I Think Northstar Needs a Buff

JethuaJethua Member Posts: 98
But I don’t know what that buff should be. What do you think?

I Think Northstar Needs a Buff 80 votes

Yes, he needs a buff
65%
BigPoppaCBONESecondSkrillerRobbieRampagetravgiantThatGuyYouSaw235LPtheArtist_666GyanemdjerGulfstream550t123459Jakeparker1Usagicassidycaptain_rogersSilverbolt69TripleBWorldEaterItsClobberinTimeHassamaMamaGiodood_1Wolf911spacejumper5193 52 votes
No, he is good as is
35%
CondemnedToeVegeta9001Foxhero007BrokenKing_KurisuPikoluPureskilzz000GhostPoolSpiderpeixemacacoDoctor_Strange19Joker1976Shock29AzenstarChiefGoatShiroMikazukiNONYABIZZSceptilemaniac2KatzerRealWizardOliver345781 28 votes

Comments

• JLordVileJJLordVileJ Member Posts: 3,039 ★★★★
    edited August 15
    Haven't played him haven't versed him, but quite frankly if he isn't the most broken speedster in the game something is wrong.

A snippet from x factor

• UsagicassidyUsagicassidy Member Posts: 1,302 ★★★★
    Yes, he needs a buff
    Love Leah Williams' X-Factor, so thanks for that!
    FYI that is speed northstar is talking too, QUICKSILVERS NEPHEW. WHO HAS THE SAME POWERS AS HIS UNCLE. Yep. Thats how fast northstar is.
    Finished reading x factor yesterday, reading all krakoa books in order. X factor was really good. Next up is x force #15 to 26 but I think my online library system only has #15 to 20 so ill have to skip a bit out. Then its xmen 2021 #1 to 9,then children of the atom etc etc.

FYI, if you live in London (and I think Essex as well) there is something called the London Libraries Consortium on Overdrive online. You can also access it on the app libby. The London libraries consortium is owned by all the boroughs in London. So it has a lot of money. So it has a lot of books. And by that I mean ALL the books. Like legit nearly every book, comic and manga you could think of. It has audiobooks too. So if you live in London check it out.
  • Emilia90Emilia90 Member Posts: 3,328 ★★★★★
    Yes, he needs a buff
    He hits hard in Everest content but needs to ramp every fight. Not sure what a buff for him would look like but I don’t think they’d ever make him good for BG or something
  • Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Member Posts: 7,388 ★★★★★
    You say he needs a buff but you don't know why?
  • JethuaJethua Member Posts: 98
    Yes, he needs a buff
    To add: i have a 7*. I love north star and think he is great. However, something is really missing. He just neeeds to like be able to carry over some of his ramp, or he needs for front loaded or backloaded damage because something is just not working.

Finished reading x factor yesterday, reading all krakoa books in order. X factor was really good. Next up is x force #15 to 26 but I think my online library system only has #15 to 20 so ill have to skip a bit out. Then its xmen 2021 #1 to 9,then children of the atom etc etc.

FYI, if you live in London (and I think Essex as well) there is something called the London Libraries Consortium on Overdrive online. You can also access it on the app libby. The London libraries consortium is owned by all the boroughs in London. So it has a lot of money. So it has a lot of books. And by that I mean ALL the books. Like legit nearly every book, comic and manga you could think of. It has audiobooks too. So if you live in London check it out.

And check if there is a separate overdrive online library in your area if you don't live in London
  • NONYABIZZNONYABIZZ Member Posts: 418 ★★★
    edited August 15
    No, he is good as is
    Most champs released this year need one but I don't think he's as NEEDING as the champs that NEED it.
    He was designed for Everest content, he doesn't do it the best but he can do it. I think that's what they were aiming for in the first place. If his damage was pathetic for example or inconsistent for what he was designed for, then he would definitely need one.
    Basically he's less terrible than the other champs who NEED some kind of tune up and we know that's good enough for kabam.
    He's not getting touched
  • HarryatomixHarryatomix Member Posts: 229 ★★
    NONYABIZZ said:

Most champs released this year need one but I don't think he's as NEEDING as the champs that NEED it.
    He was designed for Everest content, he doesn't do it the best but he can do it. I think that's what they were aiming for in the first place. If his damage was pathetic for example or inconsistent for what he was designed for, then he would definitely need one.
    Basically he's less terrible than the other champs who NEED some kind of tune up and we know that's good enough for kabam.
    He's not getting touched

He has offense rating of 4.5/5. With that high rating and him being everest should mean he should be faster than any other champ in game for everest, which he is not. He needs faster ramp and start with some momentum in bgs.
  • ShiroMikazukiShiroMikazuki Member Posts: 512 ★★★
    No, he is good as is
    If he was from the south he’d be called southstar 🤔
  • Chief_WiggumChief_Wiggum Member Posts: 75
    Yes, he needs a buff
    Been trying to love my 7* , took him for two fights in the crucible.

I like his kit on paper but i find it very difficult to make him work when a few nodes are in play. Not totally a fan of the variable timing of stuff in his kit like slow.. its 10s to start but add 2s per momentum.. just make it 15 to 18s and be done with it.. easier to manage.

Didn't really make a difference in these fights but carry over of momentum would be logical and helpful for long form content.

I do wish he had some uses short form in BG. We should be able to ramp up momentum "quickly" for fast rotations as befitting a speedster.. and let it fall off quicker (Sp2/sp1s). Have a long form rotation using SP3 with higher ceiling which you can maintain for very long/indefinite periods using SP3s between sp1s.

He's fun to play but ultimately for me very unsatisfying at the moment unless you get everything right in the node combos you want him to work on.
  • SecondSkrillerSecondSkriller Member Posts: 1,314 ★★★★★
    Yes, he needs a buff
    Extremely lackluster champion that I hope to not pull, it’s kinda crazy that he’s not even broken in everest content…
  • EdisonLawEdisonLaw Member Posts: 5,993 ★★★★★
    edited August 16
    Yes, he needs a buff
    He’s the worst new addition to the titan, because he has almost no use for players who have completed necro already, being nearly useless in BGs because he requires a ramp up, plus other Killmonger counters are faster than him.
    Arcade at least can be an ok defender and has some utility, Patriot is alright but needs the dupe and sigs, Leader can reverse power gain and regeneration very well so he’s good for meta mystic and power gain defenders
  • ThatGuyYouSaw235ThatGuyYouSaw235 Member Posts: 3,233 ★★★★★
    Yes, he needs a buff
    Having pulled him from the titan and now owning him at r2. I'd say Northstar has great damage, but suffers for a lack of speed. That being said, there shouldn't be too much to tune in order to elevate him a bit.

Even though Northstar was designed for long fights, you can tune him for shorter fights by launching an SP2 near power to cash in on the speed burst and you'd be able to throw in two SP1s to KO the opponent. The problem is that it feels slow and you'll need the AI to co-operate with an intercept so that the SP2 can trigger Speed Burst.

I'd honestly suggest just giving Northstar a slight say +7.5% - +10% Power Rate boost when he doesn't have his Speed Burst. This will round off Northstar in both short and long fights as he'll be able to reach his Specials faster when he's off of Speed Burst.

I'd also mention that allowing Northstar to trigger a Speed Burst via a Special Intercept will help him to make him feel more fluid and give him an easier way to trigger Speed Burst.
    Yes, he needs a buff

Having pulled him from the titan and now owning him at r2. I'd say Northstar has great damage, but suffers for a lack of speed. That being said, there shouldn't be too much to tune in order to elevate him a bit.

Even though Northstar was designed for long fights, you can tune him for shorter fights by launching an SP2 near power to cash in on the speed burst and you'd be able to throw in two SP1s to KO the opponent. The problem is that it feels slow and you'll need the AI to co-operate with an intercept so that the SP2 can trigger Speed Burst.

I'd honestly suggest just giving Northstar a slight say +7.5% - +10% Power Rate boost when he doesn't have his Speed Burst. This will round off Northstar in both short and long fights as he'll be able to reach his Specials faster when he's off of Speed Burst.

I'd also mention that allowing Northstar to trigger a Speed Burst via a Special Intercept will help him to make him feel more fluid and give him an easier way to trigger Speed Burst.

Also he kinda needs to have persistent charges, otherwise you have to ramp him over and over again
    Yes, he needs a buff

I like his kit on paper but i find it very difficult to make him work when a few nodes are in play. Not totally a fan of the variable timing of stuff in his kit like slow.. its 10s to start but add 2s per momentum.. just make it 15 to 18s and be done with it.. easier to manage.

Didn't really make a difference in these fights but carry over of momentum would be logical and helpful for long form content.

I do wish he had some uses short form in BG. We should be able to ramp up momentum "quickly" for fast rotations as befitting a speedster.. and let it fall off quicker (Sp2/sp1s). Have a long form rotation using SP3 with higher ceiling which you can maintain for very long/indefinite periods using SP3s between sp1s.

He's fun to play but ultimately for me very unsatisfying at the moment unless you get everything right in the node combos you want him to work on.

Maybe he should start with some reverb or prowess in BGs. I don’t understand why champs like Spider Punk and Serpent have bonuses in BGs while Northstar does not.
  • ThatGuyYouSaw235ThatGuyYouSaw235 Member Posts: 3,233 ★★★★★
    Yes, he needs a buff
    EdisonLaw said:

Also he kinda needs to have persistent charges, otherwise you have to ramp him over and over again
    He wouldn't need Persistent Momentum if you ask me. He's not designed to be a new Aegon or Stryfe, he's closer to Guillotine 2099. I'd rather suggest a bonus in the following fight based on how many Momentum charges he ended the last fight with as a Cross-Fight ability. Say...

When completing a fight, Northstar places a Cross-Fight Speed Boost on himself for each Momentum Charge he ended the fight with. When entering another fight, Northstar consumes all of his Speed Boosts to reduce the cooldown of Speed Burst by 1.2 seconds and gain 2.2% (or something similar) of his max power for each Speed Boost charge.

Giving him persistent Momentum would make Northstar very broken considering he has bonkers damage when he is fully ramped up, if they were to do it I'd predict they'd have to slightly nerf Momentum or split the Momentum bonuses over more charges.
    Yes, he needs a buff

EdisonLaw said:

He wouldn't need Persistent Momentum if you ask me. He's not designed to be a new Aegon or Stryfe, he's closer to Guillotine 2099. I'd rather suggest a bonus in the following fight based on how many Momentum charges he ended the last fight with as a Cross-Fight ability. Say...

When completing a fight, Northstar places a Cross-Fight Speed Boost on himself for each Momentum Charge he ended the fight with. When entering another fight, Northstar consumes all of his Speed Boosts to reduce the cooldown of Speed Burst by 1.2 seconds and gain 2.2% (or something similar) of his max power for each Speed Boost charge.

Giving him persistent Momentum would make Northstar very broken considering he has bonkers damage when he is fully ramped up, if they were to do it I'd predict they'd have to slightly nerf Momentum or split the Momentum bonuses over more charges.
    Yeah something closer to that where he speeds up his ramp each time he wins a fight.
  • NightheartNightheart Member Posts: 2,033 ★★★★
    I don't have him so can't comment on this but he's meant for long form content I think he could be tuned to also be decent on short fights as well
  • JethuaJethua Member Posts: 98
    Yes, he needs a buff
    Is it possible that he is not very good for long form content either? I mean, he is only ok at best. Adam warlock does it better than him sometimes
  • PolygonPolygon Member Posts: 4,328 ★★★★★
    Dont all the champs from 2024 need a buff lmao
    Yes, he needs a buff
    Polygon said:

Dont all the champs from 2024 need a buff lmao

#NerfSerpentDontBuffHim
  • Vegeta9001Vegeta9001 Member Posts: 1,682 ★★★★★
    edited August 16
    No, he is good as is
    He's a long fight character, the only "buff" they could give him is shortening his ramp up, or giving him a partial carry over between fights. Even long fights he's only like a 7.5/10 fully ramped up, but not every champ can be a 10.
  • WednesdayLengthWednesdayLength Member Posts: 1,010 ★★★

NONYABIZZ said:

He's not getting touched

He has offense rating of 4.5/5. With that high rating and him being everest should mean he should be faster than any other champ in game for everest, which he is not. He needs faster ramp and start with some momentum in bgs.
    That's absolutely not what the 4.5 rating means
  • bhuv9191bhuv9191 Member Posts: 274 ★★
    Jethua said:

But I don’t know what that buff should be. What do you think?

what??

we have NORTHSTAR in champions list??

damn, never knwon of!!
  • NONYABIZZNONYABIZZ Member Posts: 418 ★★★
    edited August 16
    No, he is good as is
    EdisonLaw said:

Maybe he should start with some reverb or prowess in BGs. I don’t understand why champs like Spider Punk and Serpent have bonuses in BGs while Northstar does not.
    Because he wasn't designed for battlegrounds
    Do y'all even listen to the Livestream when they talk about "The AIMS of the new champions"
    Northstar was not designed to be a battlegrounds champion and that's totally okay.
    Y'all need to let the must be a BG champ down a lil bit. They've stated SEVERALLY that he is not supposed to be used in battlegrounds. This isn't applicable to the rest of the mid attackers this year and I'm not excusing kabam for lackluster BG champs, just specifically him.
    He's not the best fit battlegrounds, but his damage is absurd in longer fights which he was designed for. They didn't buff corvus because he's only good for the first 20 hits in a fight lmao
    Jethua said:

Is it possible that he is not very good for long form content either? I mean, he is only ok at best. Adam warlock does it better than him sometimes

Have you seen the damage he can churn out?
    EdisonLaw said:

Not every champion needs persistent charges