers above that (also according to stated odds) will be either Low or High amount of Gold, as well as Energy. And 1 for the unique Champ (although overall table would have to be bigger than just 100, because Champ is rarer than 1%).

So then rolling a 100 sided RNG dice is indeed Random. But the outcome (over time) obviously has a distribution based on the Odds that the Table of Entries is built upon.

The “completely by RNG” still has to be built on something for that RNG to use.

So say they have an underlying table of 100 entries.
    The “odds” dictate what is allocated to each of those 100 Table Entries.

So say 1 - 15 has Units allocated to them.
    Other numbers above that (also according to stated odds) will be either Low or High amount of Gold, as well as Energy. And 1 for the unique Champ (although overall table would have to be bigger than just 100, because Champ is rarer than 1%).

So then rolling a 100 sided RNG dice is indeed Random. But the outcome (over time) obviously has a distribution based on the Odds that the Table of Entries is built upon.

Thank you for this in depth look