Cavalier Curse!! Stuck on this for like 6 months now

2»

Comments

• peixemacacopeixemacaco Member Posts: 2,277 ★★★★
    SammyDe said:

Watch MCOC Noob video and save up revives, health potions and 4 hr crystals. Save up 1-2k units as a buffer and even get the exploration deals from EQ with boosts and team revives. Rest up and relax your hand before the fight.
    Good luck, you can do it. I used dozens of revives a few years back for GM and now I am valiant. You can do it too.

Best advice IMO

Better than some that says it's a skill issue
  • Awesomep12Awesomep12 Member Posts: 761 ★★★
    Idk
  • SirmacoolSirmacool Member Posts: 413 ★★

Madpoddle said:

Can I be a Thronebreaker without defeating the Grandmaster??

No.
    Yes you can. They changed it about a month ago. Get 4 6* to R4. I have two alt accounts that are thronebreaker and haven’t completed yet. Other guys weren’t cavalier and they went cavalier without finishing the quest
  • SirmacoolSirmacool Member Posts: 413 ★★
    Madpoddle said:

Yes. Get four 6*s to r4. You won’t be able to get to paragon without going through the quests though.
  • peixemacacopeixemacaco Member Posts: 2,277 ★★★★
    Sirmacool said:

Madpoddle said:

Yes. Get four 6*s to r4. You won’t be able to get to paragon without going through the quests though.
    Now, changed to five and at least 80% of act 6.

I do have four 6 stars R4 and still cavalier
  • Viking_St3v3Viking_St3v3 Member Posts: 153 ★★
    Madpoddle said:

Help me get on thronebreaker , cavalier rewards are all trash and there Is a good diff in catalyst you get on tb , I'm stuck on this like for 6 months spent like 400 units . But the thing shown in the tutorial videos doesn't work like that and GM gets no effect on him from my attacks

You need to follow the prompts and get him wounded. That is when all the damage happens. It’s tricky for sure. If you mess it up enough times and get too many tokens of blunder the GM gets his SP3 and you die. I pretty much herc’d it all when I did it. Herc with 12 charges once the GM is wounded does a lot of damage. And the reverse controls I just got used to and herc’d that as well. Herc if you lack skill allows you to practice for longer in that fight due to his immortality. Other champs were useful too, but he ended up being the MVP.

The fight is challenging as up until that fight there is nothing else like it. It FORCES you to pay attention and do specific things at specific times. You have to watch other things and stuff beyond just dex, punch and parry and just out damage the defender. You can out damage the GM with a few champs, Shang Chi can literally one shot him but that requires a ton of skill and stacking a massive amount of chi charges. There are lots of videos out there. I actually took notes and paused the fight in between phases to read and update myself on what I needed to do. I set aside time undisturbed to do it and did it with way fewer resources than I thought I would, but I prepped for it for like 3 weeks before I completed it. The But this fight sets you up for others later on in act 7 and 8 so push through it. Act 7/8 is actually fun and a bit easier than act 6.
  • MadpoddleMadpoddle Member Posts: 8
    Hey Guys !!! Guess what , I became paragon a month ago , thanks to all of ur advice I was able to do this , I forgot about this discussion page that's why I didn't respond sooner ,when I became TB I went for the paragon run , , CHECK THE DATES !!
    it took me one week to become PARAGON FROM CAVALIER , I guess it's just about self confidence!! Thanks all again !!
  • JLordVileJJLordVileJ Member Posts: 3,081 ★★★★
    Madpoddle said:

Hey Guys !!! Guess what , I became paragon a month ago , thanks to all of ur advice I was able to do this , I forgot about this discussion page that's why I didn't respond sooner ,when I became TB I went for the paragon run , , CHECK THE DATES !!
    it took me one week to become PARAGON FROM CAVALIER , I guess it's just about self confidence!! Thanks all again !!

Congrats, very happy 4 u