Summoer's Choice | Is kabam scamming us??

2»

Comments

• MethodMan69MethodMan69 Posts: 217
    bhuv9191 said:

Seriously??

Cyclops leading than 'the multiverse saviour'???

Are u guys losing mind? knew it's people's vote.

But giving a worthy tuning up for Dr.Strange (A multiverse hero) and asking to increase his potential since 2018...

Still u guys playing us fool and keeping in this vote meachnism, instead not directly tune up.

The useless GAMORA had 5 times tuned up, why can't strange even once???????????????????

This is exactly like ur stupid algorithm in crystal opening. Keeping CGR in-between 4 groot's and we always won't get what we wanted

If cyclops wins, i'm leaving MCOC!

Don't leave the world will crumble if you stop playing the game
  • spidyjedi84spidyjedi84 Posts: 343 ★★★
    bhuv9191 said:

Seriously??

But giving a worthy tuning up for Dr.Strange (A multiverse hero) and asking to increase his potential since 2018...

Still u guys playing us fool and keeping in this vote meachnism, instead not directly tune up.

The useless GAMORA had 5 times tuned up, why can't strange even once???????????????????

This is exactly like ur stupid algorithm in crystal opening. Keeping CGR in-between 4 groot's and we always won't get what we wanted

Rooting for Cyclops then.
  • TesladonTesladon Posts: 340 ★★
    I think I sold both of these back in the day
  • NightheartNightheart Posts: 2,031 ★★★★
    Another day another Doug
  • CsuttonCsutton Posts: 222 ★★
    bhuv9191 said:

Seriously??

Do what? 😂😂 oh, and bye!
  • CsuttonCsutton Posts: 222 ★★
    Gamora is an excellent re work. She is very solid for damage, buffs, ability to refresh them easily, has some dot and armor breaks, easy to use… 🤷🏻‍♂️
  • HarryatomixHarryatomix Posts: 229 ★★
    DNA3000 said:

bhuv9191 said:

The stupid algorithm on crystal openings is to pick a couple dozen options to put in the reel so players have something to stare at while the game waits for them to tap the screen, and then the server picks an option at random and sends that to the game client so the game client can inform them of what they got by putting that drop into the reel for them to see. The reel itself has zero influence on what you get. If your game client crashes while the reel is spinning, the server picks a choice at random anyway and gives it to your game account, even though there was no reel spinning. Also, many players simply pop crystals open, where there is no reel spinning at all.

The reason why you might see many multiples of the same champ in the reel is because as mentioned, while the crystal itself might have hundreds of possibilities, the reel never contains more than 30 or so. And the faster you tap, the fewer options in the reel - the reel adds options the longer it spins (I confirmed this myself through testing once upon a time).
    bhuv9191 said:

I voted for Dr. Strange, so it’s nice to know that no matter what happens, there’s no downside.

Once upon a time crystal conspiracies were common and considered reasonable. One of the things I’m most proud of during my tenure with this game is playing no small part in shifting attitudes towards them to be the clown car lunatic fringe of the community. One thing I will miss now that Jax is gone is sharing these expressions of gaming principle with him. I suggested once we do a statistical analysis of what percentage of players who claim they will quit were still around a year after making that claim. But that seemed like a lot of work at the time, and “I quit” posts were already considered hilarious without any of my help.
    Hey @DNA3000 , I have a question regarding the reel. If let's say champ X is not visible in the reel, is it possible get the said champ when I spin the crystal.
  • Awesomep12Awesomep12 Posts: 556 ★★
    DNA3000 said:

bhuv9191 said:

The stupid algorithm on crystal openings is to pick a couple dozen options to put in the reel so players have something to stare at while the game waits for them to tap the screen, and then the server picks an option at random and sends that to the game client so the game client can inform them of what they got by putting that drop into the reel for them to see. The reel itself has zero influence on what you get. If your game client crashes while the reel is spinning, the server picks a choice at random anyway and gives it to your game account, even though there was no reel spinning. Also, many players simply pop crystals open, where there is no reel spinning at all.

The reason why you might see many multiples of the same champ in the reel is because as mentioned, while the crystal itself might have hundreds of possibilities, the reel never contains more than 30 or so. And the faster you tap, the fewer options in the reel - the reel adds options the longer it spins (I confirmed this myself through testing once upon a time).
    bhuv9191 said:

I voted for Dr. Strange, so it’s nice to know that no matter what happens, there’s no downside.

Once upon a time crystal conspiracies were common and considered reasonable. One of the things I’m most proud of during my tenure with this game is playing no small part in shifting attitudes towards them to be the clown car lunatic fringe of the community. One thing I will miss now that Jax is gone is sharing these expressions of gaming principle with him. I suggested once we do a statistical analysis of what percentage of players who claim they will quit were still around a year after making that claim. But that seemed like a lot of work at the time, and “I quit” posts were already considered hilarious without any of my help.
    A man (or woman) of science! Thanks for the explanation. Very insightful 😊
  • ahmynutsahmynuts Posts: 7,138 ★★★★★

DNA3000 said:

bhuv9191 said:

bhuv9191 said:

Hey @DNA3000 , I have a question regarding the reel. If let's say champ X is not visible in the reel, is it possible get the said champ when I spin the crystal.
    Yes. It will show up when the crystal stops
  • MasterSmokeMasterSmoke Posts: 566 ★★★
    Can someone post current results?? I dont have IG to check & i hope cyclops wins
  • cscale0725_gmailcscale0725_gmail Posts: 79
    Joker1976 said:

Wow,..people get this worked up? 😅
    I haven’t even voted,..’cause…i don’t care.

Same here 😆 🤣
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 19,249 Guardian

DNA3000 said:

bhuv9191 said:

bhuv9191 said:

Yes, the spinner (usually) only contains a small subset of all possibilities, but the server chooses your drop from the actual crystal reward table. The reason why the spinner only contains a small number of all the possibilities is probably due to resource management: the more stuff in the spinner, the more graphical resources the spinner takes, and loading several hundred (in the worst case scenario) portraits when you're only going to see a few anyway would be resource inefficient.

Incidentally, the spinner only loads options when you first go into the crystal screen, and as the spinner spins. Which means if you have a hundred crystals to open and you decide to spin them one at a time, you will only see the same thirty or so champs in the spinner for all one hundred openings. If you back out and go back into the spinner, those options are reset, so you can see different options when you spin the same crystal at two different times. But if you stay in the spinner screen, you're only going to see the same stuff over and over.

Note: this is as of the last time I checked, which was a few years ago, but I've seen no evidence that anyone has bothered to change how the spinner works since then.
  • EdisonLawEdisonLaw Posts: 5,852 ★★★★★
    @bhuv9191 Goodbye, we will never see you again. Hope you enjoy life and fare well.
  • EdisonLawEdisonLaw Posts: 5,852 ★★★★★
    Joker1976 said:

EdisonLaw said:

@bhuv9191 Goodbye, we will never see you again. Hope you enjoy life and fare well.

Funny part is OP’s threat to leave the game prolly pushed some people who didn’t care about the outcome to vote for cyclops 😂
    Who knows,..maybe he helped boost Scott Summers to the first place finish 😅
    Then maybe if OP didn’t make this thread, more would vote for Strange, maybe
  • ItsClobberinTimeItsClobberinTime Posts: 5,332 ★★★★★
    @bhuv9191 good riddance! 🫂
  • Asher1_1Asher1_1 Posts: 371 ★★
    Voting:
    -- anyone can vote in insta ,even if they don't play the game.
    --- many have seen X-men 97
    --- if I vote for Cyclops I will make every friend, family members to vote 🤷.

If it ends in 50/50 then kabam employee can vote to whom they want the rework to be done first
  • IronAvengerIronAvenger Posts: 373 ★★
    edited August 20
  • captain_rogerscaptain_rogers Posts: 7,600 ★★★★★
    Auf wiedersehen!
  • Joker1976Joker1976 Posts: 656 ★★★
    Must have been a scam,..probably voter fraud.
    Some Orange guy from the contest told me so,..think it was Thing…😆