Prof Hoff's Family

Comments

• EtherionGodEtherionGod Member Posts: 270 ★★
    I checked out his stream tonight and his mods are banning people trying to talk about mental health when he's ranting about ascension and moving to a new world and evolving , it's making me think of Etika all over again and it's really unsettling. I used to watch his videos like crazy and I hope and he somehow gets the help he needs. Mental health is so important folks, you know exactly how scary this is when you have to deal with it IRL.
  • EdisonLawEdisonLaw Member Posts: 6,119 ★★★★★

His mods are enabling all of this. They don't care about anything but silencing members. For lack of a better term, if you're a mod for Prof, his demise is on your hands.

Then why isn't Youtube alerted?
  • ChiefGoatChiefGoat Member Posts: 158 ★★
    I unsubscribed from his YT page, I don’t care to see drama. It’s why I could never get into the kardashians or any of those house wives of Beverly Hills shows.
  • ChiefGoatChiefGoat Member Posts: 158 ★★
    EdisonLaw said:

Oh god, I see what you mean now. I was scrolling through shorts and prof x livestream came up. Won't repeat but the bit I heard was actually heartbreaking, hope he gets all help and support and my mind is with him

I think he was demanding money or something like that from his viewers
    One of this live streams he was playing the game and taking donations for some issue with his hometown. Doubt people were really donating just to watch him and that glob of spit on the side of his mouth play regular content.
  • willrun4adonutwillrun4adonut Member Posts: 4,104 ★★★★★
    Forgive my ignorance (and this may not even be the place for it), but what is a mod (I'm assuming moderator) for a YouTube channel do and is selected? I keep seeing people mention the mods.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Member, Guardian Posts: 19,301 Guardian

Forgive my ignorance (and this may not even be the place for it), but what is a mod (I'm assuming moderator) for a YouTube channel do and is selected? I keep seeing people mention the mods.

Youtube channel mods typically moderate and control the live chat for live streams and the comment section of videos for Youtube channels. They are often but not always volunteers. They generally have no control over the actual content, though: they can't upload or delete content, nor can they block content from being added to the channel.
  • ReignkingTWReignkingTW Member Posts: 2,774 ★★★★★
    DNA3000 said:

Youtube channel mods typically moderate and control the live chat for live streams and the comment section of videos for Youtube channels. They are often but not always volunteers. They generally have no control over the actual content, though: they can't upload or delete content, nor can they block content from being added to the channel.
    In this morning's stream, they blocked someone when they used the word "crazy", but Hoff said it was ok in that context.
  • SummonerNRSummonerNR Member, Guardian Posts: 12,255 Guardian
    edited August 27
    DNA3000 said:

I think WillRun4Donut is asking… (and I'd be wondering too)

Are Mods specifically assigned to just certain users channels ?
    Or are they a Mod across EVERYBODY'S channels ?
    To certain geographic regions/languages ?
    Just for LiveStreams, or for any Video content ?
    And if only to Moderate other people's replies in Comment section to videos or the channel as a whole, does that mean they have no control over the videos themselves ?

And (all of that above) basically asking (not in the case of Hoff, but in general..) why does it always seem that mass shooters, etc, can do LiveStreams on Platforms like that, and they stay up, etc, etc.
    Or the straight up S…. stuff where they do very dangerous stunts and of course try to get other impressionable kids to do the same S…. stuff and post their own videos about it.
    (Cinnamon challenge (ok, a pet peeve of mine, but), driving a car and hopping out to run along side the car while it's in motion, or things that would be illegal but somehow filming them and pushing those to kids, etc) aka, things that can end up getting someone killed.

Or basically, why can’t platforms like that (yes, I know, costs and manpower) actually have to APPROVE every single video before it can actually be watched by the general public.
    You know, like old fashioned NEWSPAPERS would do before allowing something to be printed.

Or at least, have people such as authorized Mods, etc, be able to see them before other people, and can flag something for needing higher up approval before letting it be seen by the broader public.

And anything LiveStream should have to either be basically pre-approved (like for “Authentic” responsible channels), or else could only be shown on some DELAY (after having been seen by some Mods, etc, before full release (on delay).

But of course, the platforms always argue “well, we’re not the same as a newspaper publisher, we don’t have any responsibility whatsoever toward the well-being of society”.
  • SummonerNRSummonerNR Member, Guardian Posts: 12,255 Guardian

I was thinking this, but didn't want to type anywhere near that long. So DNA's answer was sufficient for my original inquiry.

I know the rambling was long,
    But for the first part, wondering if mods are for example ASSIGNED to various channels, so would get notifications, etc, of new stuff on those specific channels.

And whether it is the channel owners that get to choose people to be able to Moderate their channel comments section (or whatever they can do) ? So, for example, is it his own friends or family who are those extra people who can Moderate people's comments on his channel ?

Or if they are “global mods” and would have to basically stumble upon new content, so could be a long time before someone would see a particular channel ?
  • EdisonLawEdisonLaw Member Posts: 6,119 ★★★★★

Maybe yall should pick better mcoc youtubers to watch. That being said there isn't many but the signs are always there from the start.

Currently I am watching Lagacy and Nagase
  • TheCoverGirlTheCoverGirl Member Posts: 89 ★★
    TheExit27 said:

His mods are enabling all of this. They don't care about anything but silencing members. For lack of a better term, if you're a mod for Prof, his demise is on your hands.

I was going to read all the comments before commenting, but I had to address this issue specifically. I am one of his mods. Prof is a friend who is suddenly dealing/living with being bipolar. This disease runs in the family, and hit him very suddenly. It's up-ended his whole life. Not wanting to take meds, he's run away from home to make a new life. We encourage him to get back on his meds, go to family so he can get help and be watched over, and to take a break from social media. Because he thinks he is 100% fine (which he definitely isn't), he doesn't want to hear that he has problems. He's run off quite a few subscribers, mods and friends in the process. To make matters worse, he's blindly given mod abilities to trolls and a few people he's met irl that are taking advantage of him. THOSE people are banning anyone that brings up Prof needing help... with Prof's blessings. Prof doesn't understand that he isn't well. Every now and then, we're able to spark something in his head that makes him question aloud what he's doing with his life and even ask "who am I"... but those moments are short lived. This whole situation is very sad. I (and other friends of his) have spoken with him on the phone many times since he's gone back on YouTube... again too early for our liking, to try to get him to take care of himself and to try to keep him from doing anything he'd regret. Today's video was of him being angry for being catfished... those people should be ashamed. Prof is also on TikTok & X... and we wish he would stop. But so long as he's unmedicated anything can happen. I won't guard Prof from hearing things he doesn't want to hear... he needs to hear that he's not himself and needs help. He's in his own world and his need to help people is real... and that's what he thinks he's doing. Even if that means he'd illogically blow off his career and make himself bankrupt in the process. Please keep him in your prayers. In the meantime, I will try to get him back on coarse the best I can, IF I can (as will MommaBear, Kikrox and whoever else). And know that if I can't and things get worse for him, I am going to feel his demise was in my hands because he certainly didn't deserve for this to happen to him and I'll always feel like there's more I can do. Sorry this comment was so long.
    I remember on his big anniversary stream before all of this went down. I logged in and commented hi to him as we've been friends a while. He's done a lot of videos with me and about my openings. and he was happy to see me there but I was immediately banned for 24 hours by one of his mods. again this was BEFORE he broke down, so I dunno. Yall have been extremely heavy handed the entire time. Not sure if you remember that happening or not.
  • TheExit27TheExit27 Member Posts: 710 ★★★
    edited August 28

I remember on his big anniversary stream before all of this went down. I logged in and commented hi to him as we've been friends a while. He's done a lot of videos with me and about my openings. and he was happy to see me there but I was immediately banned for 24 hours by one of his mods. again this was BEFORE he broke down, so I dunno. Yall have been extremely heavy handed the entire time. Not sure if you remember that happening or not.

I don't remember that. I can't imagine why that happened. Personally, I was always the last to time-out anyone. Sorry that happened to you. These new guys aren't just banning people, they're blocking them entirely. These new mods are a bad influence all around. Prof really needs to stay away from social media.