Champion review: Patriot

2»

Comments

• PT_99PT_99 Member Posts: 4,023 ★★★★★
    EdisonLaw said:

PT_99 said:

Kabam continuous to release champs which benefits from heavy charge attacks
    But
    Kabam continuous to NOT fix AI acting like a total dog and passive whenever a player charges their heavy??

What? AI won't charge at you and will dash back forever. 😃

Looking back at this as well as watching videos on Beta Ray Bill, I do think that Patriot may benefit from having Infuriate in his kit to trigger his reversal more easily rather than relying on the inconsistent AI. What do we think of this?
    I think patriot exists just as sole photon counter, which was not needed at all, Elsa Kingping ladyD were handling her alright and even then he's slower than Elsa KingP.

He has no uniqueness that he brings to table.
  • Chief_WiggumChief_Wiggum Member Posts: 75
    edited August 12
    EdisonLaw said:

PT_99 said:

But
    Kabam continuous to NOT fix AI acting like a total dog and passive whenever a player charges their heavy??

Looking back at this as well as watching videos on Beta Ray Bill, I do think that Patriot may benefit from having Infuriate in his kit to trigger his reversal more easily rather than relying on the inconsistent AI. What do we think of this?
    Exactly a reverse of BRB's kit when holding heavy.. have them apply infuriate so they are more likely dash in at you when you hold block is what i proposed in the first post after OP. Looks like the same tech is available now and just need to be applied for Patriot.

I think his abilty to turn off inequity will be more important in some circumstances than we think.
    This current BG meta does him no favours with all the armour breaks negating his block proficiency and his kit to block Photon specials .. no way to try him properly other than EQ.. and even there he was a bit slow as he doesn't fit the nodes very well.

I can see how he's tuning is being a little conservative.. DLL didn't want to create another KingPin.. as he has expressed how KP is overtuned in many streams.

He could be a really good alternate KingPin type skill champ with one or two small changes.
  • EdisonLawEdisonLaw Member Posts: 6,091 ★★★★★
    PT_99 said:

EdisonLaw said:

PT_99 said:

But

I think patriot exists just as sole photon counter, which was not needed at all, Elsa Kingping ladyD were handling her alright and even then he's slower than Elsa KingP.

He has no uniqueness that he brings to table.
    I personally think this is the problem, he may be one of the best Photon counters but other skill champs are more versatile. But he’s not bad

EdisonLaw said:

PT_99 said:

But

Exactly a reverse of BRB's kit when holding heavy.. have them apply infuriate so they are more likely dash in at you when you hold block is what i proposed in the first post after OP. Looks like the same tech is available now and just need to be applied for Patriot.

I think his abilty to turn off inequity will be more important in some circumstances than we think.
    This current BG meta does him no favours with all the armour breaks negating his block proficiency and his kit to block Photon specials .. no way to try him properly other than EQ.. and even there he was a bit slow as he doesn't fit the nodes very well.

I can see how he's tuning is being a little conservative.. DLL didn't want to create another KingPin.. as he has expressed how KP is overtuned in many streams.

He could be a really good alternate KingPin type skill champ with one or two small changes.
    I thought his sig allows him to ignore block penetration, especially from science champs?
    Well another Patriot video just dropped, and this one seems to be pretty honest.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qbcRLtfPWFY&t=177s

Also I forget to mention some of his more bad matchups besides Void, like Mr Fantastic (as seen in the video), and other champs who punish opponents debuffs.
  • Wolf911Wolf911 Member Posts: 401 ★★★
    EdisonLaw said:

Well another Patriot video just dropped, and this one seems to be pretty honest.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qbcRLtfPWFY&t=177s

Also I forget to mention some of his more bad matchups besides Void, like Mr Fantastic (as seen in the video), and other champs who punish opponents debuffs.

his damage is good

but he needs AAR or unstoppable/evade counter or both

a disorient on sp1 would be nice

then he could be one of the top 10 skill champs and not just a photon counter
  • WednesdayLengthWednesdayLength Member Posts: 1,039 ★★★
    EdisonLaw said:

PT_99 said:

But

They aren't going to give him infuriate since the end goal would be to fix the ai issues
  • LokxLokx Member Posts: 1,232 ★★★★
    Tbh you don’t need to infuriate. Hold block then let them hit into your block once then immediately use your heavy and they will always hit into it.
    Lokx said:

Tbh you don’t need to infuriate. Hold block then let them hit into your block once then immediately use your heavy and they will always hit into it.

I actually tried that out and it works. Thanks, but you might still take block damage
    edited August 22
    double post