Which 6* Tech To Prioritise

PantherusNZPantherusNZ Member Posts: 2,017 ★★★★★
I'm finding that I need to prioritise a Tech advancement - I was hanging out to pull Ghost because I loved using her in the 5* days (even as an ascended 5* her damage is really starting to lack) but after 3 Tech Nexus crystals in a row failed to offer her up I need to focus elsewhere, but I'm a bit stumped for who to priotise because I don't really know how to use any of them and/or what specialty they offer that I'm lacking. I've tried watching some videos but having a hard time putting it into practice.

I've got no 7* Techs at all. I've got Warlock as my only R4, then a bunch of R3s whom I pretty much entirely took up due to Tier Lists etc, then a couple of older R2s and a bunch at R1.

For Context I'm Paragon, have done a Completion run of everything in Story including 8.3 and am working through exploring Act 8 in anticipation of 8.4 releasing - this rank-up could be useful for 8.3.5's Bishop boss. I've also done a single run of Necropolis but am not expecting to do it again any time soon so I'm counting on Act 8's exploration giving what I need to become Valiant. I mostly just do general content, low-pressure AW, but am looking to dip my toes back into Battlegrounds now that my roster's had a real shake-up.

What I would really appreciate, please, is not only recommendations for which of these champs I should be looking to prioritise, but also why and where they're most useful - like they're great for the Tech chapter in EQ, or they're amazing through Acts 7 and 8 to explore. I know Shuri is one of the champs for Necropolis, but is it worth investing all the resources into a 6* for that? I'm finding it all a bit of information overload now so getting some direct advice would be really helpful - thanks!

Comments

• MackeyMackey Member Posts: 1,597 ★★★★★
    Ultron or Nimrod
  • Milan1405Milan1405 Member Posts: 952 ★★★★
    Nimrod and FAM are probably your best bets.

Personally, I rank 5ed and ascended my 6 star shuri to do necro and she was really good for some of the fights like attuma, namor, psychoman etc. I pulled her as a 7 star a couple of months later but I don't regret it as you can't assume you will get her as a 7 star as the only selector available is for necro exploration sadly.
  • OakenshieldOakenshield Member Posts: 2,085 ★★★★
    If you are thinking of getting into BGs, Fantman is great for an additional investment. Aside from that I’d say Nimrod or Shuri.

I did Necropolis exploration with an R4 Shuri since I hadn’t managed to pull her as a 7*, and she did great.
  • captain_rogerscaptain_rogers Member Posts: 7,879 ★★★★★
    FAM is good for all areas in the game.nimrod does whatever he does at r3.

FAM is really safe option cuz you can get a entire combo even against a boss or something still survive, shrug off, heal back and stun the opponent. This may seem unbelievably but whenever i struggle to find a opening for attack while using fam, and opponent don't have a special attack loaded, I just stop blocking and take few hits on the face, then the opponent is probably stunned and I start to attack back. Not many champs in this game can do this.
  • DoomDNutzDoomDNutz Member Posts: 19
    Which tech champ to prioritize?

• PantherusNZPantherusNZ Member Posts: 2,017 ★★★★★
    @DoomDNutz Ghost if you know how to use her, otherwise Warlock.
  • HoadyOZHoadyOZ Member Posts: 248
    DoomDNutz said:

Which tech champ to prioritize?

I used my 5* Warlock on a lot of chapter 7 content. He won’t let you down.
    I never got the hang of Ghost, but I also use Omega Sentinel a lot. She is great because you can change her prefight ability during a fight which is pretty handy. Heal block and Tracking are good skills to have.
    Punisher 2099 is a good counter to some tricky match ups. He has a good heal block for Sinister and is also a good Bishop counter.

• EdisonLawEdisonLaw Member Posts: 6,077 ★★★★★
    NimGod
    EdisonLaw said:

NimGod

Don't know why this guy necro'ed my old post, but I was happy to just answer him. But for my account I have since taken both Nimrod and Fanta to R5, and also pulled some amazing 7* Techs, specifically Shuri.
  • DoomDNutzDoomDNutz Member Posts: 19
    @PantherusNZ I was trying to post a discussion and misclicked, so my bad.
    Thanks for the advise tho took warlock to r4
    @DoomDNutz all good bro. Enjoy that warlock
  • EdisonLawEdisonLaw Member Posts: 6,077 ★★★★★

EdisonLaw said:

NimGod

Don't know why this guy necro'ed my old post, but I was happy to just answer him. But for my account I have since taken both Nimrod and Fanta to R5, and also pulled some amazing 7* Techs, specifically Shuri.
    Didn’t see the date lol