The Dr. Strange vs Cyclops Issue

Nacho98Nacho98 Posts: 244 ★★

Obviously the community is split right down the middle with this summoners choice. We’ve got two popular champs that both deserve huge overhauls with brand new kits. My ask to Kabam is, can we ditch one new champ next year and just buff these two during the same month? How the new Ironman came alongside Gladiator. Can we get a month of double reworks? I would much rather have two iconic characters be good in the game than only one and a new champ. What are your thoughts?

Comments

• BigBlueOxBigBlueOx Posts: 1,989 ★★★★★
    I’m just sitting here hoping the voters recall
    that there are 2 cyclops that’s are essentially just reskins of each other and if Blue wins then Red might get some love too. We have had a situation like this since Mags and Wags.
  • EdisonLawEdisonLaw Posts: 5,852 ★★★★★
    edited August 16
    Just do both, it'll make everyone happy, they don't even need to be the same month
  • NuclearNuclear Posts: 26

I don't think Kabam would do that due to financial reasons. They don't make money on reworks since most summoners would have the champs already. New champs will generate money for the company. Kabam being a business can't survive without more income every month. Maybe than they do both but at different times and still release new champs as planned.

Well they do... if they get re-released as 7 star ;)
  • PandingoPandingo Posts: 1,026 ★★★★
    Issue? We are TRYING to tie
  • LokxLokx Posts: 1,197 ★★★★
    edited August 16
    A single month in the year where it’s just one or two overhaul buff for some classic champs wouldn’t be bad.

Like you said with how gladiator came out with iron man. Infact i wouldn’t mind it if the month where the summoners choice champ comes out, the rework champ comes out along with them. Like next month would have been cool to have shathra come out with a classic champ overhaul.
  • MagicsolMagicsol Posts: 17
    Pandingo said:

Issue? We are TRYING to tie

Then that most likely will result to a heads or tails type of situation.
    Only one can come out winner
  • J0eySn0wJ0eySn0w Posts: 938 ★★★★
    Nuclear said:

I don't think Kabam would do that due to financial reasons. They don't make money on reworks since most summoners would have the champs already. New champs will generate money for the company. Kabam being a business can't survive without more income every month. Maybe than they do both but at different times and still release new champs as planned.

Not only that, businesses also thrive on keeping their customers by making them happy. Heck! I know I still use certain business for how they’ve dealt with me during crisis or difficulties. My point is, sales only aren’t and shouldn’t be the only reason for businesses to thrive. That’s said, if Kabam should find what OP is proposing, there’s no way that crushes the business even if sales in new champ do down that month. Might probably help them in the long run, who knows.
  • PriyabrataPriyabrata Posts: 1,218 ★★★★
    edited August 17
    The community is trying to make a binding vow with kabam to buff both champs if the pole's a tie
  • PT_99PT_99 Posts: 3,951 ★★★★★
    Just buff Captain America instead 😵‍💫
    edited August 17
    It’s still 50/50 as of currently but we have two more days, so it might change
    Halley said:

It's like Trump vs Harris right here right now 😂 Interesting! Voting is more fun than using them 😆

Or Trump vs Clinton, or Trump vs biden lol

Deacon said:

I haven't been able to vote at all via Instagram so there's that. I hope the community chooses well then.

Why voting was put on instagram is beyond me.
    Yeah like why not in-game voting instead similar to the previous Summoner’s choice
  • Nacho98Nacho98 Posts: 244 ★★

Deacon said:

I haven't been able to vote at all via Instagram so there's that. I hope the community chooses well then.

At least with Instagram we can see the numbers and live results. With previous years, we had no idea if kabam was being honest. Like, blob didn’t even make it to the final when a large majority of people voiced how they were voting for him
  • Killswitch01Killswitch01 Posts: 683 ★★★

Dr. Strange is taking the lead again... as it should be
  • bhuv9191bhuv9191 Posts: 273 ★★
    Seriously??

Cyclops leading than 'the multiverse saviour'???

Are u guys losing mind? knew it's people's vote.

But giving a worthy tuning up for Dr.Strange (A multiverse hero) and asking to increase his potential since 2018...

Still u guys playing us fool and keeping in this vote meachnism, instead not directly tune up.

The useless GAMORA had 5 times tuned up, why can't strange even once???????????????????

This is exactly like ur stupid algorithm in crystal opening. Keeping CGR in-between 4 groot's and we always won't get what we wanted

If cyclops wins, i'm leaving MCOC!
  • WednesdayLengthWednesdayLength Posts: 990 ★★★
    DNA3000 said:

J0eySn0w said:

Nuclear said:

Not only that, businesses also thrive on keeping their customers by making them happy. Heck! I know I still use certain business for how they’ve dealt with me during crisis or difficulties. My point is, sales only aren’t and shouldn’t be the only reason for businesses to thrive. That’s said, if Kabam should find what OP is proposing, there’s no way that crushes the business even if sales in new champ do down that month. Might probably help them in the long run, who knows.
    Whenever this comes up, there are always arguments that say that Kabam won't or can't do this because it would be a financial burden, and then there are arguments that say Kabam should do this because it is better for business if the customers are happy, and the customers would be happy if you did what they suggest.

All interesting debate fodder, but in actuality all completely moot. The real reason why Kabam is highly unlikely to act on a suggestion like this is very straight forward. The game - not just the pixels that show up on your screen, but the entirety of the game as a business entity - is built on a complex monetization and development pipeline. You don't tinker with these things just because someone makes a suggestion.

It isn't impossible that one day we'll get two reworks and only one new champion. In fact in 2020 we only had one new champ in December (Spider Ham) probably to make space in the development pipeline for Platinumpool and WeaponX. But when such decisions are made, they are made in a very calculated way, factoring in development and business issues we honestly aren't privy to and cannot anticipate as a result. If they do it they are going to have to answer questions like how does this shift the monetization model, the pipeline for early access bundles, the workflow of the developers working on new champs and reworks, and a ton of stuff that would completely swamp the notion that hey, maybe a couple players on the forums would be happy if we did this.

There's no harm in suggesting stuff like this, but to be blunt it is never going to happen at the behest of forum suggestions, ever. And if it ever does happen, it will be because the dev team decided they really really really wanted to do it, and were willing to work out all the details necessary to get everyone actually in charge of the game to sign off on it.

Last thing. It is easy to get caught up in the notion that "many players" would like something like this, and thus doing it would make "the players" happy. But the players constantly buying early access bundles, the players spinning featured crystals, the ones burning tons of time and units grinding for the champs in the arena, they are the ones voting for new champs. And their votes count more than forum posts. Player actions count for about a hundred times more than player comments.
    You realise we've only had 1 champion every December since 2019 right
  • Maat1985Maat1985 Posts: 2,337 ★★★★
    Nacho98 said:

Deacon said:

At least with Instagram we can see the numbers and live results. With previous years, we had no idea if kabam was being honest. Like, blob didn’t even make it to the final when a large majority of people voiced how they were voting for him
    we still don't know if they are being honest. lets be real here.....
    if you wore your tin foil hat before why stop wearing it now?
    social media is full of bot accounts.
  • Maat1985Maat1985 Posts: 2,337 ★★★★
    edited August 17
    bhuv9191 said:

Seriously??

But giving a worthy tuning up for Dr.Strange (A multiverse hero) and asking to increase his potential since 2018...

Still u guys playing us fool and keeping in this vote meachnism, instead not directly tune up.

The useless GAMORA had 5 times tuned up, why can't strange even once???????????????????

This is exactly like ur stupid algorithm in crystal opening. Keeping CGR in-between 4 groot's and we always won't get what we wanted

bye felicia
  • Real_Madrid_76_2Real_Madrid_76_2 Posts: 3,545 ★★★★★
    At least there is plenty of synergies to boost cyclops damage, but doctor strange sitting in one corner crying is something else
  • Emilia90Emilia90 Posts: 3,324 ★★★★★
    bhuv9191 said:

Seriously??

Average MCU fan